Free agency thread

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

wolfdogg

Hall of Fame
Name
wolfdogg
Yeah. Brockers and maybe some salary paid as bonus could do it.

Stl2La

Hall of Fame
Rams are no doubt sniffin around on him. They obviously won't be ponying up big money, but it'll be interesting to see how the market aligns there. I'd love to see us add him.
Redskins released ILB Zach Brown.

30 yr old Brown is now on the Snead SFA list.

However Brown has an unbelievable elevated ultra high over-inflated value of his worth.:eek::blah: plus there was all the 2018 background noise in Washington after Brown’s weird social-media saga where he apparently sounded off against the team, making it seem like he won’t be back.

You gotta imagine with all the rams coaching connections with the Skins that they would know all about that stuff. So if they do sign him they must be confident in his fit and his ability to fit in(we not me).

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
You gotta imagine with all the rams coaching connections with the Skins that they would know all about that stuff. So if they do sign him they must be confident in his fit and his ability to fit in(we not me).

Yep...but in truth Brown does have some serious limitations in coverage, Wade would not be overly happy with this. He already has a low-cost Micah Kiser who is said to have some issues in this area but Kiser will cost about 7 to 8 million less. With Demoff squeezing the eyeballs out of each Lincoln penny he has @ this time ....Brown would seem to be in the list to let him pass on by @ this time...... Never know worn out worn down Barron might be looking for some employment later in summer too.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

haha, this guy is so good for laughs.

NFL Network's Mike Garafolo reports the Browns will not be signing free agent Earl Thomas.
CBS Sports' Jason La Canfora reported Tuesday evening the Browns were "feeling good" about their chances to sign Thomas, but everything Wednesday suggests that was made up and Cleveland never had any interest. They like Damarious Randall at free safety and are looking for more of a strong safety type to pair with Randall. Thomas is not that. Thomas' market has yet to develop, but the soon-to-be 30-year-old (in May) should find a home soon.

RELATED:
SOURCE: Mike Garafolo on Twitter

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
IN 10 MINUTES!
hNPms4X.png

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Reports are that Sean Mannion is headed for New York to start for the Giants...

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
C'mon flv...get the candy first and worry about the toothache later!

Jacobarch

Legend
Name
Jake
Please explain how the Rams could possibly afford Clowney with $9.5m cap space available. Who are you willing to release to get him?
They can't. I know this. Just living in my own wet dream. Let me be

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Woods signed a five year deal, so he's got three more years left.

If we made this trade for Clowney, we would sign him long term, which would make losing Fowler not an issue.

Because of how much money he will cost, my guess is we trade a 1st, a late pick and a player - leaving us with all of next years' picks intact.

Even after re-signing Clowney, and extending Goff/Kupp/JJ/Littleton next year, we would have enough money to franchise Peters if needed.

And with comp picks coming in, we're looking at 10 draft picks next year - so I think we can trade for him and be fine.

You are too optimistic. If Fowler is offered too much then Clowney will be too. No way I’d trade a first for the possibility of a one year rental. Why not save the pick and sign Fowler long term. Clowney doesn’t dominate like he did in college. Sure, he’s good but 9.5 sacks isnt something to lose your mind over

RamWoodie

Legend
This is what I think...build from the draft! Bump overpaying these FAs.

If you can't do it in the draft look for it in the preseason cuts. You can kill your team and ruin your cap space overpaying players.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
This is what I think...build from the draft! Bump overpaying these FAs.

If you can't do it in the draft look for it in the preseason cuts. You can kill your team and ruin your cap space overpaying players.
C'mon Woodie...quit being a tightwad!

ljramsfan

Pro Bowler
Name
LJ
Chiefs Release S Eric Berry
The Kansas City Chiefs announced on Wednesday that the club has released safety Eric Berry.

“On behalf of my family and the entire Chiefs organization, I want to thank Eric for his many contributions to the Chiefs over the last nine seasons,” Chiefs Chairman and CEO Clark Hunt said. “Eric has been a tremendous leader for our football team and an inspiration to so many fans over the years, and we sincerely appreciate all that he has meant to the Chiefs. He will always be an important part of our Chiefs family, and we wish him nothing but the best in the future.”

“We continually evaluate every aspect of our football team and we came to the decision that it was in our best interest to release Eric,” Chiefs General Manager Brett Veach said. “Knowing what Eric has meant to this organization and this city made this an incredibly difficult decision. We wish him nothing but the best.”

“I’d like to thank Eric for his contributions to our team and the Kansas City community over the last nine years,” Chiefs Head Coach Andy Reid said. “Seeing his passion and watching his love for the game has been truly remarkable. He’s a special person, and we wish him the best as his career moves forward.”

skoj1icwcuilqvm9rap8.jpg

Berry (6-0, 212) has played in 89 games (87 starts) in nine NFL seasons with the Chiefs (2010-18). His career numbers include 440 tackles (372 solo), 5.5 sacks, 14 interceptions (five return TDs), 51 passes defensed, three forced fumbles and two fumble recoveries.

He earned five trips to the Pro Bowl in his time with the Chiefs. Following the 2015 season, Berry was honored with the AP’s Comeback Player of the Year Award as well as being the recipient of the Ed Block Courage Award after overcoming Hodgkin’s lymphoma. He earned the team’s Derrick Thomas Award in 2015 and 2016, given to the team’s most valuable player, voted on by his teammates.

The Fairburn, Ga., native, originally entered the NFL as the fifth-overall pick in the 2010 NFL Draft by the Chiefs. He played collegiately at the University of Tennessee.

Sign him now!!!!

Seriously think that he will go to the Browns or Seahawks. I think he is on his last leg. Its ashamed tho