FREE AGENT TARGETS?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

bubbaramfan

Legend
Camp Reporter
FA targets? I don't think McSnead have any, but I bet they take a hard look and sign some other teams cuts.

Its rather apparent the Rams are not going to spend any money.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
We did not see Matt Skura take any snaps @ the OC for the Rams last season. Skura's best skills have always been @ OC not OG.
Agreed, however, IMO, it's time to draft a Center/Guard combination as I would like to get younger, however, if they are keeping Allen and Skura is cheep that might be the way they go.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
Agreed, however, IMO, it's time to draft a Center/Guard combination as I would like to get younger, however, if they are keeping Allen and Skura is cheep that might be the way they go.

A moderately priced free agent like C/OG Evan Brown could start at LG and back-up Allen at Center, then Skura could go back to where he likely belongs, on the Practice Squad.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
A moderately priced free agent like C/OG Evan Brown could start at LG and back-up Allen at Center, then Skura could go back to where he likely belongs, on the Practice Squad.
Well, he's a Duke Alum so I'm sure there is some investment firm awaiting his arrival.

NCRamGuy

Rookie
Name
ManmadeRam
Quinton Jefferson Dt, had him before was cut by Seattle and os relatively cheap.

AJ Cann, G, Texans, guy is older vet but we could sogn him cheap like we did with Skura and the others, and be a good mentor for our draft picks on the OLine

Flatlyner

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Survivor Champion
The Rams always have a keen eye on the comp pick formula, so, I don't expect any major or even slightly major splashes. They are much more apt to sign guys that have been cut who don't count against the formula or their own FA's, which also don't count (I don't believe).

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Get the Colts to trade us Kelly for a 6th round pick and pay half his salary. Get it done Les!

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
Not a free agent but I see where Detroit signed two cornerbacks ... Cameron Sutton yesterday and Emmanuel Mosely today.

Jeff Okudah was the 3rd overall pick in 2020 but has not done much in his three seasons. Not a Brad Holmes' pick either. Would not expect the Lions to pick-up his 5th year option. Could they be willing to move-on for a mid-round-pick?

If Les Snead has any compromising photos of Brad Hopkins, NOW might be the time to play-that-card.

PARAM

Hall of Fame
Jadeveon Clowney.......offer him a low deal he'll refuse, then wait for the first wave of free agency to pass so he realizes he's not going to command big bucks and then sign him to a prove it deal for a little more.

Malibu

Pro Bowler
My 2'nd & 3'rd tier free agent choices :

OG Dalton Risner or C/OG Evan Brown (3 years)
RB D’Ernest Johnson (2 years)
ILB Devin Bush (2 years)
WR Parris Campbell (3 years)
QB Brian Hoyer if released by N.E. as expected (1 year)
I like all these options except Campbell due to $ spent better somewhere else. If not Risner Isaac Seminola.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
I like all these options except Campbell due to $ spent better somewhere else. If not Risner Isaac Seminola.

What don't you like about Campbell ? He only had 53 targets his first 3 years in the league and had his best season last year with 63 receptions out of 91 targets for a 69.2% catch percentage. He's 6', 208lbs., a year younger than Van Jeff at 25, and was a 2'nd round selection in the draft. He ran a 4.31 40 at his 2019 Combine, and Spotrac has his market value currently at $2.5 Mil. per year. What's not to like ?

Last edited:

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
There’s a party going on and the Rams weren’t invited.

So your SAYING The Rams won’t surprise us ?

I’m going out on a LIMB & hanging on to say look out for something wild & crazy to happen. At least a signing or trade that none of us even thought about.

DANG RIGHT Baby!

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
FA targets? I don't think McSnead have any, but I bet they take a hard look and sign some other teams cuts.

Its rather apparent the Rams are not going to spend any money.

REALLY? And who are The Rams going to keep of their own Free Agents & what about WR Robinson ? Come on BubbaRam!

Predictions please R” we parents now & suppose to be all grown ups? I’m sure as a married couple would say. There is one in the oven. Pick Pink or Blue.

Maybe you’re putting it out there. What about K. Mack?

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Jadeveon Clowney.......offer him a low deal he'll refuse, then wait for the first wave of free agency to pass so he realizes he's not going to command big bucks and then sign him to a prove it deal for a little more.
Sounds like a good choice. Is there any FA players The Rams have connections with.

Funny how all The Rumors have stopped. A lot of closed door stuff goin on right now. Numbers $$$ flying around to work out. agents & connecting dots.
Finding ways if this happens then what is the next step.

The Baker to Tampa still on the table? Robinson trade ? I’m just waiting to see how this all plays out.

My question on the Jalen trade was like he is a Free Agent & The RMs got an early comp pick.

Baker a comp Pick. OBJ would have been a nice Comp pick if he was healthy.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
After listening to McVay's comments on the OL he made very clear his position as to where he would lean internally to get the OL back up & running.:zany1::dizzy::hellno:

So from his words, the draft was not mentioned as any real interest in the OL. :wow2:

Made me feel somewhat deflated :not:about the Ol & the upcoming draft. The 2022 very healthy OL was blown off the field in the first regular season game & the OL went downhill from there. So if much of the same cadre was going to be utilized this upcoming season what does that tell you?:bueller:

So who are the 9 current internal Ram Ol'ers that he will lean on?

Havenstein
Noteboom
Arcuri
Pircher
Bruss
Anchrum
Thomas
Allen
Jackson

Last edited:

oldnotdead

Legend
Gaines, Powell and Orzech I can see. They need to keep Gaines as he's the closest thing they have as a replacement for Donald long term. Dixon is replaceable. His delivery is too damn slow. His kicks get blocked and there is no reason for it except he's too damn slow. I warned about it last year and it cost them at least one game. I see them using a 5th round pick on a punter.

The interesting signing would be Mayfield. If the Rams keep him it would only be to have him start in 2024. Would Baker play backup one year if the Bucs are offering him a starting position now? I think he might. He loves the culture here. The Rams gave him a chance when no one else would. Tampa had their shot last year on the waiver wire. If the Rams keep Mayfield it changes the entire draft and free agency. It also changes next year's draft.

I'm still hoping they will sign Ngakoue to replace Floyd and that would be a huge upgrade.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I'd be up for signing Leonard Fournette to a cheap deal if he'd take it