Free agency thread

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

SeminoleRam

Pro Bowler
Name
PaceRam
Now that the Rams have signed S Eric Weddle and released LB Mark Barron and declined Center John Sullivan’s option what do you think will be the Rams next move?

ramfan46

Pro Bowler
I think they go after a veteran OLB. I think that position gets reshaped this off season.

NERamsFan

Pro Bowler
If I’m the Rams, I’m contacting Malik Jackon’s people. Maybe a three year/$21m deal $16m guaranteed?

May allow us to release Brock at his inflated cap number, plus he’s a MUCH much better pass rusher. Oh and btw he knows our d’s scheme from days with Wade in Denver! Plus he does not count against comp picks, need I say more?!

dang

Legend
Joyner is gone. Suh is going to price himself out of the Rams. So I believe the next move is to align the $30m cap with the Rams Plan A choices and see if they accept. Hypothetical disbursement:

$8m - Saffold
$8m - Fowler
$4.5m - Littleton
$4.5m - ILB FA
$5m - Draft Picks

Akrasian

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Joyner is gone. Suh is going to price himself out of the Rams. So I believe the next move is to align the $30m cap with the Rams Plan A choices and see if they accept. Hypothetical disbursement:

$8m - Saffold
$8m - Fowler
$4.5m - Littleton
$4.5m - ILB FA
$5m - Draft Picks

Littleton's tender (1st round) would be just over $4.4 million. A 2nd round tender would be $3.1 million. I suspect they would be ecstatic to take a first for him, they likely will offer him a 2nd round tender and be prepare to match all but an outrageous offer. But yes, I'd like to see the budget work this way

dang

Legend

$8m - Saffold
$8m - Fowler
$4.5m - Littleton
$4.5m - ILB FA
$5m - Draft Picks

If Saffold doesn't work out then use that $8m to replace Suh with a FA DT and add an inexpensive vet OL.
If Fowler doesn't work out then use that $8m to pursue the best Plan B FA Option at EDGE.

Checkmate

Ram HOF'er
Name
Shaun

$8m - Saffold
$8m - Fowler
$4.5m - Littleton
$4.5m - ILB FA
$5m - Draft Picks

I think saffold is more closer to 10 million he is clearly the top guard on the market and there is no way Fowler goes for only 8 million. And since that is the case then i say buh bye to him this offseason.

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
Now that the Rams have signed S Eric Weddle and released LB Mark Barron and declined Center John Sullivan’s option what do you think will be the Rams next move?

Offensive line seems like the glaring need at this point. Ryan Groy has been a popular theory on this forum - for good reason.

dang

Legend
I think saffold is more closer to 10 million he is clearly the top guard on the market and there is no way Fowler goes for only 8 million. And since that is the case then i say buh bye to him this offseason.
I tend to agree so there is probably no scenario that has the Rams getting both Saffold and Fowler unless the release another player like Brockers.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
I'm guessing Rams next move will be for a vet LB.
usatsi_8931619.jpg