Free agency thread

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Akrasian

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Woohoo! CJ will counteract the comp pick for Matthews, so the Rams will keep the two fourths for Joyner and Saffold! Now let Suh sign for another midround pick!

1maGoh

Hall of Fame
Woohoo! CJ will counteract the comp pick for Matthews, so the Rams will keep the two fourths for Joyner and Saffold! Now let Suh sign for another midround pick!
I thought Anderson didn't count for comp picks because he only played in 2 regular season games (and only 5 total)?

Akrasian

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I thought Anderson didn't count for comp picks because he only played in 2 regular season games (and only 5 total)?

Why would that matter? He's an unrestricted free agent, who signed during the comp pick period. I've never seen anything that limited it to players who had a certain amount of playing time, or time with the team. If you know of any source that says that, please share. All the info I've read online doesn't mention that at all.

1maGoh

Hall of Fame
Why would that matter? He's an unrestricted free agent, who signed during the comp pick period. I've never seen anything that limited it to players who had a certain amount of playing time, or time with the team. If you know of any source that says that, please share. All the info I've read online doesn't mention that at all.
I don't know. I read it on here somewhere once. Let me go looking out and about.

LA_Rams_#29

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
LA Rams 29
wish it could have worked out to keep CJ.. but I'm confident in Brown, Kelly has shown something...and I'm sure we'll either sign another..or draft another RB....

Brown averaged almost 5 yds a carry ..he knows the offense and should benefit from us utilizing him more...

1maGoh

Hall of Fame
Alright. Nothing definitive but it seems I was wrong.

https://overthecap.com/the-basics-and-methodology-of-projecting-the-nfls-compensatory-draft-picks/

In there, the guy who originally did the compensatory pick projections says something about being released before week 10. I must have misread or read and become confused and thought it meant they have to pay at least 10 weeks or something.

I stand corrected.

To be fair, I did pose my assumption as a question because I wasn't sure.

He has to play in a number of games in 19 to count.

And it seems this guy has the knowledge. Thank you.

Akrasian

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Alright. Nothing definitive but it seems I was wrong.

https://overthecap.com/the-basics-and-methodology-of-projecting-the-nfls-compensatory-draft-picks/

In there, the guy who originally did the compensatory pick projections says something about being released before week 10. I must have misread or read and become confused and thought it meant they have to pay at least 10 weeks or something.

I stand corrected.

To be fair, I did pose my assumption as a question because I wasn't sure.

And it seems this guy has the knowledge. Thank you.

Actually, it does talk about being on the active roster for at least 10 games, which I didn't know about - but not that the player had to play 10 games. Learn something new every day, thanks.

"This suggests that a snapshot of the entire league’s rosters at the end of the regular season should be taken (including at least all players that were on the active 53-man roster or injured reserve at least ten weeks during the regular season),"

Fortunately, while CJ played 9 games, he was on the roster for 2 more games, so he actually does qualify, though barely.

VFerragamo

Cagey Veteran
Suh just posted a video of MetLife Stadium on his Twitter feed. NYJ in the mix for a new DL?

Ndamukong Suh (@NdamukongSuh) tweeted at 1:41 PM on Mon, Apr 01, 2019:
https://t.co/95tlb4m16L

Totally punked by Suh...

Ndamukong Suh (@NdamukongSuh) tweeted at 7:45 PM on Mon, Apr 01, 2019:
APRIL FOOLS!!! Was in NYC for business meetings https://t.co/Swm9vKyvSR
(
View: https://twitter.com/NdamukongSuh/status/1112908843191742469?s=09
)

Get the official Twitter app at https://twitter.com/download?s=13

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
168506383_8.jpg
The problem with Suh is that he coasted during the regular season. I don't know if he felt it was the only way to stay fresh for the playoffs or if he just didn't care. But he was dominant in the playoffs at NT. Teams weren't running on us at all. As people have heard me say a million times over, Wade doesn't run a traditional 3-4 and doesn't want a traditional 3-4 NT.

But Wade did have Sylvester Williams at Nose Tackle in Denver, and at 6'2" and 325 pounds he was built as the stout and wide run stuffer type.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
168506383_8.jpg

But Wade did have Sylvester Williams at Nose Tackle in Denver, and at 6'2" and 325 pounds he was built as the stout and wide run stuffer type.

The Broncos drafted Williams in the first round before Wade joined, and Williams was expected to be more than just a stout run stuffer type. Wade was simply working with what he was given.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
The Broncos drafted Williams in the first round before Wade joined, and Williams was expected to be more than just a stout run stuffer type. Wade was simply working with what he was given.

But it worked. That was a great defense.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
Also an extra year means a higher cap to help pay for it.

IMO he became more disciplined. He seemed to be in pass rush mode unless it was 3rd and short. He was taking himself out of plays sometimes.

Quinn used to do that too and end up out of position and leaving a hole.

This is true. Plus Wade does move people around on the DL. AD lined up outside plenty of times.

Yeah, I noticed when AD was lined up in the 5 technique, the OG would be on roller-skates trying to determine if he needed to anchor or keep moving his feet.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Yeah, Derek Wolfe was the interior pressure on that DL

Wolfe + Malik Jackson + Von Miller + DeMarcus Ware + Danny Trevathan + Brandon Marshall

Those were the other starters in the front seven. Every single one of those guys was a Pro Bowl caliber player. That defense was unreal.