FREE AGENT TARGETS?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
Well hell. Sometimes I skim when I read. It is after all a RoD prerogative is it not.

I think Higs is a bottom third TE. I am in fact praying for a TE to be added. But if we move him our TE room looks so bad that I cannot imagine us doing so. Hopkins can't block for shit and his inability to dress even when the TE group had injuries is a bad look. Long might change that equation but I don't know enough about him to feel comfortable saying that. And even though it seems like we're going to address TE this year in the draft do you want teams to know you need to do that? Which will invite teams to jump in front of us at 36 for any of the guys they might covet?

So it just seems unlikely to me that we can afford to move Higs River. I won't cry or anything if they do. In fact I'll probably do backflips since it insinuates we're gonna get a TE in the draft. But it doesn't seem likely to me. I lump him in with Hav for that reason, that both are potential ways to increase cap but feel unlikely to me due to relative roster strength.

Also and btw if they add a S and LG in FA they could easily play cap games to manage this year's hit. So I'm not feeling the need to create cap space in conversation of looking at potential cheap additions.

The Rams currently have 44 signed roster players, we also have 11 draft picks and will probably gather another dozen UDFA's. We'll have 90 players in camp, our team needs a lot more than just a S and OL from free agency. We can still restructure Kupp, but if we don't add further funds, this next season is going to be a lot more dismal for even the most optimistic among us.
I'd rather expect the Rams to trade down our 2'nd round pick, so the last thing I'm concerned with at this point is other teams trying to guess what we'll do, this fan base of ours can't even come up with a consensus pick or position unit. jmo.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
We'll have 90 players in camp, our team needs a lot more than just a S and OL from free agency.
Did you really get that from my posts. That I think those are our only needs.

Seems like you're looking for an argument but sorry man I am just not in the mood for all that. I have no idea how much cap they will need to get this roster done. I think I'd rather have a root canal in fact than figure that out. But I'll tell you what... If they move Higs then I'll pat you on the back. How about that. I will even crack a beer with you and celebrate that we're gonna draft a TE almost for sure at that point.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
Did you really get that from my posts. That I think those are our only needs.

Seems like you're looking for an argument but sorry man I am just not in the mood for all that. I have no idea how much cap they will need to get this roster done. I think I'd rather have a root canal in fact than figure that out. But I'll tell you what... If they move Higs then I'll pat you on the back. How about that. I will even crack a beer with you and celebrate that we're gonna draft a TE almost for sure at that point.

Not looking to argue, really just seeking clarification ...
This is why I wish more folks presented mocks.

SeminoleRam

Pro Bowler
Name
PaceRam
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Well, I really didn’t expect a lot of action from the Rams on the 1st Day of Free Agency but I did expect/hope for a little more than what they did today. After losing some very key/important players this offseason I was hoping to see the Rams come out and show they at least had some kind of answers/plan to their loss of these players.

Been a Rams fan for over 50 years and I do really respect and like AND TRUST Sean McVay but I have to admit that I am pretty pessimistic about the upcoming season BUT have more optimism about 2024!!

BUT, With this all being said THE RAMS DID WIN THE SUPER BOWl 2 years ago and Nobody can take that away from them!!!

oldnotdead

Legend
The Rams tendered Shaun Jolly a 5'9" CB with barely average straight line speed of 4.52. Shaun is strictly a zone CB just like Troy Hill with the same limitations. This is the type of guy Morris wants. Morris is just fine with a mediocre defense played with players with mediocre talent. Shaun was a UDFA. Players like that will need exceptional anticipation resulting from exceptional ability to read WR route concepts. The shorter the CB the smaller his play radius. At 5'9" and only 4.52 speed his play radius couldn't be smaller. He damn well better tackle well or I see a whole lot of YAC for the receivers he covers. Oh wait he has only 30" arm length meaning he's going to struggle bringing down any WR 5'11" and taller. Yep perfect Morris type of guy. Bet Morris plays him at boundry instead of Rochell.

Passive Tampa Two here comes the Rams defense soft and predictable.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
I think they signed Coleman Shelton! At least it is a start and I think he was a good signing/extension!
This UFA signing has no effect on the 2024 compensatory draft selection awards directly.

It does make the OL unit stronger as a result of this signing in the center position with Allen/ Shelton duo available @ OC until 2025.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
We need a Monte Hall meme where they pull back the curtain and it's Shelton.

FaulkSF

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
FaulkSF
Myles Jack please. He's far removed from his college days at UCLA, but was a great athlete with excellent sideline to sideline tackling.

Flatlyner

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Survivor Champion
Myles Jack please. He's far removed from his college days at UCLA, but was a great athlete with excellent sideline to sideline tackling.
Agree with this. And since he was cut, it's right up our alley and won't count against the comp formula. Would make a solid pair with Jones and free up a essentially required draft slot. Not to mention, he'd be coming home to LA!

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Risner is still available. First wave has hit and he's not been wined and dined so it seems teams are being real with expectations on him. Maybe the Rams can get him in here and inked to an incentive-laced contract.

Seumalo available still as well. He's a lot better than Risner but comes with injury risk. Which you'd think would scare the Rams off, but all that aside they sure could use that dude. He's the kind of player who could settle down that left side for us.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Re: safety it's interesting that J Johnson is back on the market. Maybe he comes home now and back into the defense he knows under the DB coach he trusts.