Free agency thread

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

London_Ram

Rookie
I'm much prefer we resign either Brown or CJ the a free agent that would count against our compensatory picks next year. But, of that list Mike Davis intrigues me.

As of yesterday Davis is joining the Bears.

Would love to pinch Jordan Howard from them however...

Ram65

Legend
Would Rams have any interest in Perry. Relatively cheap edge that can rotated in and could possibly play inside. Just fishing for some pass rush help.

https://thefalconswire.usatoday.com...potential-free-agency-target-edge-nick-perry/

The Atlanta Falcons need some help in the defensive end rotation and with the Packers set to release Nick Perry, he could be a potential solution to their problems. Rob Demovsky of ESPN noted that the Packers are releasing Perry after signing both Preston Smith and Za’Darius Smith to play in his old spot.

Rob Demovsky

✔@RobDemovsky
The Packers have told former first-round pick Nick Perry that he will be released, a source told ESPN.

11:02 AM - Mar 12, 2019

Perry is a unique player in that he tested off the charts at the combine in 2012. He weighed in at 6-foot-3, 271 pounds, running his 40-yard dash in 4.64 seconds with a 1.58 split. He also benched 225 pounds 35 times, hit 4.66 in the short shuttle and 7.25 in the three-cone, and jumped 38.5 inches vertically and 10 feet 4 inches in the broad. He showed that athleticism in Green Bay.

He played primarily outside linebacker for the Packers, but put his hand in the dirt in some nickel situations, allowing them to use him in a variety of roles across from Clay Matthews. At his peak, he had 18 sacks and 30 quarterback hits combined over the 2016 and 2017 seasons. As far as complementary pass rushers go, he was a very good one.

In Atlanta, he would be a base defensive end, likely playing the old strong-side role that Derrick Shelby played. He would instantly upgrade the rotation over Shelby if he returned to form, giving the Falcons a pass rusher they have been missing ever since head coach Dan Quinn came to the team. Rotating in with Takkarist McKinley and Vic Beasley should help him stay healthy, too.

The money on the deal would have to be favorable for the Falcons, though. He’s not entering his prime, but rather exiting it. He also disappeared at times throughout the 2018 season, similar to the way Beasley did for the Falcons. Ideally, the Falcons will sign him, but only to a one-year, $2 million deal that would say to the world, “Prove that last year was a fluke because of injuries.”

payote75

Hall of Fame
Name
Payote75
You could make the case that had Talib and Kupp stayed healthy, we could have gone 16-0 and won the Super Bowl. One of them was out for every loss.

Now, injuries are going to happen, but my overall point is that the Rams were "too good" - meaning we got diminishing returns on defense with all the "stars" we had. For example: does anyone doubt that Joyner and Suh's replacements will be upgrades for the regular season? Postseason Suh is another matter, but Joyner nearly lost us our season on what should have been an easy INT lofted up by Brees.

Couple this with Cooks/Talib/Peters/Fowler all in year 2 and should be better. Goff should be better.

Noteboom was awesome when he got in, so I'm not worried about him. Sullivan was not good at center, so as long as either Allen or Goff pick up the slack with the mental side, that should be an upgrade.

We'll be fine this upcoming year. The following year gets dicey and that's what this draft will be about IMO.

Brockers, Peters, Talib, and Whitworth all expiring - and Weddle's contract is probably more of a one year deal like with Sullivan where we shouldn't expect him back next year.

Goff, JJ and Kupp (and possibly Littleton too I think) will all be due extensions too - we have the space, but that's a lot to re-sign and a lot to replace. So I expect a DL and OL that will groom to take over for Brockers and Whitworth (at G so Noteboom can move to LT), two CBs to develop and hope that we can land a late round guy as a starter, and none of that addresses backup QB, which will probably be drafted this year too. But again, we have the space, and possibly the comp picks next year too, to fill all of this.

@FrantikRam hanks my dude makes me feel a bit better ...from what I saw and definitely no capologist here the Rams have a lot of cap space for 2020 to resign goff and others to solidify a solid foundation for years to come. (Seems like it's planned that way for new stadium and another splash for another run).

With that being said my main concern is the progression of goff and if the o-line doesn't perform well or is even just average I think it will be a long season offensively and more importantly goffs progress. If we lose Saffold I'm very worried not to mention the Gurley questions weak-average line possibility and a running back who may or may not be the same but if the lines gets weaker think about how that also effects Gurley not only the holes but maybe more hits on Gurley.

And now Saffold a Titan for 11 million I mean seriously wtf if he offered the discount the Rams didn't view him as a 9.5-10 million dollar player?????

I'm Reeling again lolol

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
There's a few viable options on this list if our preferred RB, Cj, doesn't come back.

Ajayi
Alfred blue
Tevin coleman
Doug Martin
Mike Davis
Powell
Yeldon
Spencer ware
Even marshaun lynch Adrian Peterson and Blount

I like Spencer Ware a lot.

dang

Legend
Got my eye on Shaq Barrett/cheap???Justin Houston (even though we signed Fowler), Ryan Groy/cheap??? TJ Lang, and the Anderson brothers (CJ and Henry).

Adi

Pro Bowler
Name
Adi
Saved money on suh Barron and Joyner.

Go get Brandon Marshall the linebacker!

Psycho_X

Legend
They are saying Leveon Bells best contract offer is the one the Steelers offered him last offseason. Ouch. Jets will pull their offer if he doesn’t choose before end of day while he waffles choices. That dude left $15 million for nothing. All though the guarantees the Steelers offered him was a joke.

SeminoleRam

Pro Bowler
Name
PaceRam
I am guessing the Rams big transactions (Fowler and Weddle) were already made but with the loss of Saffold, Joiner, Suh (Probably!), etc can we expect some kind of moves by the Rams tomorrow or do you think the Rams will play the wait and see game to see if they can make some bargain deals?

Ram_Rally

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
They are saying Leveon Bells best contract offer is the one the Steelers offered him last offseason. Ouch. Jets will pull their offer if he doesn’t choose before end of day while he waffles choices. That dude left $15 million for nothing. All though the guarantees the Steelers offered him was a joke.
I don't think it was for nothing . If the deal he wants doesn't materialize then so be it. But at least he gets to play on his term .Franchise tag is bs .