Free agency thread

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Ramrocket

Hating 49ers and Seahawks from afar
Name
Rod
Last edited:

dang

Legend
I would enjoy an exciting Rams FA run as much as the next guy but looking back to last year the Rams did most of their dealing with trades and released vets. I believe the Rams will strike with precision. They are letting the market come to them vs chasing the market with wheelbarrows of $$$$$. You know Snead is itching to play ‘Lets Make A Deal,

Stl2La

Hall of Fame

What the hell does rap mean? Does he mean he turned down a paycut and was cut by TN? Lol probably in a hurry to be first to tweet it out

*Edit: nevermind he just worded it really weird I see now. Early here in California my bad...

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
How are the niners stealing players at bargain prices yet they have millions to play with its pissing me off....then you see saints sign brown for 5 million wtf......it feels helpless just irritating me. I know there's tons of time obviously but hate seeing the teams I hate improve with bargains ...if I recall eagles and saints combined had less cap room than us yet they are adjusting and bringing people in best they can. Man hope this is part of some master plan.

The team is in pretty good shape. They can find a backup Olineman in the second stage of FA. Otherwise there isn’t a big need for a pricey FA

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon

Titans released RG Josh Kline.
Kline was entering the second year of a four-year, $26 million extension. The Titans asked him to take a pay cut, but Kline declined and now gets his walking papers. If designated a post-June 1 cut, Kline's cut clears $4.25 million in cap space. Kline already had $2 million of his $5.75 million 2019 salary guaranteed. He was Pro Football Focus' No. 69 guard out of 81 qualifiers last season.

This opens up another SFA OG for Snead & Kromer to examine, who can fit in well in Kromers classic outside zone running scheme but Kline was part of a underperforming OL last season for OC Matt LaFleur's zone scheme. The 29 year old Josh Kline has many years of starts @ both LG & RG (80 games & 65 starts). We may see this name again very shortly.

Last edited:

Jacobarch

Legend
Name
Jake
Titans released RG Josh Kline.
Kline was entering the second year of a four-year, $26 million extension. The Titans asked him to take a pay cut, but Kline declined and now gets his walking papers. If designated a post-June 1 cut, Kline's cut clears $4.25 million in cap space. Kline already had $2 million of his $5.75 million 2019 salary guaranteed. He was Pro Football Focus' No. 69 guard out of 81 qualifiers last season.

This opens up another SFA OG for Snead & Kromer to examine, who can fit in well in Kromers classic outside zone running scheme but Kline was part of a underperforming OL last season for OC Matt LaFleur's zone scheme. The 29 year old Josh Kline has many years of starts @ both LG & RG (80 games & 65 starts). We may see this name again very shortly.

I'm not familiar with him. Has he ever performed at a high level?

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
Would make sense to add him. Just think... Right now if someone gets hurt, Jamil Demby sees the field or a rookie draft pick. One vet interior OL would be great to have as we are likely to see some injuries this year on the OL. Can't remain this lucky for a 3rd strait year.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
I'm not familiar with him. Has he ever performed at a high level?
Experienced in many AFC playoff games. Kline then earned a Super Bowl ring as the Patriots defeated the Seattle Seahawks 28-24 in Super Bowl XLIX on February 1, 2015. Pro Football Focus awarded the Titans' the Offensive Line of the Year honor. PFF rated Kline an 80.0, 27th among guards. 2017 Kline scoring a 75.8 rating, number 22 among NFL guards.

IMO Kline fits the type of OL'er that would come in handy for Kromer. He may also be affordable due to his below average type season in 2018. Pure blue lunch pail type OL'er. he can be plugged in @ LG or RG without too much of an issue.

Since the Rams just have pennies to spend on filling vacant roster spots....a one time blue chip OG prospect in the 2013 Draft, selected in the first Round @ #7 overall by the Cardinals is a UFA Jonathan Cooper who has been nothing but a failure since the Cards blew his mojo up. The 29 yr old Cooper has been on SIX different teams since his Cards yrs. But he is now unemployed & he is certainly can be had for pennys. His athleticism makes him ideally suited to a zone-blocking scheme. Once again he is affordable & has started 31 NFL games @ LG.

Last edited:

Merlin

Damn the torpedoes
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
There are worse veteran backups.

I've always liked McCarron, a little cockiness with a QB isn't a bad thing and he'd be a very good backup. Gruden cutting him, however, doesn't bode well for him fitting here. I'm sure Sean and Chucky talk quite a bit.