Free agency thread

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
I agree with most also. I would like to to see Morgan Fox in this defense. I think we could let Brown go, especially if we sign C.J. let us look at our younger guys. I wouldn't mind seeing Bryce Hagar move to the middle, and let Littleton move around a bit.

Great job of analysis.

wolfdogg

Hall of Fame
Name
wolfdogg
This will be foles in 1 or 2 years. Given away at a drastically reduced contract.

Stl2La

Hall of Fame
I’d take Malik. Think he offers more as a pass rusher than any other DL we have besides AD. He’s played for Wade before too.

Ram65

Legend

I just read Vernon picked upped his game (Maybe top 100) after early injury..IIRC. Giants overpaid for him. Looks like no cap hit and save 15.25 Million for two years minus Zeitler money 10 Million and 12 million

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/cleveland-browns/olivier-vernon-9882/

upload_2019-3-8_12-45-27.png

upload_2019-3-8_12-48-57.png

Ram65

Legend
https://www.profootballfocus.com/ne...-his-floor-as-a-pass-rusher-is-still-valuable

Down year leads to Malik Jackson’s release, but his floor as a pass-rusher is still valuable
BY AUSTIN GAYLE • MAR 8, 2019
USATSI_11491325_168384674_lowres.jpg

Malik Jackson’s two best seasons of his career (2014-15) came in the final two years of his rookie contract with the Denver Broncos. His 81.2 and 78.8 overall grades in 2015 and 2016, respectively, landed him a six-year, $85 million contract with the Jacksonville Jaguars.

Three seasons into the mega-deal, Jackson has been released.

Though he still produced 70.1-plus pass-rush grades in all three seasons of his Jacksonville tenure, Jackson and his 171 total pressures weren’t enough to keep Jacksonville’s brass from pulling the plug with two years remaining on the deal. Per ESPN’s Josina Anderson, Jackson “has been informed he will be released as early as today.”

Malik-Jackson.png

Jackson, who celebrated his 29th birthday in January, shouldn’t be without a job for long. The 6-foot-5, 290-pound defensive interior earned a career-low 64.4 overall grade in 2018 largely because of a drop-off in run defense, but his value is in the passing game. He has earned a 69.9 pass-rush grade in each of the past five seasons and recorded two or more pressures in each of the Jags’ final seven games of the year in 2018.

Durability and high-floor pass-rush ability is sought after but rarely found in the NFL. Playing over 400 pass-rush snaps in each of the past six seasons and looking good doing it, Jackson brings has what every team is looking for right now.

Wonder about his cost would be. Rams have to consider him.

Kevin

Pro Bowler
I like it more for the Giants than the Browns - still, while I don’t think Vernon should be getting fitted for a gold jacket, he is a player.
Move Brockers back inside and put Jackson on the end opposite Donald.

wild ram

Rookie
Name
Erick
I agree with most also. I would like to to see Morgan Fox in this defense. I think we could let Brown go, especially if we sign C.J. let us look at our younger guys. I wouldn't mind seeing Bryce Hagar move to the middle, and let Littleton move around a bit.

Great job of analysis.

I don’t see Bryce Hager starting. Kiser will get first look.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon

Great job of analysis.
I can see the young 4 yr veteran MLB Bryce Hager getting a new Ram contract. Hager can call the defensive calls as well as Littleton maybe better. Hager is one tough LB'er who has always be ready to play for four seasons. Hager is extremely valuable to ST Coach Bones. Having both Hager & Kiser here as MLB'ers going into the draft is a good ideal. Both Hager & Kiser @ this time appear to be just 2 down MLB'ers. Wade has used Nickle Corners(NRC) & Safeties (Christian) in place of an ILB'er @ a high rate in passing situations while Littleton remains the 3 down ILB'er on the field on passing downs.

I also see ERFA DL Morgan Fox returning to the Rams but he will return back to the 5 tech DE post behind starter John Franklin-Myers. RB Malcolm Brown will be a bit expensive as a backup RB (over 3 million). RB CJ Anderson who is a perfect fit for our OC Kromer's ZBS & will not cost much more than Brown.