Free agency thread

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Ram_Rally

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
We were close though. Without resigning Dante, our losses on D would be Barron, Suh, Joyner and Fowler. Same positions. I see your point though.
Same amount of players but far different quality haha . I'd take Smith and Mosely alone over Suh, Joyner, Barron, and probably even Fowler .

Ram_Rally

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Have we been in any rumors? We have been very tight lipped....

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
He played DE more than nose.

He didn't have a run stuffing NT next to him last year when he played better. I don't remember him at NT very often - I remember Suh at DE but in lots of those cases we had four down linemen which would have had Brockers at his natural DT position.
In 2017 I seem to recall Walker/Westbrooks/Smart in more of a stay at home DT/NT, with Brockers staying inside like a 4-3 DT with Quinn on his flank. Could be just my imagination though.
Seemed to me that Brock was just exposed in a 3 man rush this season

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
In 2017 I seem to recall Walker/Westbrooks/Smart in more of a stay at home DT/NT, with Brockers staying inside like a 4-3 DT with Quinn on his flank. Could be just my imagination though.
Seemed to me that Brock was just exposed in a 3 man rush this season

You're correct. Westbrooks started most of the year at NT. Brockers played 5T and was much better there.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
Have we been in any rumors? We have been very tight lipped....
I think that the Rams Organization from this point on is like a lone young powerful Jaguar in the deep jungle. Lurking unseen cloaked unheard waiting to ponce & strike on the most unexpected time as the desired item goes by.

Precisely & strategically sizing up the all unexpecting FA's preferring SFA's to UFA's who will provide solid protein, but not give it long term indigestion or cause internal damaging injuries as they digest them into its system. It will not expose itself to all this mayhem, confusion & danger in exserting wasting vast quantities of its valuable assets. Preferring to remaining high above the chaos taking no chances in order to prevent harm to itself. With its main goal & objective to remain the beautiful powerful ruling preditor for as long of a period of time it has. :sneaky::cheers:

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
Was just about to post that. Turner was about league average last year. Have a feeling someone going to godfather Saffold at 14-15/yr. We shouldn't match that.
The current OL pool of available OL'ers are not as pretty as years past, The overall strength of OL FA's is below average IMO.
https://overthecap.com/free-agency/

Saffold brings so much of what is desired from so many teams at this point. I would imagine that Saffold & his agent are overloaded & cross-eyed :seizure::yay::yess::rolllaugh::santa::wow:with vast $$$$$ offers with unbelievable amount totals attached.

If you think I am wrong ....lets play .....give me a UFA OL'er who brings more to the table than Saffold at this moment in time? .......

Last edited:

ReekofRams

Hall of Fame
Name
Reek
I think that the Rams Organization from this point on is like a lone young powerful Jaguar in the deep jungle. Lurking unseen cloaked unheard waiting to ponce & strike on the most unexpected time as the desired item goes by.

Precisely & strategically sizing up the all unexpecting FA's preferring SFA's to UFA's who will provide solid protein, but not give it long term indigestion or cause internal damaging injuries as they digest them into its system. It will not expose itself to all this mayhem, confusion & danger in exserting wasting vast quantities of its valuable assets. Preferring to remaining high above the chaos taking no chances in order to prevent harm to itself. With its main goal & objective to remain the beautiful powerful ruling preditor for as long of a period of time it has. :sneaky::cheers:
So @BonifayRam are you saying that the Ram organization is like a Jaguar worrying about getting indigestion, and is a real scaredy-cat.:eek::LOL::ROFLMAO::rolllaugh:

FaulkSF

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
FaulkSF
@BonifayRam don't disagree with you, but spending 10% of your payroll for 51 players on a very good guard who gets dinged up doesn't sound like a winning formula.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
So @BonifayRam are you saying that the Ram organization is like a Jaguar worrying about getting indigestion, and is a real scaredy-cat.:eek::LOL::ROFLMAO::rolllaugh:
Some of those just signed UFA's have some oozing oven sores & vast skin rashes on them that's been overlooked by that blind GM & team doctors. :LOL:

Oh by the way that hit of Lysergic acid diethylamide, must be running through my one old worn out working brain cell pretty hard @ the moment while I was listening to a fabulous rendition of an old John Lennon song by singer Bilal ......what did I just say?:giggle:

Last edited: