GAME THREAD: Jaguars at Rams

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
bwdenverram said:
DR RAM said:
bwdenverram said:
DR RAM said:
HometownBoy said:
DR RAM said:
Ebonemalone said:
I'm really starting to lose faith in Bradford this game. 1st read. Always stares down. Even if he's barely open
That's BS.

It's a three step drop, Kendricks has to make that play.

And Austin has the most drops in the league, the play was to Kendricks.

Kendricks was double covered, he was hit by two dudes the minute he got the ball in his hands because they were both following Bradford's eyes the whole way. You see that as a QB you can't throw that, you gotta look somewhere else.

Doesn't matter if he has drops, he's open, you get him the ball, if he drops it that's on him. You still put your team in the way to succeed and throwing to a guy who has two men draped all over him is not that.
They reacted well, but they were not draped all over him. You HAVE to look where you throw it. Kendricks should have protected the ball and went after it, instead he backed up. Nothing wrong with the throw. Could he have thrown it to Tavon? Yes, but then he has to look at him, and the defense would have reacted to him. You have to make a play.

It's a 3 step drop, a 1 option play, you guys should know that.

I agree he should of caught the ball but just because he may have been the primary read doesn't mean he had to go there. The point that's trying to be made is Sam tends to only go to the first read, covered or not. You make the best play regardless. I think Sam actually threw it late to Kendricks but Austin ran 5 yards and was wide open.
Understand what you're saying but it wasn't the only option.
Again, BS, you stick your foot and you throw it, or you probably take a sack or get it batted down.

Ok. You have your opionion, that's fine. Unless he was under pressure, which I don't think he was, he doesn't HAVE to go their. I'm not saying it was right or wrong. I'm just saying it wasn't the only option. If the ball was thrown a second early and caught we wouldn't even be arguing this.
Ask a coach.

brokeu91

The super shrink
Name
Michael
Ebonemalone said:
HitStick said:
DR RAM said:
HometownBoy said:
DR RAM said:
Ebonemalone said:
I'm really starting to lose faith in Bradford this game. 1st read. Always stares down. Even if he's barely open
That's BS.

Kendricks was double covered, he was hit by two dudes the minute he got the ball in his hands because they were both following Bradford's eyes the whole way. You see that as a QB you can't throw that, you gotta look somewhere else.

Doesn't matter if he has drops, he's open, you get him the ball, if he drops it that's on him. You still put your team in the way to succeed and throwing to a guy who has two men draped all over him is not that.
They reacted well, but they were not draped all over him. You HAVE to look where you throw it. Kendricks should have protected the ball and went after it, instead he backed up. Nothing wrong with the throw. Could he have thrown it to Tavon? Yes, but then he has to look at him, and the defense would have reacted to him. You have to make a play.

The thing is that he doesn't look anybody off. If he looks to Tavon and the players react to it then Kendricjs might have been able to have some space to work with.

He's doing a better job of going through reads on this drive and the result is a TD.

Every time you quote Dr Ram I get a notification saying someone quoted me. Why?!?
Because you're so important that whenever anyone else is quoted, they just assume they meant to quote you :cool:

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
DR RAM said:
Again, BS, you stick your foot and you throw it, or you probably take a sack or get it batted down.

Agreed. BS. Great QBs don't read the defense, see that Austin will be open and throw it to him. They force it into double coverage to Kendricks.

HitStick

Van Jefferson’s #1 fan
DR RAM said:
HitStick said:
DR RAM said:
HometownBoy said:
DR RAM said:
Ebonemalone said:
That's BS.

The thing is that he doesn't look anybody off. If he looks to Tavon and the players react to it then Kendricjs might have been able to have some space to work with.

He's doing a better job of going through reads on this drive and the result is a TD.

In all due respect, and I don't owe anybody any, you don't look off a 3 step drop, I don't care if you are Manning, or Brady, or whoever.

Watch Brady or Manning. They are looking at a different receiver during the drop and they turn their head to the primary, plant that foot, and throw.

Lesson

Oh, really?
Hopefully this means more of a combo with DR/Stacy in the coming weeks.

bwdenverram

Legend
Name
BW
DR RAM said:
HitStick said:
DR RAM said:
HometownBoy said:
DR RAM said:
Ebonemalone said:
That's BS.

In all due respect, and I don't owe anybody any, you don't look off a 3 step drop, I don't care if you are Manning, or Brady, or whoever.

Really? So if he falls down or is double covered you just say F the play or you force it in?

