Game of Thrones: Season 8

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I think Whit could take the Mountain...

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
You know I predicted Dani going all Mad Queen last episode, because I didn't buy the whole self determination/breaking of the wheel narrative Dani had been spewing in Essos. This world is supposed to be medieval-like, with definite gender roles that align with that. Women are powerless, except for a few who are of the nobility. Even they do not have the same claim/right of succession if a male is available. For the most part, except in the North, the little people are not very independent. They serve "their betters".

So how could a more enlightened representative government evolve without the 500+ years of time like we did here on earth to get there? Yes I know, individual kingdoms are probably what the writers are inferring, but there are unofficial Game of Thrones podcasts out there like from Bald Move, who have been talking about representative republics.

Just, no.

Bend the KNEE, knaves! Pit me an olive!

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Ok, I am starting to spew a bit. I love GOT, but someone please help me with something...In the battle with the Night King at Winterfell, I was certain that the Dothraki were exterminated with that night charge of death. This last episode, there were one helluva lot of mounted Dothraki that exterminated the Golden Company before the gate, where were they at Winterfell? Were they sent far away to be reserves? If so, why the desperate charge by the others? It seemed like the walking dead had a nose for living beings, so thinking they were bypassed without getting absorbed, is crazy to me, unless they were far away. The fighting within Winterfell didn't show any Dothraki inside. Where were these hairy cowards?:LOL:

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
Ok, I am starting to spew a bit. I love GOT, but someone please help me with something...In the battle with the Night King at Winterfell, I was certain that the Dothraki were exterminated with that night charge of death. This last episode, there were one helluva lot of mounted Dothraki that exterminated the Golden Company before the gate, where were they at Winterfell? Were they sent far away to be reserves? If so, why the desperate charge by the others? It seemed like the walking dead had a nose for living beings, so thinking they were bypassed without getting absorbed, is crazy to me, unless they were far away. The fighting within Winterfell didn't show any Dothraki inside. Where were these hairy cowards?:LOL:

Apparently, about half of the Dothraki survived. The swords going out didnt mean they were killed - I suppose they just dropped them or something. A bunch of those guys retreated when they saw what was what on the other side of that field.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
I've been following this thread, and hearing other people talking abut this on talk shows and just in general.

So many fans are unhappy with how this is closing out, with the small number of episodes and a number of other things.

It's really crazy.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Apparently, about half of the Dothraki survived. The swords going out didnt mean they were killed - I suppose they just dropped them or something. A bunch of those guys retreated when they saw what was what on the other side of that field.
They showed Jorah and a few odd people and riderless horses...came back after the Dothraki slaughter. So you saw them fighting within Winterfell afterwards? I know I didnt...

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
It's reached comical levels the hate this season is getting.

https://www.highsnobiety.com/p/game-of-thrones-season-8-petition/

There’s currently a petition on activist platform Change.org calling for a full rewrite of Game of Thrones eighth season. Titled “Remake Game of Thrones Season 8 with competent writers,” the petition has gathered more than 250,000 signatures so far, with the number climbing fast.

The reaction is perhaps unsurprising if you consider that last Sunday’s episode, “The Bells,” is now the lowest-rated episode in the show’s history, surpassing the critical backlash against the brutal rape of Sansa Stark by Ramsey Bolton in season five’s “Unbowed, Unbent, Unbroken.”

Reading stuff like this from clowns makes me like the season all the more :D

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Ok, this is what I think will happen tonight.
1. Dani tries to eliminate contenders for the Throne. Sansa and Tyrion are in immediate danger for betrayal of her.
2. Brienne kills Dani while upholding her oath to Catlyn Stark.
3. Jon refuses the Iron Throne, and becomes a Wildling.
4. Arya sails West to find out what's there...Sansa rules the Iron Throne from Winterfell
5. Roll ending credits. 90% of fans freak out because their predictions are trashed. Old School drinks Old Style beer heavily, and calls for a Game of Thrones Reboot. (oops, looks like he did that already!:rockon:)

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Ok, this is what I think will happen tonight.
1. Dani tries to eliminate contenders for the Throne. Sansa and Tyrion are in immediate danger for betrayal of her.
2. Brienne kills Dani while upholding her oath to Catlyn Stark.
3. Jon refuses the Iron Throne, and becomes a Wildling.
4. Arya sails West to find out what's there...Sansa rules the Iron Throne from Winterfell
5. Roll ending credits. 90% of fans freak out because their predictions are trashed. Old School drinks Old Style beer heavily, and calls for a Game of Thrones Reboot. (oops, looks like he did that already!:rockon:)

All I'm hoping for is Tyrion not dying. Which means he's almost certainly gonna die.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I don't care how it ends i'm gonna enjoy the shit out of it and then I'll go on facebook and talk about how it's the best show final season ever and let the hate flow through the masses.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I don't care how it ends i'm gonna enjoy the crap out of it and then I'll go on facebook and talk about how it's the best show final season ever and let the hate flow through the masses.
Me too....I am not a GOT purist since I have never read the books...I'm gonna enjoy it!

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
Welp... gotta drop my youngest off to hang out... it's about 35 mins away... so I'll be back tomorrow with thoughts...unless... the finale is either so good or so bad that I just HAVE TO comment.

The temptation to peak in on Twitter is nearly overwhelming... not...gonna...do...eet....

Dieter the Brock

Fourth responder
I tried watching Game of Thrones from the beginning yesterday to see what all the hype was about, but it is the complete opposite of what i want to watch - Machiavellians

Got two episodes in before i shut the shit off
Fuck machiavellians

What a waste of the great Sean Bean

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
I tried watching Game of Thrones from the beginning yesterday to see what all the hype was about, but it is the complete opposite of what i want to watch - Machiavellians

Got two episodes in before i shut the crap off
freak machiavellians

What a waste of the great Sean Bean

It's so much more than Machiavellian in nature. There's naked women, gratuitous violence, etc.

Dieter the Brock

Fourth responder
It's so much more than Machiavellian in nature. There's naked women, gratuitous violence, etc.

I do love naked women
One thing i have noticed is how this Machiavellian format has proliferated all other shows coming out for the last few years. I had no idea why every show i watched was about fucking someone over to get ahead. Total opposite of how I live my life. So it just doesn’t work for me.
But I hope the finale doesn’t go Soprano’s on you guys :)