FREE AGENT TARGETS?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Ha. The more things change, the more they stay the same. OL for first three draft picks - nope. More like RB, WR, WR

WTF - Bonify’d! Did you listen to any of what Sean Mcvay said or what he did & said the last game of the season.

I don’t agree & didn’t like the move to start Chandler Brewer,but Mcvay keeps insisting that Chandler Brewer is a KEY player on the 53 man roster come September 2023 season opener. He also likes Anchrum who you liked. Just saying he is not on your list.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Pretty sure you're right Bony, Sean pretty much let it be known he's gonna run out the guys he already has on the OL. I don't expect an OL drafted early. Sucks for

It’s still early- let’s hope The Rams know Rob Havienstien is going to be a FA & The Rams need a Swing L/R Tackle as a backup & future.
Who is going to be The Rams LT in the preseason. There will be a lot of Reps(snaps) to be had.

I’m sure in the summer you will be ready for it.

Flatlyner

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Survivor Champion
If we had cap and picks, I would love for us to get Ekeler
Theoretically, yeah, he'd be awesome here. Realistically though, we can't be spending any of our little cap on a older RB. We have massive holes across the entire defense, likely a big hole at WR after ARob is gone, OL issues to sort through, etc. Also, this draft is rich in super cheap RB's. I have no expectation of us signing a FA RB unless its someone cheap like potentially D'Ernest. Even then, I'd expect we just draft one and save money.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
WTF - Bonify’d! Did you listen to any of what Sean Mcvay said or what he did & said the last game of the season.

I don’t agree & didn’t like the move to start Chandler Brewer,but Mcvay keeps insisting that Chandler Brewer is a KEY player on the 53 man roster come September 2023 season opener. He also likes Anchrum who you liked. Just saying he is not on your list.
Not what I got from the interview So Ram.

Here's my understanding...... Mcvay really liked the OT room (5 OT's signed now) as it is currently I expect no additions in this room in FA'cy or the Draft.

In the OG unit, he let it be known that Tremayne Anchrum is one of the projected starting OG's. He did not say anything positive about Logan Bruss & did not mention Zac Thomas. McVay did bring up Coleman Shelton & Chandler Brewer who both are involved now in FA'cy. McVay shows a lot of positive comments on Chandler Brewer.

I would look for the Rams to let Coleman Shelton find work in Seattle or SanFran & expect the Rams to sign Chandler Brewer to give the Rams four OG's in the OG room before the draft. I did not take the interview that Brewer was the key......but Brewer has played four OL positions since he arrive back in 2019. So Brewer has shown he is very versatile. I also recall he was take snaps in practice a lot last season.

Brewer is a very large thick OG he is the thickest & biggest Ram interior OL'er. Caberry had Brewer working @ LG all TC & preseason & even some as relief but it was when Brewer started 2 games @ RG that he was impressive & his blocking really improved.

It's early but a Brewer/Havenstien right-side OL is massive & might be what Ram's new coaches are looking at. Brewer is a much bigger man than Shelton/ Bruss/ Thomas & Anchrum. The Right side with Hav & Brew duo averages being 6-6/325 plus pounds.:fistbump1::laugh1:

Last edited:

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
It’s still early- let’s hope The Rams know Rob Havienstien is going to be a FA & The Rams need a Swing L/R Tackle as a backup & future.
Who is going to be The Rams LT in the preseason. There will be a lot of Reps(snaps) to be had.

I’m sure in the summer you will be ready for it.
Havenstein has 3 more seasons under Rams contract.

I will say this if the Rams are not planing on building a strong running game first offense this season might as well just trade the outstanding run-blocking RT. Hav is a liability in this McVay offense that we have seen the last few seasons.

When you have a well seasoned run blocker like Hav better put him to use. Placing RG's like Evans/ Shelton/ Bruss may not be a good use of OL material.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter

I will say this if the Rams are not planing on building a strong running game first offense this season might as well just trade the outstanding run-blocking RT. Hav is a liability in this McVay offense that we have seen the last few seasons.

When you have a well seasoned run blocker like Hav better put him to use. Placing RG's like Evans/ Shelton/ Bruss may not be a good use of OL material.
Well having him covered up with a TE will help Hav & the Run game.

I guess I don’t pay attentions to contracts very well. I’d say Noteboom will be a Ram longer than Big Rob imo. That’s just me though.

Right now waiting to see the direction The Rams go. Would have never guessed Floyd & A’Robinson(wr) would have been signed as FA.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Not what I got from the interview So Ram.

Here's my understanding...... Mcvay really liked the OT room (5 OT's signed now) as it is currently I expect no additions in this room in FA'cy or the Draft.

In the OG unit, he let it be known that Tremayne Anchrum is one of the projected starting OG's. He did not say anything positive about Logan Bruss & did not mention Zac Thomas. McVay did bring up Coleman Shelton & Chandler Brewer who both are involved now in FA'cy. McVay shows a lot of positive comments on Chandler Brewer.

I would look for the Rams to let Coleman Shelton find work in Seattle or SanFran & expect the Rams to sign Chandler Brewer to give the Rams four OG's in the OG room before the draft. I did not take the interview that Brewer was the key......but Brewer has played four OL positions since he arrive back in 2019. So Brewer has shown he is very versatile. I also recall he was take snaps in practice a lot last season.

Brewer is a very large thick OG he is the thickest & biggest Ram interior OL'er. Caberry had Brewer working @ LG all TC & preseason & even some as relief but it was when Brewer started 2 games @ RG that he was impressive & his blocking really improved.

It's early but a Brewer/Havenstien right-side OL is massive & might be what Ram's new coaches are looking at. Brewer is a much bigger man than Shelton/ Bruss/ Thomas & Anchrum. The Right side with Hav & Brew duo averages being 6-6/325 plus pounds.:fistbump1::laugh1:

Rams don’t resign BREWER!!

Mcvay was talking highly about him & MY BAD(WRONG) thinking he was going to be apart of The Rams.
That’s actually good news IMO.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member

Hav is like Higbee... Not great but paid appropriately and we have fuck all behind him if we were to move him.

We could potentially slide Boom to the right side but then we'd be playing pattycake on run plays and worrying about him getting hurt. Hav is a warrior, the guy logs games and battles. So at this point, like with Higs, he's the least of our worries unless they know for sure that they'll be addressing OT in the draft. Which is hard to do, given that you never know how a draft will fall plus it's not a good idea to go into it with a poor position group at that position you really want. Because teams then have an increased chance to jump in front of you if they also want a given player as they know what you are up to.

I still like what they tried to do with Bruss. The idea of adding a strong run game OG next to Hav was the right direction, they just got burned because they were short on options if he wasn't ready or got hurt. And of course he got hurt. But it is entirely possible we see Bruss deliver the vision they had there this season.

So my question at this point is what's the plan at LG and C. Because LT will be wait a year and let's see what Jackson/Boom can do. There are just too many holes in this roster and we don't have high enough draft capital to try to force a LT solution. But what we can do is maybe bring in a FA to solve LG and then draft a C who can challenge Allen. Then maybe we have a completely different looking OL that might actually blow some defensive fronts off the ball in the run game, which would completely change the way this offense looks and the scoring bottom line.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Big fan of this, frees up our top 4 picks to be used elsewhere

Good way to look at it as well.

The Jalen trade free’s up Cap & Rams have a TE(2023).
Then sprinkle a Swing Tackle,CB , & Edge/DE. Whatever the value is.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
Hav is like Higbee... Not great but paid appropriately and we have fuck all behind him if we were to move him.

We could potentially slide Boom to the right side but then we'd be playing pattycake on run plays and worrying about him getting hurt. Hav is a warrior, the guy logs games and battles. So at this point, like with Higs, he's the least of our worries unless they know for sure that they'll be addressing OT in the draft. Which is hard to do, given that you never know how a draft will fall plus it's not a good idea to go into it with a poor position group at that position you really want. Because teams then have an increased chance to jump in front of you if they also want a given player as they know what you are up to.

I still like what they tried to do with Bruss. The idea of adding a strong run game OG next to Hav was the right direction, they just got burned because they were short on options if he wasn't ready or got hurt. And of course he got hurt. But it is entirely possible we see Bruss deliver the vision they had there this season.

So my question at this point is what's the plan at LG and C. Because LT will be wait a year and let's see what Jackson/Boom can do. There are just too many holes in this roster and we don't have high enough draft capital to try to force a LT solution. But what we can do is maybe bring in a FA to solve LG and then draft a C who can challenge Allen. Then maybe we have a completely different looking OL that might actually blow some defensive fronts off the ball in the run game, which would completely change the way this offense looks and the scoring bottom line.

