Free agency thread

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Flatlyner

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Survivor Champion
Many had him a nice fit for the Rams on the edge. I was one of them...

Could Rams be going with the roster guys?

Ugh. What a steal. Almost think I'd rather have signed him for 5/mill then Fowler for his contract. We'd have had a lot more $ and probably just as good or better production.

Ram65

Legend
Ugh. What a steal. Almost think I'd rather have signed him for 5/mill then Fowler for his contract. We'd have had a lot more $ and probably just as good or better production.

Something to think about. I guess the Rams think Fowler's ceiling is higher. They sure paid him like it is. For only $5 Million Rams should have signed him too. Have to see how he does this year.

dang

Legend
Something to think about. I guess the Rams think Fowler's ceiling is higher. They sure paid him like it is. For only $5 Million Rams should have signed him too. Have to see how he does this year.
Also picking up any FA for top $$$ affects the following years comp picks. I think that getting comp picks is a strategic objectives of the Rams. So for Barrett either he went a lot lower than the Rams thought he would or Coach Wades first hand knowledge of Barrett resulted in an early thumbs down.

Ram65

Legend
Also picking up any FA for top $$$ affects the following years comp picks. I think that getting comp picks is a strategic objectives of the Rams. So for Barrett either he went a lot lower than the Rams thought he would or Coach Wades first hand knowledge of Barrett resulted in an early thumbs down.

You do have wonder why Wade didn't get one of his boys from the Broncos that seemed to fit the Rams need. I don't see the comp pick strategy being a driving force in all free agent decisions. Barrett was projected around $7.6 million for a long term deal. Seems like money has become a concern with the big contracts on the books and Goff's new deal coming soon. I'm not sure why they passed here but, I would really like to find out.

wolfdogg

Hall of Fame
Name
wolfdogg
I dont think they would've let sully go if they intended to hopefully be able to draft a starting center over Allen. I think they want to do what they have said and roll with Allen.

Would they put a rookie out tihere over sully or Allen, especially when there will be more than a few higher rated defensive prospects at 31.

I just dont see kromer saying I gotta have this guy even its at 31. Maybe in a trade down but I still think its a long shot at best.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I'm quite surprised that these players are still out there:
Ezekiel Ansah
Justin Houston
Ndamukong Suh
Timmy Jernigan
Corey Liuget
Eric Berry
Zach Brown
Jared Cook
T.J. Lang
Spencer Ware

I expect Suh and Houston are just taking their time. But I'm hoping the Rams will take a look at Ware and Jernigan or Liuget. Hell, if Ansah or Houston is willing to sign a cheap one year deal, who could say no to that?

And the Bradbury to the Rams at 31 possibility just took a turn for more unlikely. :D

I don't think he was ever a strong possibility.

Merlin

Damn the torpedoes
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member

Been saying forever I want a defensive player with that pick and still do. That said, it seems like the only non-defensive positions that might tempt the Rams there at 31 are him and TE.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I'm quite surprised that these players are still out there:
Ezekiel Ansah
Justin Houston
Ndamukong Suh
Timmy Jernigan
Corey Liuget
Eric Berry
Zach Brown
Jared Cook
T.J. Lang
Spencer Ware

I expect Suh and Houston are just taking their time. But I'm hoping the Rams will take a look at Ware and Jernigan or Liuget. Hell, if Ansah or Houston is willing to sign a cheap one year deal, who could say no to that?

You never know. With the Rams drafting at the end of round 1, there will be a lot of players off the board. Snead and McVay keep saying they want holes filled to give them draft flexibility, so the can take the BPA. Brad berry could be BPA by the time they draft.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Fitzmagic taking is act to another AFC East team. The tank for Tua is real.

View: https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/1107350512574386176

C4CFC479-ACD6-4613-A742-7E3D699802FE.jpeg

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Does this mean the Fins are NOT looking to draft a QB early this year?
I believe their owner has been quoted expressing his desire to have Tua next year in the draft so I'm betting they're tanking for this season. They jettisoned and didn't sign some higher priced vets and now they sign a vet to a 2 year deal. The first year to tank the 2nd year in case the #1 overall pick QB isn't quite ready coming out of camp.