FREE AGENT TARGETS?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
The interesting signing would be Mayfield. If the Rams keep him it would only be to have him start in 2024. Would Baker play backup one year if the Bucs are offering him a starting position now? I think he might. He loves the culture here. The Rams gave him a chance when no one else would. Tampa had their shot last year on the waiver wire. If the Rams keep Mayfield it changes the entire draft and free agency. It also changes next year's draft.
Still selling this nonsense?
He's not signing for peanuts when he can get paid elsewhere

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
After listening to McVay's comments on the OL he made very clear his position as to where he would lean internally to get the OL back up & running.:zany1::dizzy::hellno:

So from his words, the draft was not mentioned as any real interest in the OL. :wow2:

Made me feel somewhat deflated :not:about the Ol & the upcoming draft. The 2022 very healthy OL was blown off the field in the first regular season game & the OL went downhill from there. So if much of the same cadre was going to be utilized this upcoming season what does that tell you?:bueller:

So who are the current internal Ram Ol'ers that he will lean on?

Havenstein
Noteboom
Arcuri
Pircher
Bruss
Anchrum
Thomas
Allen

It tells me that Stafford is in trouble, ... and so will our running game be.

XXXIVwin

Hall of Fame
It's so fuckin sad to watch FA and not hear us do some crazy shit. Damn we got spoiled for a bit there hahaha
This.

I miss the days when other fan boards were wailing, "how do the Rams manage to sign all these guys?!?"

Now it's the exact opposite. We're letting so many guys go, it's hard to keep track...

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
This.

I miss the days when other fan boards were wailing, "how do the Rams manage to sign all these guys?!?"

They'll be back to saying those things in 2025. Go young in 2023 & 2024, then blast them with both barrels in 2025. jmo.

XXXIVwin

Hall of Fame
They'll be back to saying those things in 2025. Go young in 2023 & 2024, then blast them with both barrels in 2025. jmo.
Yeah, that's the big question for me. Are the Rams looking to come roaring back in 2024, or 2025?

I'm thinking it's 2024 simply because AD and MS are getting so damn old.

What's the point of building toward 2025 if we might be without our franchise QB and our all-world DT? Doesn't seem to make sense to me.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
Yeah, that's the big question for me. Are the Rams looking to come roaring back in 2024, or 2025?

I'm thinking it's 2024 simply because AD and MS are getting so damn old.

What's the point of building toward 2025 if we might be without our franchise QB and our all-world DT? Doesn't seem to make sense to me.

If we draft our high quality QB of the future now (2023), he'll be primed for 2025.
I don't think the Rams will be loaded and ready for bear quite yet in 2024, ... AD and Staff will have to live with the consequences of being elder statesmen for 2023 and 2024, although both may retire at the end of this season or next. Either way, they'll never want for money or a Super Bowl ring.

Last edited:

XXXIVwin

Hall of Fame
If we draft our QB of the future now (2023), he'll be primed for 2025.
I don't think the Rams will be loaded and ready for bear quite yet in 2024, ... AD and Staff will have to live with the consequences of being elder statesmen for 2023 and 2024, although both may retire at the end of this season or next. Either way, they'll never want for money or a Super Bowl ring.
Respectfully disagree with ya on this one (but of course we won't know for at least another year regardless).

In my opinion, McVay feels a sense of personal obligation to AD and MS. My guess is that McVay feels he HAS to give those guys another shot in 2024.

But yeah, maybe you're right, maybe the "remodel" is so drastic that it will take at least 2 more years to turn the ship around. But the optimistic homer in me needs to believe it's just reload in 2023 and "balls out" in 2024.

Ram Ts

Hall of Fame
After listening to McVay's comments on the OL he made very clear his position as to where he would lean internally to get the OL back up & running.:zany1::dizzy::hellno:

So from his words, the draft was not mentioned as any real interest in the OL. :wow2:

Made me feel somewhat deflated :not:about the Ol & the upcoming draft. The 2022 very healthy OL was blown off the field in the first regular season game & the OL went downhill from there. So if much of the same cadre was going to be utilized this upcoming season what does that tell you?:bueller:

So who are the 9 current internal Ram Ol'ers that he will lean on?

