Free agency thread

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I saw around $10 million per year ($10.25 million per year to be precise).

With the contracts being handed out this year, it's more likely we get fourths for Suh and Joyner.
Yeah that's likely a 4th round comp pick.

Merlin

Damn the torpedoes
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
This is such a whiners move. Sign a injury riddled player for a ton of money. It will back fire like usual. I hope they keep Shannahan for 10 years.

I knew the whiners have been all over the ILB and DE positions for their purported "wide 9" scheme change. But damn. I mean they found a young kid in the draft last year that way outplayed his spot at ILB. Then they go back to the same old sorry @$$ 9ers offseason. And you know I love it. :D

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
If you remember, he originally was playing in the middle at that NT position in 2017 and was not playing well at all,

We moved him to DE opposite Donald and he shined - he played the same position this year and was mostly invisible. Maybe that was due to some weight loss, but he played the same position that he shined at during the 2017 season.

He played nose tackle a lot this year. The Rams felt Suh was the superior pass rusher and wanted him as a 3/4 DE opposite Donald. It suited Suh better, but didn't fit Brockers. Eventually they were moved around a lot, without any of them in a set position. Brockers was better at right DE and would play better with a run stuffing Nose Tackle in the middle IMO.

Last edited:

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I knew the whiners have been all over the ILB and DE positions for their purported "wide 9" scheme change. But damn. I mean they found a young kid in the draft last year that way outplayed his spot at ILB. Then they go back to the same old sorry @$$ 9ers offseason. And you know I love it. :D

Did they get a new DC? Or just changing schemes?

Last edited:

Akrasian

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Extending Hav last year is looking better and better..these average RT are getting major money

Yeah, last year some premium positions had a huge jump in pay - as expected other positions caught up a bit so far this year.

FrantikRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
He played nose tackle a lot this year. The Rams felt Suh was the superior pass rusher and wanted him as a 3/4 DE opposite Donald. It suited Suh better, but didn't fit Brockers. Eventually they were moved around a lot, without any of them in a set position. Brockers was better at right DE and would play better with a run stuffing Nose Tackle in the middle IMO.

He played DE more than nose.

He didn't have a run stuffing NT next to him last year when he played better. I don't remember him at NT very often - I remember Suh at DE but in lots of those cases we had four down linemen which would have had Brockers at his natural DT position.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
PFF has this guy ranked as a top 5 RT. Yet I’ve never heard of him.

that just probably means he was doing his job without making any splash blocks. that's the only way a lineman gets any airtime.