What's with the piss and vinegar today Doc. It's just talking.

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
Whoo TD Bradford to Pettis!!! Pettis earns his money in the red zone. :bangin:

Loving DR and Stacy today. Stacy and MoJo have similiar skill sets.

HitStick

Van Jefferson’s #1 fan
Ebonemalone said:
HitStick said:
DR RAM said:
HometownBoy said:
DR RAM said:
Ebonemalone said:
That's BS.

Every time you quote Dr Ram I get a notification saying someone quoted me. Why?!?

Ever seen Fight Club?

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
jrry32 said:
DR RAM said:

Agreed. BS. Great QBs don't read the defense, see that Austin will be open and throw it to him. They force it into double coverage to Kendricks.
Neither of us know what the play call was, jrry32. In the NFL, Kendricks was open, he should have made the play. It's fucking easy to second guess.

See you guys later after the huge win.

There is no 2nd option on a three step drop, unless the receiver falls down.

Ebonemalone

Rookie
HitStick said:
Ebonemalone said:
HitStick said:
DR RAM said:
HometownBoy said:
DR RAM said:
Ebonemalone said:
That's BS.

Ever seen Fight Club?

Lol yeah. You mean I am really Dr ram as well? Woaaah

Actually this "tapatalk" app is freaking out. EVERY single person that gets quoted, I get a notification that someone quoted me -_-

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
DR RAM said:
jrry32 said:
DR RAM said:

Neither of us know what the play call was, jrry32. In the NFL, Kendricks was open, he should have made the play. It's freaking easy to second guess.

There shouldn't have been. If you read the defense, Austin should have been your primary target. They had nobody lined up over him. The outside CB was off. It was clear zone. I read that before the play and drew a quick out to Austin on my screen.

Guess what he ran? A quick out. Our outside WR forced the CB off. Austin ran his quick out underneath it to space.

It was there. I saw it the whole time. That should have been Sam's first read if he's reading the defense pre-snap.

I know for a fact that he ran the quick out. So yes, I get frustrated. I watch great QBs play and see them almost always knowing who is going to get open. I don't see that in Sam.

HitStick

Van Jefferson’s #1 fan
In other observations:

I know its Jacksonville but Stacy as a primary back and DRich as a change of pace seems to be working well.

DRich is a great change of pace...so good at it that he fooled everyone into thinking he could be a primary back.

You got some thunder and lightning again.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
HitStick said:
In other observations:

I know its Jacksonville but Stacy as a primary back and DRich as a change of pace seems to be working well.

DRich is a great change of pace...so good at it that he fooled everyone into thinking he could be a primary back.

Agreed.

brokeu91

The super shrink
Name
Michael
HitStick said:
In other observations:

I agree

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
jrry32 said:
DR RAM said:
jrry32 said:
DR RAM said:

Neither of us know what the play call was, jrry32. In the NFL, Kendricks was open, he should have made the play. It's freaking easy to second guess.

There shouldn't have been. If you read the defense, Austin should have been your primary target. They had nobody lined up over him. The outside CB was off. It was clear zone. I read that before the play and drew a quick out to Austin on my screen.

Guess what he ran? A quick out. Our outside WR forced the CB off. Austin ran his quick out underneath it to space.

It was there. I saw it the whole time. That should have been Sam's first read if he's reading the defense pre-snap.

I know for a fact that he ran the quick out. So yes, I get frustrated. I watch great QBs play and see them almost always knowing who is going to get open. I don't see that in Sam.
I am arguing with 5 guys jrry32. My counter to you on your specific comment, is that we don't know if there was an option on the play. And, if there was, again, if he looks at Tavon, the defense shifts over there, you have to know this, further, maybe Sam didn't feel comfortable, because Tavon has dropped his share of these, and he may not trust that Austin rins the right route. It's not all black and white as you seem to want to make it. Lastly, you don't think that Kendricks should have done a better job on that play. He should have stepped up and shielded that ball.

HitStick

Van Jefferson’s #1 fan
Ebonemalone said:
HitStick said:
Ever seen Fight Club?

Lol yeah. You mean I am really Dr ram as well? Woaaah

Actually this "tapatalk" app is freaking out. EVERY single person that gets quoted, I get a notification that someone quoted me -_-

You're fight club on steroids. In fact, I am you.

"All the ways you wish you could be, that's me. I look like you wanna look, I **** like you wanna ****, I am smart, capable, and most importantly, I am free in all the ways that you are not."