Free agency thread

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Ram65

Legend

That's reasonable for the market.

Will be very interesting to compare the production to Clay Mathews. I guess with the Fowler contract signing Houston was just too much money for the Rams. I guess you can compare Fowler to Houston as well. They are getting about the same money this year but, have to see the contract details.

Colts resigning their own free agents and now make a big splash. They should still have more a lot of cap space left.

Jacobarch

Hall of Fame
Name
Jake
Love what the Colts are building. Interested to see how they handle the draft.

I called them a dark horse at the beginning of the season and I was spot on about them. They remind me a lot of what the Rams did a couple of years ago. They are gonna win their division next year mark my words.

Farr Be It

Hall of Fame
Hey DrRage46, what's with the Inappropriate rating? Bonsignore is a reputable journalist and he reported exactly what I said, he said. In fact, the Rams official repudiated the idea of Brockers getting dealt in a pretty strong way, with a little bit of stank on it. Maybe your thumb slipped?

8CECA471-7C02-4184-A17F-D614D13E656C.jpeg

“Just say the word, @LoyalRam and I’ll show this “Dr. Rage” where to put that thumb. I mean, maybe he don’t need that thumb no more.”

Last edited:

RamDino

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Aaron Donald starting to seem like a bargain. Especially if his dominant play continues for a few more years.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Hey DrRage46, what's with the Inappropriate rating? Bonsignore is a reputable journalist and he reported exactly what I said, he said. In fact, the Rams official repudiated the idea of Brockers getting dealt in a pretty strong way, with a little bit of stank on it. Maybe your thumb slipped?
Removed. I'm guessing it was an accident as there really is zero in the post to earn an inappropriate.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/...-agrees-to-terms-on-two-year-deal-with-colts/

Four-time Pro Bowler Justin Houston reportedly agrees to terms on two-year deal with Colts

The Indianapolis Colts have finally decided to make a splash in free agency.

According to ESPN.com, the Colts have agreed to terms on a two-year deal with Justin Houston. The deal with the former Chiefs linebacker is worth a total of $24 million. Although Houston had a decent season in 2018, the Chiefs decided to release him in a cost-cutting move that saved them nearly $15 million in salary cap space.

The Colts were a logical landing spot for Houston, and that's because they have plenty of salary cap space. As a matter of fact, the Colts actually went into free agency with the most salary cap room in the NFL. However, instead of handing out big contracts, the Colts spent the first week of free agency re-signing key players like Pierre Desir, Mark Glowinski and Margus Hunt. The Colts also re-signed kicker Adam Vinatieri and safety Clayton Geathers.

Before Thursday, the only other big contract the Colts gave to an outside player went to Devin Funchess, who signed a one-year deal with Indy that's worth $10 million in guaranteed money.

As for Houston, the 30-year-old could end up being a steal at just $12 million per year. Despite his age, Houston doesn't seem to be slowing down. During the 2018 season, Houston racked up nine sacks, which ranked third on the team. Over the past five seasons, Houston has a tallied a total of 52 sacks, which ranks seventh in the NFL over that span (Von Miller has the most with 63).

The move to Indy will likely mean a slight position change for the four-time Pro Bowler. With the Colts running a 4-3 defense, Houston will line up at defensive end instead of outside linebacker, according to NFL.com. The Colts' suddenly stout defense also includes 2018 NFL Defensive Rookie of the Year Darius Leonard.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/...-agrees-to-terms-on-two-year-deal-with-colts/

Four-time Pro Bowler Justin Houston reportedly agrees to terms on two-year deal with Colts

The Indianapolis Colts have finally decided to make a splash in free agency.

According to ESPN.com, the Colts have agreed to terms on a two-year deal with Justin Houston. The deal with the former Chiefs linebacker is worth a total of $24 million. Although Houston had a decent season in 2018, the Chiefs decided to release him in a cost-cutting move that saved them nearly $15 million in salary cap space.

The Colts were a logical landing spot for Houston, and that's because they have plenty of salary cap space. As a matter of fact, the Colts actually went into free agency with the most salary cap room in the NFL. However, instead of handing out big contracts, the Colts spent the first week of free agency re-signing key players like Pierre Desir, Mark Glowinski and Margus Hunt. The Colts also re-signed kicker Adam Vinatieri and safety Clayton Geathers.

Before Thursday, the only other big contract the Colts gave to an outside player went to Devin Funchess, who signed a one-year deal with Indy that's worth $10 million in guaranteed money.

As for Houston, the 30-year-old could end up being a steal at just $12 million per year. Despite his age, Houston doesn't seem to be slowing down. During the 2018 season, Houston racked up nine sacks, which ranked third on the team. Over the past five seasons, Houston has a tallied a total of 52 sacks, which ranks seventh in the NFL over that span (Von Miller has the most with 63).

The move to Indy will likely mean a slight position change for the four-time Pro Bowler. With the Colts running a 4-3 defense, Houston will line up at defensive end instead of outside linebacker, according to NFL.com. The Colts' suddenly stout defense also includes 2018 NFL Defensive Rookie of the Year Darius Leonard.

That's typically a mistake. Edge guys who move into the 4-3 end role later in their careers don't tend to work out well.

OLBs need to stay OLBs. It's too easy for those guys getting on 30+ to wear down being hand in the dirt every down.