VENT Garbage Game Vent Thread

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ramsince62

Hall of Fame
The hype is kind of warranted at this point.
Took a 4-12 team to 11-5, and then went to the SB his second season.
There's a surplus of rope I'm willing to give McVay.

That's part of the problem, he had the ship headed in the right direction years 1 &2. Not so much in years 3 & now 4. Plus, McVay appears to have hole in his game, I assume you've read Warner's comments regarding Goff's issues and McVays failure to counter teams thar take away their first preference.

Last edited:

UKram

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I'm never confident when he has the ball in his hands. Yes he had the sneaks but looks awkward doing it vs Brees who is tiny but looks confident doing it. Tel me how good he looked today running around in the biggest game of the season. The slide was a complete joke and the roll out interception was beyond belief. He cpould have run for 7 yards and who was he throwing to? Much like the throw last week vs Jets where he had Woods open and threw way behind him.
Brees is four foot fuck all ... behind some very men of course he can a run a good sneak

I’m not saying goff was good today he wasn’t ... I’m saying your arguments for why you want rid make no sense

He can’t sneak — he clearly can he has done all season

Give wentz a better run game better o line and WR and you’ll take wentz —- no such offering for goff though

Wentz is tougher than goff - I don’t think wentz has played a full 16 game season since he was drafted ... except maybe his rookie year ... gifs has not missed one game since he got put in his rookie year against Miami

Sure goff hasn’t been pro bowl worthy this year maybe not even breakfast bowl but make sense in your arguments

SWAdude

And don't call me Shirley
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
John
I think McVay painted himself into a corner.

He adjusted the offense to be more efficient, like Jordain tweeted. They shipped out Cooks, so the deep threat isn't there. Teams no longer have to defend every blade of grass. Quite the opposite. They only have to defend 20 yards worth of grass because the Rams don't throw deep. Almost ever. It's ALL horizontal at this point.

This creates a perfect storm.

1) WRs aren't getting separation because the D is sitting on the short routes.
2) WRs can't run longer routes b/c the OL is weak up the middle and D's are collapsing the pocket
3) Goff in this setup has to consistently throw into tight windows. With Goff performing as poorly as he has as a pro, this is the LAST thing he's capable of doing.

This cannot be fixed in a week. THIS IS A STRUCTURAL ISSUE.

McVay is going to have to a) bolster the interior OL, b) bring back the deeper routes with either a 50/50 WR or a burner and c) Goff needs to return to form or we need someone else.

If all of those don't happen, I'll be shocked if we have a winning season next season. It is hard to understate just how bad this is right now...and I don't just mean this game.
Very well said and spot on.

McVay better fix his structural issues in the off season. And they can be done.

Something broke with him since the SB. And maybe it is largely Goff.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
NE always had a very, very good o line.
They chose to pay guys that played in the trenches, instead of highly paid skill positions.
They alway dominated in the line of scrimmage on both sides of the ball.

Their OLs were meh.

They have an offense that allowed TB to get rid of the ball ridiculously fast, so they didn't have to hold up long.

Most of those guys when they went elsewhere to get paid fared poorly.

That OL was really protected by scheme. They were usually pretty solid in run blocking and iffy in pass pro

But yeah, Belichick like most coaches has focused on winning in the trenches.

badnews

Use Your Illusion
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Hmmmm, these are the same TE's on the roster when the team was scoring 30 a game so I don't get your point.
This Oline is HOT GARBAGE compared to the one that those TEs played with.
And the TE blocking has been worse this season as well. Anyone who can't see that the blocking isn't nearly as good needs to stop paying so much attention to the ball.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Maybe Matt LaFleur was the real genius.

We were better without LaFleur in 2018. What we're missing is a monster run blocker like Saffold and a deep threat like Cooks.

This Oline is HOT GARBAGE compared to the one that those TEs played with.
And the TE blocking has been worse this season as well. Anyone who can't see that the blocking isn't nearly as good needs to stop paying so much attention to the ball.

Higbee is an above average to good blocker. He gets whooped from time to time, though. Everett is a bad blocker unless he's moving.

