GAME THREAD: Jaguars at Rams

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

bwdenverram

Legend
Name
BW
joeybittick said:
bwdenverram said:
joeybittick said:
Seriously. I said what I said and I was jumping out. What exactly did you need to say that for. I was being cool about it.

You were trying to put it to rest, let's let this go right now before it gets personal.

And freaking flag... Austin is EXPLOSIVE, but the Rams have a target on them now, every special teams play the refs are looking for things they might let go if the Rams weren't the Rams. I don't know about this specific play, but in general, that seems the case to me.

Good to see you in here Joey!

Peace.

I feel for Austin too. How can there be a flag on EVERY damn return. Crazy.

Thanks man! I have had the worst week I have had in a looooong time, so I figured I would distract myself and talk about the Rams when they are having a good week.

And yeah, every return? They say there is holding on every play, it's just not called every play... unless the team doing the holding are wearing horns :sick:

Sorry it's been a tough week bro. Hopefully a Rams victory today will help a little.
Never seen so many penalties on ST in 30 years of football. It's almost like the ref's have it out for us. Who knows..
I will say, I've been pleasantly surprised by Stacy. He's not flashy but he just flat out gets it done. I like DR to a point, but I think Stacy (or Pead) have to start the rest of the year.

rickrawk

Starter
Name
Rick
bwdenverram said:
joeybittick said:
Seriously. I said what I said and I was jumping out. What exactly did you need to say that for. I was being cool about it.

You were trying to put it to rest, let's let this go right now before it gets personal.

And freaking flag... Austin is EXPLOSIVE, but the Rams have a target on them now, every special teams play the refs are looking for things they might let go if the Rams weren't the Rams. I don't know about this specific play, but in general, that seems the case to me.

Peace.

I feel for Austin too. How can there be a flag on EVERY damn return. Crazy.[/quote]
hey bwdenverram, I meant nothing personal by my statement, bro. I was just trying to say we got a game here, let's cheer for our team. No harm, no foul. I owe you a beer.
GO RAMS!!!!

Yamahopper

Hall of Fame
jrry32 said:
Yamahopper said:
These guys like Ray Ray, Bates, Mcgee etc. who keep committing all the special team penalties just cut them. None of them will ever be able to play on a GOOD team so why are they here?
All they do is hold the better players on the Rams back.

Not a good course of action.

And why not?
Do you see them starting for teams of the quality of the Seahawks, Broncos, Saints inthe next couple years?
If not why should the Rams carry them if they want to compete with with those teams.
J.A.G's.
Throw Drich into that bunch.

bwdenverram

Legend
Name
BW
rickrawk said:
bwdenverram said:
joeybittick said:

Peace.

hey bwdenverram, I meant nothing personal by my statement, bro. I was just trying to say we got a game here, let's cheer for our team. No harm, no foul. I owe you a beer.
GO RAMS!!!![/quote]

All good bro, no harm done. We all get a little intense when things aren't going as well as we hoped.
Let's score 40 and have a toast :cheers:

Pancake

Hall of Fame
Name
Ernie
Yamahopper said:
jrry32 said:
Yamahopper said:
These guys like Ray Ray, Bates, Mcgee etc. who keep committing all the special team penalties just cut them. None of them will ever be able to play on a GOOD team so why are they here?
All they do is hold the better players on the Rams back.

Not a good course of action.

And why not?
Do you see them starting for teams of the quality of the Seahawks, Broncos, Saints inthe next couple years?
If not why should the Rams carry them if they want to compete with with those teams.
J.A.G's.
Throw Drich into that bunch.

They will replace guys but they need to find better players first.

joeybittick

Rookie
bwdenverram said:
joeybittick said:
bwdenverram said:
joeybittick said:

Peace.

Thanks man! I have had the worst week I have had in a looooong time, so I figured I would distract myself and talk about the Rams when they are having a good week.

And yeah, every return? They say there is holding on every play, it's just not called every play... unless the team doing the holding are wearing horns :sick:

Sorry it's been a tough week bro. Hopefully a Rams victory today will help a little.
Never seen so many penalties on ST in 30 years of football. It's almost like the ref's have it out for us. Who knows..
I will say, I've been pleasantly surprised by Stacy. He's not flashy but he just flat out gets it done. I like DR to a point, but I think Stacy (or Pead) have to start the rest of the year.

A Rams win will certainly ease the sting :cheese:

I have been watching football for close to 20 years, and I agree with you, an unreal amount of ST penalties.

And yeah, I know it's the Jaguars, but Richardson is not having success against them, Stacy is. So, even if Stacy isn't this good every week, he is looking more effective than DR.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
HometownBoy said:
If we're just gonna slant to Austin, why not run?
Because in Tavon, we are supposed to get RAC.

RamBall

Legend
Camp Reporter
Name
Dave
Teams are leaving no space for TA to work, that play had no chance even if he catches it. Need to find a way to get him in the open field, instead of just throwin to him quick with 2 or more defenders on him. And if hes drawin that much attention someone has to be open.

WvuIN02

Starter
Not going to get YAC throwing to a guy who always is bracketed by 2 guys.

Completely pointless on 3rd and 9, he would have only gotten a yard or two. When that happens you see a guy like Manning go to another read. Bradford just locks on regardless of coverage.

HometownBoy

Hall of Fame
Name
Aaron
DR RAM said:
HometownBoy said:
Dude's getting covered all over the place. If we're gonna throw to a guy where everybody on the defense is gonna converge on him we might as well run instead of putting the brunt on a rookie WR of all things.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
HometownBoy said:
DR RAM said:
HometownBoy said:
Dude's getting covered all over the place. If we're gonna throw to a guy where everybody on the defense is gonna converge on him we might as well run instead of putting the brunt on a rookie WR of all things.
I hope the Rams hire one of the many QB's and OC's in this forum once Bradford is cut, and Shotty is fired.

RamBall

Legend
Camp Reporter
Name
Dave
Even when the Rams are winning it is frustrating to watch. Why cant they just execute and finish the game already.

WvuIN02

Starter
HometownBoy said:
DR RAM said:
HometownBoy said:

Defenses keep the middle of the field with guys to cover the only threats the Rams have in Cook and Austin. Rams wideouts I hate to say it, but just stink. Neither Givens, Quick Pettis etc would be top options on most teams, maybe Givens as a number 2-3 wr at best. How often does Shotty go deep....teams have no respect for that part of the Rams game and can keep everyone up close until they are made to pay for it. A guy like Brees would light your arse up for trying that crap.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
WvuIN02 said:
HometownBoy said:
DR RAM said:
HometownBoy said:

Defenses keep the middle of the field with guys to cover the only threats the Rams have in Cook and Austin. Rams wideouts I hate to say it, but just stink. Neither Givens, Quick Pettis etc would be top options on most teams, maybe Givens as a number 2-3 wr at best. How often does Shotty go deep....teams have no respect for that part of the Rams game and can keep everyone up close until they are made to pay for it. A guy like Brees would light your arse up for trying that crap.
Please don't forget that this is a Rams fan forum, and not just a WV forum, and when you separate yourself by saying YOUR, that's just not cool.