Free agency thread

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

bubbaramfan

Legend
Camp Reporter
While I agree Suh cruised through the regular season and should have had better #'s, he really didn't cost the Rams any games, and he did bring his A game to the playoffs.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
The legal pre free agency negotiating period has started.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Wow Trent Brown the highest paid Olineman in the league.

FrantikRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
He had a down year. It happens. I hope he retires with us.

I think that money could be better spent elsewhere.

JFM could give us what Brockers did last year and we'd have $10 million to spend elsewhere.

Akrasian

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
He had a down year. It happens. I hope he retires with us.

They moved him and apparently asked him to lose weight. He did, and lost productivity. Have him regain weight and get back in the middle, and he should be better. Hard for team morale to cut one of the longest tenured Rams for doing as he was asked.

FrantikRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
They moved him and apparently asked him to lose weight. He did, and lost productivity. Have him regain weight and get back in the middle, and he should be better. Hard for team morale to cut one of the longest tenured Rams for doing as he was asked.

If you remember, he originally was playing in the middle at that NT position in 2017 and was not playing well at all,

We moved him to DE opposite Donald and he shined - he played the same position this year and was mostly invisible. Maybe that was due to some weight loss, but he played the same position that he shined at during the 2017 season.

Akrasian

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
If you remember, he originally was playing in the middle at that NT position in 2017 and was not playing well at all,

We moved him to DE opposite Donald and he shined - he played the same position this year and was mostly invisible. Maybe that was due to some weight loss, but he played the same position that he shined at during the 2017 season.

My impression was that he was moved to DE more because the players they had there were doing virtually nothing, so he moved there because they had better backups for NT - not because he wasn't handling NT.

wolfdogg

Hall of Fame
Name
wolfdogg
I think the question is can they get a DT that would be an upgrade over brockers at DT for around 10 mil. If not, move brockers to the middle and start Meyers at end. If they can get a DT comparable to brockers for maybe5 to 7 mil, then maybe do that and start Meyers.

The fact they are serious about keeping him while probably thinking suh is gone may mean they want to move brockers inside.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
I think the question is can they get a DT that would be an upgrade over brockers at DT for around 10 mil. If not, move brockers to the middle and start Meyers at end. If they can get a DT comparable to brockers for maybe5 to 7 mil, then maybe do that and start Meyers.

The fact they are serious about keeping him while probably thinking suh is gone may mean they want to move brockers inside.

Wouldn't surprise me at all if they are having Brockers bulk up with the idea of having JFM take his outside spot and Brockers moving back inside.

Also, as AD acknowledged, part of why AD got those sacks is that they were really freelancing to get to the QB and weren't maintaining scheme discipline. They did down the stretch which is why AD didn't get a ton of sacks, but the run D became several times better.

Honestly, with Fowler and Ebukam growing and Obo having a year in the system, I actually think our outside pass rush will be better than last year. I also really like JFM and I think we're done adding to the DL unless someone super unexpected is released late to make room for a FA signing.

If they get CJ back and resign Malcolm Brown, our RB depth is beyond set which leaves us looking at OL, CB, ILB, NT and WR

I think the Weddle signing is HUGE.

Rams43

Hall of Fame
I fully understand where you are at on this.

For me I have already moved on from Suh, Saffold & LJ. (I should not really include LJ with the other two because I had moved on from LJ back in October). I do not see any of them as a Ram in our future. The loss of Saffold going to cause the Rams Org. some serious time & effort to overcome but they will.

I’m still clinging to hopes for extending Saffold, Bonifay.

Although they seem to be fading. Lol.

But yeah, I’ve mentally erased both Suh and Joyner for quite some time.

Mackeyser

Name
Mack
Yeah, it looks like unless something happens, Saffold will stay.

wolfdogg

Hall of Fame
Name
wolfdogg
Wouldn't surprise me at all if they are having Brockers bulk up with the idea of having JFM take his outside spot and Brockers moving back inside.

Also, as AD acknowledged, part of why AD got those sacks is that they were really freelancing to get to the QB and weren't maintaining scheme discipline. They did down the stretch which is why AD didn't get a ton of sacks, but the run D became several times better.

Honestly, with Fowler and Ebukam growing and Obo having a year in the system, I actually think our outside pass rush will be better than last year. I also really like JFM and I think we're done adding to the DL unless someone super unexpected is released late to make room for a FA signing.

If they get CJ back and resign Malcolm Brown, our RB depth is beyond set which leaves us looking at OL, CB, ILB, NT and WR

I think the Weddle signing is HUGE.

If they sign cj I think they'll pass on Brown's added expense and roll with kelley. If cj attracts too much money there are probably 10 quality FA RB's that can be had for less. Id be ok with letting Saffold go as long as we could add cj and Jordan reed and that noteboom would play guard this year.

Mackeyser

Name
Mack
If they sign cj I think they'll pass on Brown's added expense and roll with kelley. If cj attracts too much money there are probably 10 quality FA RB's that can be had for less. Id be ok with letting Saffold go as long as we could add cj and Jordan reed and that noteboom would play guard this year.

How is Reed even a possibility? Doesn't he have a bunch of years on his existing contract? I could be thinking of someone else...