Free agency thread

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Akrasian

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Ford to SF hurts.

Anyone interested in Nick Perry?

Ford had a good season - the best of his career. He's really had one other good season. And keep in mind that the Chief's opponents had to pass all the time to keep up with them. So that likely inflated his sack totals somewhat. He's a good player, but I don't know if he's worth over 9% of the cap. It wouldn't shock me if he never gets 13 sacks again.

ReekofRams

Hall of Fame
Name
Reek
Tomorrow I need more information to fire my imagination to give me inspiration hopefully before my cremation where I may face my damnation. So please dear Ram Nation, grant me a day of elation.

payote75

Hall of Fame
Name
Payote75
Anyone think the jags would take a trade of peters and Reynolds for jalen Ramsey???
Would free up some money for us and allow us to pick the bones from the nfl cuts and as far as jam well peters is peters and with there pass rush and the way he likes to play works and in all honesty Reynolds is a poor mans Alshon Jeffery right now and foles likes that big target to throw it up too?

Or do you guys think they hang up on us lol

fearsomefour

Legend
Ford had a good season - the best of his career. He's really had one other good season. And keep in mind that the Chief's opponents had to pass all the time to keep up with them. So that likely inflated his sack totals somewhat. He's a good player, but I don't know if he's worth over 9% of the cap. It wouldn't shock me if he never gets 13 sacks again.
He is over paid. But of course the Rams overpaid Fowler.
They added two good LBs.

dang

Legend
After tendering the RFAs - the Rams only have about $9.5m cap space left. I believe the Rams will try for CJ Anderson leaving very little left. Maybe enough to go after 1 more cheap defensive FA and a cheap FA OL.

Akrasian

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
He is over paid. But of course the Rams overpaid Fowler.
They added two good LBs.

Oh, it will likely help them next year.

But giving a good but not great player a 5 year contract that pays him like he's one of the best players in the league, at age 28 (in a week) is different than overpaying less extremely a soon to be 25 year old for one season. I figure some of the money for Fowler is because it's only a one season contract, so the Rams could buy some time to develop a replacement. We'll see how much money is guaranteed for Dee.

fearsomefour

Legend
After tendering the RFAs - the Rams only have about $9.5m cap space left. I believe the Rams will try for CJ Anderson leaving very little left. Maybe enough to go after 1 more cheap defensive FA and a cheap FA OL.
Yeah.
Pretty limited and blah FA period for the Rams.
Losing Saffold hurts the team. But realistically he would have had to take a lot less, like $5M a year for the team to keep him.

NERamsFan

Pro Bowler
Anyone think the jags would take a trade of peters and Reynolds for jalen Ramsey???
Would free up some money for us and allow us to pick the bones from the nfl cuts and as far as jam well peters is peters and with there pass rush and the way he likes to play works and in all honesty Reynolds is a poor mans Alshon Jeffery right now and foles likes that big target to throw it up too?

Or do you guys think they hang up on us lol
My dream all off-season, as I have shared on twitter as well, is to trade Peters and a future second or maybe even consider our first this year, in exchange for Ramsey and a pick; a fifth this year if it’s our second next year or their second if it’s our first this year. I want Ramsey!!

Also fwiw, anyone on here on twitter feel free to add: bigbry55. I’m all about rams on twitter!

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
He held out all last year only to sign that?

Akrasian

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
He held out all last year only to sign that?

He was afraid that if he signed a one-year franchise tag, that the Steelers would intentionally overuse him, and shorten his career. He's paranoid, but it's his career. And given the incredibly small amount of guaranteed money he was offered by the Steelers in the contract they offered before the franchise tag - he might be right. In any case, he has enough guaranteed money now to live high on the hog in his retirement if he's not foolish (yes, that's a longshot)

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
He was afraid that if he signed a one-year franchise tag, that the Steelers would intentionally overuse him, and shorten his career. He's paranoid, but it's his career. And given the incredibly small amount of guaranteed money he was offered by the Steelers in the contract they offered before the franchise tag - he might be right. In any case, he has enough guaranteed money now to live high on the hog in his retirement if he's not foolish (yes, that's a longshot)

View: https://twitter.com/JasonLaCanfora/status/1105689239545696257

Minus of course the $14.5 million he missed out on last year.