Free agency thread

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Merlin

Damn the torpedoes
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Isn’t Reed under contract with the Skins for 3 more years?

Yes. But that $28M or whatever they owe him over the next few years has to be chafing. Hard to think he won't be available.

Merlin

Damn the torpedoes
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Well now that safety's off the table for the Rams, what will be their position of focus on day one of FA?

I'm guessing ILB. I don't think they'll chase a pricey option (do think it's possible just unlikely), but they're going to be active at the position.

Second of course would be OL, where the under the radar types will be the focus. Can't imagine them paying big money to anyone other than Saff.

Third would be DL (particularly NT). Don't see big money here either, just a look for fits on a budget which might happen given the quality of this draft class.

Akrasian

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Well now that safety's off the table for the Rams, what will be their position of focus on day one of FA?

I'm guessing ILB. I don't think they'll chase a pricey option (do think it's possible just unlikely), but they're going to be active at the position.

Second of course would be OL, where the under the radar types will be the focus. Can't imagine them paying big money to anyone other than Saff.

Third would be DL (particularly NT). Don't see big money here either, just a look for fits on a budget which might happen given the quality of this draft class.

Fourth would be edge rusher. I would expect them to get either DL or edge rusher, with the other position being the target of the first rounder in the draft.

Merlin

Damn the torpedoes
Rams On Demand Sponsor
With edge I'm thinking they'll go balls out in the draft. Teams just go effin nuts on rushers in FA. But yeah it wouldn't surprise me to see them bring in a depth type then draft on top of it. It's a huge need, but what we need so badly is a consistent blindside rush and that's really hard to find in FA.

I mean look at Clowney... I would have been concerned with the Rams chasing or signing him but he's not even gonna sniff the market.

dang

Legend
Let's play Spend the Cap:

$30M - Current Cap (after signing of Weddle)
+$4M - restructure Brockers
$34M - New Cap

-$9.0M - Roger Saffold
-$6.5M - Shaquill Barrett/OLB FA
-$3.5M - Littleton (RFA 2nd rd tender)
-$5.5M - Draft Picks
-$3.5M - CJ Anderson (or equivalent FA RB)
-$2.5M - FA QB
-$1.0M - Sam Shields
-$1.5M - Ryan Groy/OC-OG FA
-$33.0M - Total Cap Spend

Ram65

Legend
Let's play Spend the Cap:

$30M - Current Cap (after signing of Weddle)
+$4M - restructure Brockers
$34M - New Cap

-$9.0M - Roger Saffold
-$6.5M - Shaquill Barrett/OLB FA
-$3.5M - Littleton (RFA 2nd rd tender)
-$5.5M - Draft Picks
-$3.5M - CJ Anderson (or equivalent FA RB)
-$2.5M - FA QB
-$1.0M - Sam Shields
-$1.5M - Ryan Groy/OC-OG FA
-$33.0M - Total Cap Spend

Draft pool counted here but not Weddle's contract.
https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/los-angeles-rams/cap/
upload_2019-3-10_18-31-24.png

Doesn't seem like they will restructure Brockers.
Saffold may or may not be resigned.
Not sure about CJ Anderson
Barrett or Houston?
Others look good

They could use a DT/NT before the draft or an ILBer.

Got save money for the in season moves. I think 2-4 million.

ReekofRams

Hall of Fame
Name
Reek
So what time tomorrow does legal tampering begin? Asking for a friend, but a swell guy.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
I don’t see Bryce Hager starting. Kiser will get first look.
You are probably right, at least they are both valuable ST players, I guess my bigger point was to get a more natural MLB, and free Littleton up a little more, to make plays. I'd be OK to draft a stud there too, BTW.

The whole Fowler, and Weddle thing, kind of frees up who we had to draft, so I am really guessing now.

wild ram

Rookie
Name
Erick
You are probably right, at least they are both valuable ST players, I guess my bigger point was to get a more natural MLB, and free Littleton up a little more, to make plays. I'd be OK to draft a stud there too, BTW.

The whole Fowler, and Weddle thing, kind of frees up who we had to draft, so I am really guessing now.

At this point the next couple weeks will be exciting. Setting up a better picture of needs come draft day.

Backup QB will be interesting to me on the direction McVay might want to go ??Who knows ?? Maybe Mannion comeback ??

I like M. Kiser !! His production at MLB for Virginia was awesome. He reminds me of a
Ray Lewis type of MLB. Will get a better idea on once the offseason gets here.
I can see Littleton playing more of a Barron type wsl. I like the way he and Hager go after in practice pairing up with each other.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
Last edited:

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
Right now I all in for Suh to sign another mega $$$$ deal maybe more than he got here in LA.......its all good for us. I would also desire to see Saffold the highest paid OG in the NFL.

If we are going to lose them, yeah I’d like 3rd round compensatory picks for each. But I’d rather have both players back in horns under team friendly deals, myself.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
If we are going to lose them, yeah I’d like 3rd round compensatory picks for each. But I’d rather have both players back in horns under team friendly deals, myself.
I fully understand where you are at on this.

For me I have already moved on from Suh, Saffold & LJ. (I should not really include LJ with the other two because I had moved on from LJ back in October). I do not see any of them as a Ram in our future. The loss of Saffold going to cause the Rams Org. some serious time & effort to overcome but they will.