Free agency thread

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Brockers is on the team for sure. He had a 2+ mill roster bonus paid out last week, not going anywhere.
On Suh, not sure if interest is low, or if he is taking his time. Either way, haven’t seen his name mentioned anywhere
Pretty sure he’s gone

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
A few weeks ago, Vinny Bonsignore said that un-named Rams official said that Brockers is going nowhere.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
A few weeks ago, Vinny Bonsignore said that un-named Rams official said that Brockers is going nowhere.
Yet people won't get the idea of trading or cutting him out of their minds. It could still happen but unless something crazy goes on the Rams have said he's staying and they aren't modifying his contract at all.

fearsomefour

Legend
Donald, Brockers, Franklin-Myers as starters now.
Some work to be done in terms of depth and someone to rotate with or "start" over Myers.
I would still be leaning DL with that first round pick.

Ram_Rally

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Donald, Brockers, Franklin-Myers as starters now.
Some work to be done in terms of depth and someone to rotate with or "start" over Myers.
I would still be leaning DL with that first round pick.
JFM is the interesting case because he wasn't mentioned when Snead talked about starters to replace former players . He mentioned kiser, Noteboom, and Allen . This tidbit makes me agree with you that they may or may not be looking at DT or DE .

Poppinfresh

Rookie
Interesting thing with this team is that, since it's pretty unlikely that any of the draft picks are going to see field action for a while thanks to all the veterans, they're in a great position to package picks and move up if they want.

What I'd really like to see is a truly bold move of jumping up a dozen + picks and snagging Devin Bush, but that's a moonshot that one is likely to only see in a Madden draft. I could totally see them making a smaller move to get their hands on Noah Fant or Garrett Bradbury. Things get a lot less interesting in the bottom of the 1st round and into the 2nd round because of the drop off in talent in a deep draft. Maybe Nasir Adderly if they're thinking towards a good stash player?

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Hey DrRage46, what's with the Inappropriate rating? Bonsignore is a reputable journalist and he reported exactly what I said, he said. In fact, the Rams official repudiated the idea of Brockers getting dealt in a pretty strong way, with a little bit of stank on it. Maybe your thumb slipped?

MarkyMark

Rams fan for Life!!
Name
Mark
Yet people won't get the idea of trading or cutting him out of their minds. It could still happen but unless something crazy goes on the Rams have said he's staying and they aren't modifying his contract at all.
I'm glad he's staying with us!! Hes great for the locker Room and great for our defensive line , he is in original Mob Squader!! I also believe he's underrated, but that's just my opinion . I hope he retires with the Rams.

Akrasian

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

I didn't want it to happen, I didn't expect it to happen, but before March 15 when his roster bonus was paid, I could have seen the Rams signing somebody cheap that Wade liked (say for a 2 year/ $10 million contract like Philon signed with the Cards). That way the Rams would have an extra year of control and about $4 million more cap space. As I said, I'm glad it didn't happen, but sometimes teams have to make hard choices. Once they paid $2.2 million in a roster bonus, that pretty much guaranteed Brockers will be back.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
I have this feeling that the Rams are looking at a few guys to shake loose after the Draft for our 1T DT role (it's not technically an NT in this 3-4 the way Wade does it)

There is a calm about the way the Rams are doing things which is unnerving for me because it's been decades where if we didn't sign guys early, we didn't sign them at all.

This is the way it should be done, but not how I'm used to it being done.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
Hey DrRage46, what's with the Inappropriate rating? Bonsignore is a reputable journalist and he reported exactly what I said, he said. In fact, the Rams official repudiated the idea of Brockers getting dealt in a pretty strong way, with a little bit of stank on it. Maybe your thumb slipped?
We dont call him Dr Rage for nothing

Psycho_X

Legend
I have this feeling that the Rams are looking at a few guys to shake loose after the Draft for our 1T DT role (it's not technically an NT in this 3-4 the way Wade does it)

There is a calm about the way the Rams are doing things which is unnerving for me because it's been decades where if we didn't sign guys early, we didn't sign them at all.

This is the way it should be done, but not how I'm used to it being done.

Always helps to have motivated rookies looking to take the next step. Glad to read this below, coaches were very high on him despite not having much of a role during the season.

View: https://twitter.com/vinnybonsignore/status/1108811280431734784?s=21

Elmgrovegnome

Legend