Free agency thread

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

MadGoat

Mathematically alive
I don't think it was for nothing . If the deal he wants doesn't materialize then so be it. But at least he gets to play on his term .Franchise tag is bs .
It really wouldn't be his terms though. He's made it clear the Steelers offer wasn't sufficient and then he signs the same deal with the Jets?

He'd just be playing on the Jets terms instead of the Steelers and he's still out $15 million.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

49ers LB Kwon Alexander's four-year, $54 million contract contains just $14.25 million guaranteed. OverTheCap.com has the numbers, and Alexander gets a $4 million signing bonus, $8.5 million first-year roster bonus, and $1.75 million base salary for 2019, accounting for the full allotment of guaranteed money on the deal. If Alexander doesn't rebound from his torn ACL, the Niners can easily escape the contract in 2020. In hindsight, it's not that bad of a deal for the team.

SOURCE: OverTheCap.com 13 Mar 2019, 10:13

Kevin

Pro Bowler
Got my eye on Shaq Barrett/cheap???Justin Houston (even though we signed Fowler), Ryan Groy/cheap??? TJ Lang, and the Anderson brothers (CJ and Henry).
TJ Lang is considering retirement.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
That a pretty good deal - a 2020 2nd? KC get no benefit this year apart from salary cap relief. I'd be ticked if I was a KC fan

Maybe they prefer the talent in the 2020 draft.

Ramrocket

Hating 49ers and Seahawks from afar
Name
Rod
Maybe they prefer the talent in the 2020 draft.

Maybe, but standard draft value suggests that a future year pick equates to a round less in the current year. For example, a 2nd next year equates to a 3rd this year. Dee Ford for a 3rd this year? That's a steal for the Whiners.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Maybe, but standard draft value suggests that a future year pick equates to a round less in the current year. For example, a 2nd next year equates to a 3rd this year. Dee Ford for a 3rd this year? That's a steal for the Whiners.

Yeah, I've never bought that valuation.

Ram_Rally

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
It really wouldn't be his terms though. He's made it clear the Steelers offer wasn't sufficient and then he signs the same deal with the Jets?

He'd just be playing on the Jets terms instead of the Steelers and he's still out $15 million.
But he didn't play under the tag which is a bs tactic to hold players . He gambled and he lost but at least he wasn't forced to play for less than he agreed to

Ramrocket

Hating 49ers and Seahawks from afar
Name
Rod
I'm sure it applies better in some situations than others but it seems to be the 'rule of thumb' for as long as I can recall. In any case, I think the whiners got the better end of that deal, contract pending of course.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
KC just throwing ever egg in the Mahomies basket and saying they won't play any defense at all it seems.

1maGoh

Hall of Fame
Right? Because next year you still have a second, and this year you still have nothing. I don't get how someone comes to the conclusion that a 2 never test is a 3 this year. It can't be used like that. It doesn't make sense.

bubbaramfan

Legend
Camp Reporter
Rams better think about strengthening the OL, with Saffold gone and Whitworth at 38 and two new starters with just a few snaps in real games. Add to that a bench that is a huge drop off of talent and experience of Murphy, Darrell Wiiliams, Neary and Demby. One or two injuries and the Rams OL in is huge trouble. Groy would be big insurance at G or C.