Free agency thread

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

wolfdogg

Hall of Fame
Name
wolfdogg
How is Reed even a possibility? Doesn't he have a bunch of years on his existing contract? I could be thinking of someone else...

3 years I believe but there is speculation he may be a cap casualty or trade bait. I'd give a late or maybe even a 4th round pick for him. He'd add a new dimension to this offense.

Rams43

Hall of Fame
I still see the edge opposite Fowler as our biggest need, so I wouldn’t be at all surprised to see our 31st go for either edge or DL, depending on who falls and the other position being our first 3rd rounder.

It’s almost too obvious since need and value in this draft will intersect.

For the record, I’m a big Myers fan and am hopeful for Obo’s future. Ebu? Not so much. But none of the 3 have proven themselves to be capable starters as yet, and capable starters are the absolute minimum that we need for our SB repeat season.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Who was the last free agent the Niners signed and got any value for?

T-REX

"King of the tyrant lizards"
Rams On Demand Sponsor
danielsnyder.jpg

ScotsRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Niall
I thought we had overpaid for Weddle and Fowler (although i like both players a lot) but compared to the cash being thrown around today we got steals! Those Brown and Collins deals in particular are absolutely ludicrous.

FaulkSF

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
FaulkSF

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
https://www.turfshowtimes.com/2019/...release-trade-free-agency-roster-transactions
Rams wont trade or release DT Michael Brockers
Looks like the long-time Ram will remain, unless something drastic happens.
By Sosa Kremenjas/Mar 11, 2019, 1:15pm CDT

According to Vinny Bonsignore of The Athletic LA, the Los Angeles Rams have no plans to release or trade DT Michael Brockers:

Just an FYI on #Rams DL Michael Brockers: I've been told pretty emphatically there are no plans to release or trade him.

— Vincent Bonsignore (@VinnyBonsignore) March 11, 2019
Brockers has been a player many have discussed as someone that could potentially be traded/cut/restructured/extended as his cap hit is $11m with only a $750k penalty had the Rams decided to move on. Obviously the price is steep, especially for a player who didn’t have his best season in 2018. The potential saving grace for Brockers is that fellow defensive lineman Ndamukong Suh is likely to walk in free agency. Vacating the nose tackle spot, Brockers could potentially make the move back inside as he played four games at NT in 2017.

Brockers had 54 tackles, one sack, four tackles-for-loss, and four quarterback hits in 2018, though his presence in the locker room cannot be understated. Brock is currently the second longest tenured Ram on the roster (will be longest-tenured if LG Rodger Saffold departs) as he’s played seven seasons with the team.

A restructure isn’t out of the realm of possibility, but it looks unlikely at this point.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
So who is Washington cutting? They would go negative on the cap with this signing. Maybe Brown?
Depends on how it’s structured but I see the,pm with $13 million before signing. I’ve also seen they’re shopping some linebackers including Brown.