So you don't want to do this or that, but you have serious reservations on solutions. You want a FA offensive lineman without explaining how that affects our tiny available CAP.
While I agree that it would be a mistake to unload Havenstein now, that could easily change next year. We don't have anything behind Hav currently, so that's explainable. Higbee though is a different set of circumstances, moving him would bring us an additional draft pick, and just as important, more CAP relief. We have two vets behind Higs and we are looking at one of the strongest TE draft classes in years.
jmo.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
So you don't want to do this or that, but you have serious reservations on solutions. You want a FA offensive lineman without explaining how that affects our tiny available CAP.
While I agree that it would be a mistake to unload Havenstein now, that could easily change next year. We don't have anything behind Hav currently, so that's explainable. Higbee though is a different set of circumstances, moving him would bring us an additional draft pick, and just as important, more CAP relief. We have two vets behind Higs and we are looking at one of the strongest TE draft classes in years.
jmo.
When I say FA OL what I mean is a LG like Risner, the type who isn't quite there yet in his development. Someone to supplement the interior options they'll put into that position in camp. One of whom is probably going to be Boom, so they won't be willing to spend too much and as you observed there won't be a ton of money.

So if they move Hav it just creates more uncertainty where we are relying more on a guy like Boom. I would prefer to go the other way. Rely less on him, but allow him to compete for the left side jobs which has the side effect of not fucking with his feet either.

FA usage should be OG and S. At least from where I'm sitting. Both have options, both are cheap relatively as positions, and both can give us another option that may help us. Not looking for slam dunks here. We're gonna be relying on rainbows and unicorns this year for sure, so just try to cobble together as many of those on the cheap as you can plus the draft picks.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
When I say FA OL what I mean is a LG like Risner, the type who isn't quite there yet in his development. Someone to supplement the interior options they'll put into that position in camp. One of whom is probably going to be Boom, so they won't be willing to spend too much and as you observed there won't be a ton of money.

So if they move Hav it just creates more uncertainty where we are relying more on a guy like Boom. I would prefer to go the other way. Rely less on him, but allow him to compete for the left side jobs which has the side effect of not fucking with his feet either.

FA usage should be OG and S. At least from where I'm sitting. Both have options, both are cheap relatively as positions, and both can give us another option that may help us. Not looking for slam dunks here. We're gonna be relying on rainbows and unicorns this year for sure, so just try to cobble together as many of those on the cheap as you can plus the draft picks.

I'd love to bring in Risner or Evan Brown as a moderately priced free agent, hopefully for something less than what Ben Powers cost Denver. I've mentioned this in previous threads. Still, we have CAP restrictions unless we find another way to open some space.
For some reason you decided to address not moving Havenstein where I stated I was in agreement, and you dismissed my comment on Higbee.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I'd love to bring in Risner or Evan Brown as a moderately priced free agent, hopefully for something less than what Ben Powers cost Denver. I've mentioned this in previous threads. Still, we have CAP restrictions unless we find another way to open some space.
For some reason you decided to address not moving Havenstein where I stated I was in agreement, and you dismissed my comment on Higbee.
Well hell. Sometimes I skim when I read. It is after all a RoD prerogative is it not.

I think Higs is a bottom third TE. I am in fact praying for a TE to be added. But if we move him our TE room looks so bad that I cannot imagine us doing so. Hopkins can't block for shit and his inability to dress even when the TE group had injuries is a bad look. Long might change that equation but I don't know enough about him to feel comfortable saying that. And even though it seems like we're going to address TE this year in the draft do you want teams to know you need to do that? Which will invite teams to jump in front of us at 36 for any of the guys they might covet?

So it just seems unlikely to me that we can afford to move Higs River. I won't cry or anything if they do. In fact I'll probably do backflips since it insinuates we're gonna get a TE in the draft. But it doesn't seem likely to me. I lump him in with Hav for that reason, that both are potential ways to increase cap but feel unlikely to me due to relative roster strength.

Also and btw if they add a S and LG in FA they could easily play cap games to manage this year's hit. So I'm not feeling the need to create cap space in conversation of looking at potential cheap additions.