Havenstein
Noteboom
Arcuri
Pircher
Bruss
Anchrum
Thomas
Allen
Jackson
Ha. The more things change, the more they stay the same. OL for first three draft picks - nope. More like RB, WR, WR

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
Respectfully disagree with ya on this one (but of course we won't know for at least another year regardless).

In my opinion, McVay feels a sense of personal obligation to AD and MS. My guess is that McVay feels he HAS to give those guys another shot in 2024.

But yeah, maybe you're right, maybe the "remodel" is so drastic that it will take at least 2 more years to turn the ship around. But the optimistic homer in me needs to believe it's just reload in 2023 and "balls out" in 2024.

I'm pretty sure McVay getting these guys Super Bowl Rings and probably a trip to Canton relatively soon should release him of any more 'obligation', he and Snead may even offer them the option of a trade next year if they feel some guilt in some form or manner, although I'm equally as sure that both AD and Staff are wise enough to realize our attempted repeat in 2022 fell apart due to injuries and not a misplaced trust in management. I can live with whatever happens, even if it takes until 2025 for our supremacy to reach glorified heights again.
jmo.

bubbaramfan

Legend
Camp Reporter
Pretty sure you're right Bony, Sean pretty much let it be known he's gonna run out the guys he already has on the OL. I don't expect an OL drafted early. Sucks for

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
Pretty sure you're right Bony, Sean pretty much let it be known he's gonna run out the guys he already has on the OL. I don't expect an OL drafted early. Sucks for
I hold out hope that my understanding of what McVay shared is all wrong & my old mind got my two wires twisted up. It's obvious that whatever the 8 OL'ers McVay went into the 2022 season with was not good or large or healthy enough.

The OL unit seriously needs an upgrade in talent from what McVay sent out onto the field last season.

Ram_Rally

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Meh. 2019 offensive line was a disaster. The Rams evaluated them and decided they would improve. Fans panicked. 2020 and 2021 they were a top ten unit.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
What don't you like about Campbell ? He only had 53 targets his first 3 years in the league and had his best season last year with 63 receptions out of 91 targets for a 69.2% catch percentage. He's 6', 208lbs., a year younger than Van Jeff at 25, and was a 2'nd round selection in the draft. He ran a 4.31 40 at his 2019 Combine, and Spotrac has his market value currently at $2.5 Mil. per year. What's not to like ?
Generally I am not a fan of guys who put it together in their FA season. And that doubles when there were injuries and shit.

Ramrocket

Hating 49ers and Seahawks from afar
Name
Rod
Guessing this might mean they couldn't find a trade partner for Robinson so willing to hold onto him and possibly will release him or try to trade him again during camp or at the trade deadline.
I can see us taking a 7th if the other team takes on his contract.

Last edited:

ottoman89

Busch Light slammin, hog farmin, Iowa boy.
Name
Josh Otto
I had a random thought that the Rams surprise and sign CJ Gardner-Johnson.

bubbaramfan

Legend
Camp Reporter
This thread is starving.

Hungry Feed Me GIF by M&M’S Chocolate

Tumak61

Pro Bowler
Name
Tumak61
Cap space will be used to sign a couple guys, maybe Gaines. Don't expect much more. It's about the draft now.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
Snead would seem to have a future 5th rd Comp selection from the Baker Mayfield signing & a possible 6th or 7th from the Gay signing. Not bad thus far.

Taylor Rapp/ A'Shawn Robinson/ Greg Gaines/ David Long/ Coleman Shelton & Nick Scott all should be interesting to follow all will figure into Snead 2024 draft.

AS Snead enjoys the soft soothing Sounds from the LA Ram Free Agent war room........

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AwfdbTvJDaQ

Last edited: