Game of Thrones: Season 8

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Dani went Mad Queen like I thought she would, but I didn't think she would massacre all of the innocents. Like OldSchool, I now think Arya has decided that Dani can never be Queen.

As for the horrors of war, it has always been this way. Rapes and atrocities always happen, so Jon Snow's reaction to seeing it is a little much. Why do you think many so many soldiers come back from war and don't want to talk about it? Things they may have done or may have seen, never go away. Things that people who have only known peace and civility can never comprehend.....(unless they are historians :rockon:)

He should not be a Sally pureheart, for he is a Targaryan as well. Jon has that Mad King potential as well.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
Well, at the beginning of the episode, Arya does say she’s going to kill the Queen.

She never said which one.

After what she lived through... the white horse was more than a bit heavy-handed...pretty sure Cersei’s name was scratched off and Dani’s was added.

Jon Snow/Aegon Targaryen pledged devotion, but wouldn’t further commit.

Here’s my guess of the End shocker. As a Targaryen and worthy of the throne, Dani says Dracaris for Jon to burn with Tyrion for their betrayal. Tyrion burns...but Jon doesn’t. Jon’s taken prisoner and Arya kills Dani. Jon reluctantly assumes the throne. Drogon flies off. Sansa rules Winterfell, though she begins to eye the Iron Throne as does Yara of the Iron Islands.

And somehow, the ending will feel like crap... kinda the opposite of the ending of MASH.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Entire Iron Fleet burns and Euron is only one to make it to shore. At least to the part of the shore where Jaime will show up to.
Loved the episode but man the writing is so lazy at times.
Grey Worm and Jon to do battle now. Ought to be epic.
Clegane fight to finish was pretty awesome, and quite fitting IMO.
They didn’t have the luxury of taking a season for Dani to turn mad Queen, and I’m not sure how the archers were so on point to take down a dragon one week and then were about 0-50 from the field on the sea, but I dig how she went apeshit
All in all that episode was fantastic
Green eyes coming up.

Oh wait, maybe I missed it, but what happened to Bronn?

PA Ram

Pro Bowler
The main problem that I see the show having this final season is that everything feels rushed. I have no doubt that Dany was going to become the mad queen but the switch flipped pretty quickly. It would have been better if the character could have transitioned more slowly to her destiney. It would have felt more authentic. The series took it's time and really developed characters. That was its strength. They lost that.

Also they seem to have ignored much of what they were setting up anyway for some random outcomes.

Why on earth did they spend so much time on Jon Snow? Why bring him back from the dead? I know there is one episode remaining but beyond taking the throne(and I now doubt that happens) what was his purpose?

The writers were more interested in Arya's character for whatever reason. She may have had more screen time and impact than any other character this season. They have made her the real star.

Also, Tyrian has gotten really stupid.

It doesn't feel like the same show in many ways. The potential was here and they blew it, IMO.

The "battle" was pretty much just dragon goes wild. Dany and her army were never threatened at all. No suspense. Boring really. Compare it to "Battle of the Bastards". And this should have been epic.

Disappointing.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
Aaron Rodgers was in this episode... and he was burned to a crisp by fire.

If you missed it, he was the guy who ducked into a side alley trying to avoid the flames from the dragon... but the flames came around the corner and burned his ass up. He did a good job of going down in flames on the big scene. I guess it was the perfect role for him. LOL

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
From Varys killed for multiple trwasons, especially the two at the end was perfect.

While it would have been great to see Cersei publicly executed her dieing with just Jaimie at her side, tears in her eyes and nobody around was somehow perfect.

We now know why they didn’t have the dragons just destroy everything vs the Night King. Bad writing to have the two major battles of the season decided that way.

There will be fireworks and betrayal next Saturday and I can’t wait for how they do it.

T-REX

"King of the tyrant lizards"
Rams On Demand Sponsor

Aaron should have rolled right...dumb ass!

norcalramfan

Starter
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Well, at the beginning of the episode, Arya does say she’s going to kill the Queen.

She never said which one.

After what she lived through... the white horse was more than a bit heavy-handed...pretty sure Cersei’s name was scratched off and Dani’s was added.

Jon Snow/Aegon Targaryen pledged devotion, but wouldn’t further commit.

Here’s my guess of the End shocker. As a Targaryen and worthy of the throne, Dani says Dracaris for Jon to burn with Tyrion for their betrayal. Tyrion burns...but Jon doesn’t. Jon’s taken prisoner and Arya kills Dani. Jon reluctantly assumes the throne. Drogon flies off. Sansa rules Winterfell, though she begins to eye the Iron Throne as does Yara of the Iron Islands.

And somehow, the ending will feel like crap... kinda the opposite of the ending of MASH.
Yup, pretty sure Dani is on Arya's to do list now.

TSFH Fan

Epic Music Guy
So the main remaining threats to Dany's reign are Jon and the Starks, right? Jon is The Major Threat as he has a greater right to the throne. Also, from Dany's POV, he's betrayed her, he isn't putting out like she wants him to, and he seems to be giving off that I-love-you, but-I'm-not-in-love-with-you vibe. Dany has to see him as dangerous and expendable now, right? And Dany can't kill Jon and not kill the Starks -- the Staks know Jon's true parentage and would rebel. Plus the Starks have influence across the North. Dany has to kill them all to secure the throne.

----
----

On the one hand, I thought showing Arya, from down low, through the mayhem was effectively entertaining -- they did the same thing with Bronn and the loot train, only this was much longer/intense/chaotic. On the other hand, the scale of mayhem made Arya seem indestructible, which was a bit much.

----
----

Originally, I was disappointed when the Golden Company didn't bring their war elephants. But seeing how quickly and easily the GC was dispatched, yeah, would've been BBQ'd 'phant and a waste of the CGI budget.

----
----

It was nice seeing Dany remember how to ride Drogon in battle.

----
----

Capture 02.PNG

Oldgeek

I'm old and can't wait another 20 years for a SB W
Name
Steve
Jon is the worst! Wouldn't have a good roll in the hay with Dany to keep her mad ass happy... at least until the end of the battle. Honesty can be a bad thing.