Free agency thread

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Yep, Suh is gone too most likely....oh boy.

payote75

Hall of Fame
Name
Payote75
This is what I meant about my post team looks like it won't be improved barring some major bargains or rooks stepping up huge . But my biggest concern remains the offensive line if it does not provide holes for gurley if he even healthy and them goff under pressure ..YIKES!!!!!!!

On a different note a trade for Zach Brown for like a 7 the rounder would be great
Nick Perry at a very reasonable rate would be nice
And mostly dream but everson Griffin son our line wow!!!!!
Then spend our draft on offensive lineman and corners

Akrasian

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Yep, Suh is gone too most likely....oh boy.

I never expected him to resign with the Rams. They signed him last offseason substantially because he was cut after most of the big spenders were short of cap space, so he went with a team to show himself off for a year.

Hopefully he gets a ginormous contract, and the Rams can get a 3rd round comp pick for him.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I never expected him to resign with the Rams. They signed him last offseason substantially because he was cut after most of the big spenders were short of cap space, so he went with a team to show himself off for a year.

Hopefully he gets a ginormous contract, and the Rams can get a 3rd round comp pick for him.
My memory is that the Saints offered him more, and he never made it to Oakland because of the Rams offer. The narrative was that he wanted a ring instead of the money.

Akrasian

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
My memory is that the Saints offered him more, and he never made it to Oakland because of the Rams offer. The narrative was that he wanted a ring instead of the money.

Yeah, Saints offered him more - but not that much more. They were contenders too, but playing on the Rams' line was going to show him off better for a future contract.

Oakland was likely to be a disaster, so not a good option if he was looking towards one last big multi-year contract.

Again, that was my impression at the time. In any case, I expected him to go for a huge final contract this offseason. Hope he gets it.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I understand that we have to be cap conscious, but all this penny pinching, especially after last year, is hard to watch.
Yep....I'm starting to feel like we live in Buffalo, cap wise...

FrantikRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
This is what I meant about my post team looks like it won't be improved barring some major bargains or rooks stepping up huge . But my biggest concern remains the offensive line if it does not provide holes for gurley if he even healthy and them goff under pressure ..YIKES!!!!!!!

On a different note a trade for Zach Brown for like a 7 the rounder would be great
Nick Perry at a very reasonable rate would be nice
And mostly dream but everson Griffin son our line wow!!!!!
Then spend our draft on offensive lineman and corners

You could make the case that had Talib and Kupp stayed healthy, we could have gone 16-0 and won the Super Bowl. One of them was out for every loss.

Now, injuries are going to happen, but my overall point is that the Rams were "too good" - meaning we got diminishing returns on defense with all the "stars" we had. For example: does anyone doubt that Joyner and Suh's replacements will be upgrades for the regular season? Postseason Suh is another matter, but Joyner nearly lost us our season on what should have been an easy INT lofted up by Brees.

Couple this with Cooks/Talib/Peters/Fowler all in year 2 and should be better. Goff should be better.

Noteboom was awesome when he got in, so I'm not worried about him. Sullivan was not good at center, so as long as either Allen or Goff pick up the slack with the mental side, that should be an upgrade.

We'll be fine this upcoming year. The following year gets dicey and that's what this draft will be about IMO.

Brockers, Peters, Talib, and Whitworth all expiring - and Weddle's contract is probably more of a one year deal like with Sullivan where we shouldn't expect him back next year.

Goff, JJ and Kupp (and possibly Littleton too I think) will all be due extensions too - we have the space, but that's a lot to re-sign and a lot to replace. So I expect a DL and OL that will groom to take over for Brockers and Whitworth (at G so Noteboom can move to LT), two CBs to develop and hope that we can land a late round guy as a starter, and none of that addresses backup QB, which will probably be drafted this year too. But again, we have the space, and possibly the comp picks next year too, to fill all of this.

wolfdogg

Hall of Fame
Name
wolfdogg
There's a few viable options on this list if our preferred RB, Cj, doesn't come back.

Ajayi
Alfred blue
Tevin coleman
Doug Martin
Mike Davis
Powell
Yeldon
Spencer ware
Even marshaun lynch Adrian Peterson and Blount

Flatlyner

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Survivor Champion
I'm much prefer we resign either Brown or CJ the a free agent that would count against our compensatory picks next year. But, of that list Mike Davis intrigues me.

Merlin

Damn the torpedoes
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
There's a few viable options on this list if our preferred RB, Cj, doesn't come back.

Ajayi
Alfred blue
Tevin coleman
Doug Martin
Mike Davis
Powell
Yeldon
Spencer ware
Even marshaun lynch Adrian Peterson and Blount

I really prefer CJ due to his feel for the ZBS. Dude really fits with us. But yeah you can't get all crazy with a backup when TG is making the big dough.

IMO the Rams will be a very desired location for a backup RB though. Because whoever it is, he's going to know he gets dedicated snaps and play time.