GAME THREAD: Jaguars at Rams

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

brokeu91

The super shrink
Name
Michael
There was no offensive pass interference there

But I'm not sure there was really defensive pass interference. That all appeared to occur within 5 yard cushion

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Gabbert is a bad QB. Absolute garbage.

Good thing the D is taking advantage of it!

HometownBoy

Hall of Fame
Name
Aaron
Thank you Gabbert for being a scrub, and thanks Jacksonville OC for going Schott tier stupid and not letting MJD run it down our throats.

bwdenverram

Legend
Name
BW
DR RAM said:
jrry32 said:
DR RAM said:
jrry32 said:
DR RAM said:
Again, BS, you stick your foot and you throw it, or you probably take a sack or get it batted down.

Agreed. BS. Great QBs don't read the defense, see that Austin will be open and throw it to him. They force it into double coverage to Kendricks.
Neither of us know what the play call was, jrry32. In the NFL, Kendricks was open, he should have made the play. It's freaking easy to second guess.

See you guys later after the huge win.

There is no 2nd option on a three step drop, unless the receiver falls down.

There shouldn't have been. If you read the defense, Austin should have been your primary target. They had nobody lined up over him. The outside CB was off. It was clear zone. I read that before the play and drew a quick out to Austin on my screen.

Guess what he ran? A quick out. Our outside WR forced the CB off. Austin ran his quick out underneath it to space.

It was there. I saw it the whole time. That should have been Sam's first read if he's reading the defense pre-snap.

I know for a fact that he ran the quick out. So yes, I get frustrated. I watch great QBs play and see them almost always knowing who is going to get open. I don't see that in Sam.
I am arguing with 5 guys jrry32. My counter to you on your specific comment, is that we don't know if there was an option on the play. And, if there was, again, if he looks at Tavon, the defense shifts over there, you have to know this, further, maybe Sam didn't feel comfortable, because Tavon has dropped his share of these, and he may not trust that Austin rins the right route. It's not all black and white as you seem to want to make it. Lastly, you don't think that Kendricks should have done a better job on that play. He should have stepped up and shielded that ball.

I'm not even trying to argue with you Dr. We can all assume Kendricks was indeed the hot read and he probably was.
The reality is the play should of been a first down. I think Sam throws it earlier and Lance goes and catches it and none of this is a discussion. I think what I would say and maybe Jrry is saying is maybe at the LOS Sam should of looked at the coverage and changed it to Austin. But you are right, he has dropped some passes so maybe that was a factor. It's one play in a game and not worth this much back and forth. It was just an observation, that's all. I'll kick myself out of this conversation.

HitStick

Van Jefferson’s #1 fan
I blame all of our problems on the fact that Fisher has had a goatee all year instead of a mustache.

C'Mon, man!

rickrawk

Starter
Name
Rick
bwdenverram said:
DR RAM said:
jrry32 said:
DR RAM said:
jrry32 said:
DR RAM said:
Again, BS, you stick your foot and you throw it, or you probably take a sack or get it batted down.

Agreed. BS. Great QBs don't read the defense, see that Austin will be open and throw it to him. They force it into double coverage to Kendricks.
Neither of us know what the play call was, jrry32. In the NFL, Kendricks was open, he should have made the play. It's freaking easy to second guess.

There shouldn't have been. If you read the defense, Austin should have been your primary target. They had nobody lined up over him. The outside CB was off. It was clear zone. I read that before the play and drew a quick out to Austin on my screen.

Guess what he ran? A quick out. Our outside WR forced the CB off. Austin ran his quick out underneath it to space.

It was there. I saw it the whole time. That should have been Sam's first read if he's reading the defense pre-snap.

I know for a fact that he ran the quick out. So yes, I get frustrated. I watch great QBs play and see them almost always knowing who is going to get open. I don't see that in Sam.
I am arguing with 5 guys jrry32. My counter to you on your specific comment, is that we don't know if there was an option on the play. And, if there was, again, if he looks at Tavon, the defense shifts over there, you have to know this, further, maybe Sam didn't feel comfortable, because Tavon has dropped his share of these, and he may not trust that Austin rins the right route. It's not all black and white as you seem to want to make it. Lastly, you don't think that Kendricks should have done a better job on that play. He should have stepped up and shielded that ball.

I'm not even trying to argue with you Dr. We can all assume Kendricks was indeed the hot read and he probably was.
The reality is the play should of been a first down. I think Sam throws it earlier and Lance goes and catches it and none of this is a discussion. I think what I would say and maybe Jrry is saying is maybe at the LOS Sam should of looked at the coverage and changed it to Austin. But you are right, he has dropped some passes so maybe that was a factor. It's one play in a game and not worth this much back and forth. It was just an observation, that's all. I'll kick myself out of this conversation.
how about giving it a fucking rest already!

GO RAMS!!!!

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
What happened to Richardson? He has no pop this year. Last year, he actually got some push after contact. This year, he just goes down.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
bwdenverram said:
DR RAM said:
jrry32 said:
DR RAM said:
jrry32 said:
DR RAM said:

Shit, I'm out of it too. I can say that the throw might have been a little late, but I can't question and point blame at what I DON'T know, that is silly to me.

The Rams are winning. I am winning.

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
Bradford has to have a perfect pocket and it's pretty annoying...

So many QB's handle pressure better.

brokeu91

The super shrink
Name
Michael
We might as well just fair catch every punt because everytime they try to return it, there is invariably a flag and we end up going backwards

I feel bad for Tavon

bwdenverram

Legend
Name
BW
rickrawk said:
bwdenverram said:
DR RAM said:
jrry32 said:
DR RAM said:
jrry32 said:
DR RAM said:

how about giving it a freaking rest already!

GO RAMS!!!!

Seriously. I said what I said and I was jumping out. What exactly did you need to say that for. I was being cool about it.

HitStick

Van Jefferson’s #1 fan
If I was Tavon I would fair catch every single punt. It's ridiculous. He may be top 3 in yardage if it wasn't for a penalty every single return.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
I can't help but wonder if they got to cut Bates to make a point. These special team penalties are just crazy.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2

HitStick

Van Jefferson’s #1 fan
brokeu91 said:
We might as well just fair catch every punt because everytime they try to return it, there is invariably a flag and we end up going backwards

I feel bad for Tavon

You beat me to it lol

RamBall

Legend
Camp Reporter
Name
Dave
Dont these guys realize it doesnt matter what Tavon can do if they continue to hold or block in the back?

HometownBoy

Hall of Fame
Name
Aaron
brokeu91 said:

I feel bad for Tavon

You say that like we wouldn't just find a way to get penalized on the fair catch.

Watching Richardson has just be awful, man what happened to him?

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Gabbert benched!

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2