8to12

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Camp Reporter
Can't sneak, can't create and goes down easily while usually fumbling.
He has 4 rushing TD's, and believe 3 of them are sneaks. If you want to rant about him fine. That is not one of his weaknesses ; the entire Oline didn't block well enough today on 4 attempts at the 2 yd line.

SWAdude

And don't call me Shirley
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
John
Ok watched the game late.
Without all of the flaming emotions.

This is Goffs worst year. (Forget jeff fisher season)
Hekker hasn't been nearly as good this season and really neither has McVay.

I read these reactions and honestly I'm not surprised but for fucks sake why do you all give our O-line a pass?
Are you afraid that if you admit the oline is BAD at pass protection, that might take attention away from Goffs declining play?
Those "pockets" are almost as disgusting as Goffs pick.

This whole offense outside a couple of recievers and tailbacks has been disappointing in numerous ways.

The Seahawks are a very good team.
I know you are all furious but this game was never a given and the game really didn't look like what a lot of the vent comments describe...

On to next week.
And yes, I think we will be much better next year.

This is all fixable. And we have a smart HC that can fix things.

It will require for McVay to have a paradigm shift. He can not keep doing the same thing over and over again. The O-line needs to be better. We need a receiver that can drag defenders down the field. Goff was a pro bowl QB when we had that.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Maybe Matt LaFleur was the real genius.
In 2018, the Rams scored 3 ppg more than they did in 2017 when LaFleur was the OC, and Tennessee offense tanked when he was the OC and has flourished since he left. I have a hard time thinking they miss him in LA

What they do miss is the OPOY and MVP candidate Todd Gurley, who unfortunately doesnt exist any more...

jacktheripper85

Starter
In 2018, the Rams scored 3 ppg more than they did in 2017 when LaFleur was the OC, and Tennessee offense tanked when he was the OC and has flourished since he left. I have a hard time thinking they miss him in LA

What they do miss is the OPOY and MVP candidate Todd Gurley, who unfortunately doesnt exist any more...

I’m being facetious. It helps me cope when I’m this disgusted.

Ramon Ram

Starter
Brees is four foot fuck all ... behind some very men of course he can a run a good sneak

I’m not saying goff was good today he wasn’t ... I’m saying your arguments for why you want rid make no sense

He can’t sneak — he clearly can he has done all season

Give wentz a better run game better o line and WR and you’ll take wentz —- no such offering for goff though

Wentz is tougher than goff - I don’t think wentz has played a full 16 game season since he was drafted ... except maybe his rookie year ... gifs has not missed one game since he got put in his rookie year against Miami

Sure goff hasn’t been pro bowl worthy this year maybe not even breakfast bowl but make sense in your arguments
My main concern with Goff has been the same as ever. No ball security, no creation out of pocket. Not a great QB sneak guy but I will give you the results the last 2 nweeks. That said, I think they should have called another one after the missed first one that he fumbled on. I think McVay has lost a great deal of confidence in him as well.

Gandalf

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I asked in the GT, but will GB have anything to play for next week vs the Bears?
Forget about the bears. If we can't get one single win out of our 3 remaining games we don't deserve to be in the playoffs or expect to get very far even if we do.

matt30

Rookie
Name
Matt
That goal line stand was painful to watch. I thought Goffs play wasn't as bad as the announcers were intimating. He made some key 3rd down conversions. He was basically the entire offence. The interception was bad, but shit happens. I understanding trying to make a play off schedule but Goff has got to be aware of the down and distance. But he showed good ability to throw the ball even with a broken thumb. The fumble by Webster was disappointing but somewhat expected. O-line play is seriously holding this offense back.

Defense did well against a tough offense. I think the Seahawks had a better defensive plan than we did though.

Last edited:

SteezyEndo

The Immaculate Exception
We talking about LeFleur yet his team in a better place than we are?....

badnews

Use Your Illusion
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Can he play quarterback?
Can he block for one?
Im only asking because I haven't seen any blocking that makes me think "a pocket passer will perform well behind this".

Hell, why stop there?
Can he call plays and extend a playbook to include solutions to counter what the D is doing?

Status
Not open for further replies.