Free agency thread

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

wild ram

Rookie
Name
Erick
I like the way Les Snead works the phone & makes things happen!! The Rams traded & earned comp picks all while building depth.

CB position is Pleasants baby. He will have the guys ready.
Problem with Houston is that after his big sack season he got paid and since that time he's been a good all around edge but not special on the rush. He'd be an upgrade but how much of one? So personally I hope he's not the guy we pursue. Add a special edge rusher to this defense and we might have an elite unit finally. Houston's not that dude IMO.

Re: Ebu being tried at ILB... The prob is his coverage abilities. But yes it's possible because I think he would fill on run plays very well. But we also have Obo on the depth chart and he's played some off ball in his college tape, although he comes with many of the same issues Ebu has in coverage I'm sure. Either way, both are good young LBs with some range and instincts that should improve year to year.

John Franklin-Meyers Reps are only going to control grow.

Justin Lawler is another name to watch.

OBO - has not even be on the field as a Ram.He was high on the draft board last season.

Akrasian

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
OBO - has not even be on the field as a Ram.He was high on the draft board last season.

How high could he have been, since he was the 5th player the Rams took, and was at pick 160. Kiser they valued enough to trade up for when they felt he was falling. Obo was a guy they let fall to them in the second half of the draft. I'm sure they were pleased he fell to them, but if he were high on their draft board they would have packaged another low pick to move up to get him, to make certain.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Problem with Houston is that after his big sack season he got paid and since that time he's been a good all around edge but not special on the rush. He'd be an upgrade but how much of one? So personally I hope he's not the guy we pursue. Add a special edge rusher to this defense and we might have an elite unit finally. Houston's not that dude IMO.

Re: Ebu being tried at ILB... The prob is his coverage abilities. But yes it's possible because I think he would fill on run plays very well. But we also have Obo on the depth chart and he's played some off ball in his college tape, although he comes with many of the same issues Ebu has in coverage I'm sure. Either way, both are good young LBs with some range and instincts that should improve year to year.

When healthy, Houston is still a top 10 EDGE in the NFL. He's a massive upgrade over what we have. The question with him is durability. Since his 22 sack season (i.e., not counting that season), he's averaging 11 sacks per 16 games. He's also a tremendous run stopper who can drop into coverage effectively. This past year, he posted 11 sacks and 5 FFs in 14 games (counting the playoffs). I have no doubts about Houston on the field. My concern is about his ability to stay healthy.

Doesn’t he bring a comp pick back ?? Basically The Rams rented him for a season?

He upped his value this season. Rumor of Clay ?? Would he be a fit ??

Brockers is a team leader & fits the We not Me. The Rams kepted Barron & franchised Joyner. Makes sense to keep Brockers at a position of need. Draft his replacement.

Unfortunately, Clay Matthews is washed up. Yes, Fowler brings back a comp pick.

Legatron4

Legend
Name
Wes
When healthy, Houston is still a top 10 EDGE in the NFL. He's a massive upgrade over what we have. The question with him is durability. Since his 22 sack season (i.e., not counting that season), he's averaging 11 sacks per 16 games. He's also a tremendous run stopper who can drop into coverage effectively. This past year, he posted 11 sacks and 5 FFs in 14 games (counting the playoffs). I have no doubts about Houston on the field. My concern is about his ability to stay healthy.

Unfortunately, Clay Matthews is washed up. Yes, Fowler brings back a comp pick.
Agreed about Houston. He’s my big offseason move. But if we can’t score him I’d like to explore trading for Clowney.

dang

Legend
Agreed about Houston. He’s my big offseason move. But if we can’t score him I’d like to explore trading for Clowney.
If we cant get Fowler for reasonable price how about trading for Jerry Hughes. His salary would only be about $6.5m this year.

Merlin

Damn the torpedoes
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member

Yeah he's an upgrade, but I don't like the history of production after he got paid. Call it injuries, him being dinged up, whatever, the dude has a way of disappearing in big games too. Don't recall his name being called in the AFC Championship game in fact, although I was beered up pretty damn good. Either way I am hoping we steer clear of him.

But if you're right about us prioritizing signees that won't hurt our compensation look, then it's possible the Rams will make a run at him. We'll see and if it happens I'll even get behind it just like I did with Suh. But hopefully we'll go another direction.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Yeah he's an upgrade, but I don't like the history of production after he got paid. Call it injuries, him being dinged up, whatever, the dude has a way of disappearing in big games too. Don't recall his name being called in the AFC Championship game in fact, although I was beered up pretty damn good. Either way I am hoping we steer clear of him.

But if you're right about us prioritizing signees that won't hurt our compensation look, then it's possible the Rams will make a run at him. We'll see and if it happens I'll even get behind it just like I did with Suh. But hopefully we'll go another direction.

He would be our best edge rusher since Long and Quinn fell off. It would be a massive upgrade. It also kills two birds with one stone (edge rushing and setting the edge in the run game).

dang

Legend
What would you trade for him?
The Bills need a TE having cut their starter Charles Clay so I would start with Higbee and our 5th rounder. If that wasn't enough offering up to our lowest 3rd round pick.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
The Bills need a TE having cut their starter Charles Clay so I would start with Higbee and our 5th rounder. If that wasn't enough offering up to our lowest 3rd round pick.

He's a soon-to-be 31 year old pass rusher entering the final year of his contract. Trading a 3rd for him is a no-go. Trading a 5th and Higbee is a no-go. Trading a 5th or Higbee is arguable.

wild ram

Rookie
Name
Erick
How high could he have been, since he was the 5th player the Rams took, and was at pick 160. Kiser they valued enough to trade up for when they felt he was falling. Obo was a guy they let fall to them in the second half of the draft. I'm sure they were pleased he fell to them, but if he were high on their draft board they would have packaged another low pick to move up to get him, to make certain.

At one point early OTA’s he was a guy The Rams were going to roll with to be a possible starter. Even if he didn’t play last season, he is well ahead of the game this season.
Either way depth & competition will be there.My opinion of him is limited,but if he was a guy in training camp working jut on the side by himself ?? Then could impress a few people??

Ram_Rally

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
At one point early OTA’s he was a guy The Rams were going to roll with to be a possible starter. Even if he didn’t play last season, he is well ahead of the game this season.
Either way depth & competition will be there.My opinion of him is limited,but if he was a guy in training camp working jut on the side by himself ?? Then could impress a few people??
Was he projected as a possible starter? I don't remember that .I remember everyone agreeing that it was a great value pickup though .

Stl2La

Hall of Fame
Donald with a legit edge rusher? Yes please....

The sack record is getting broke by either Donald or the stud they sign to come destroy QBs with him.

Edge rushers should be pushing their agents to join this team. Perfect situation for them. Great scheme, huge need, and the best player in football to take attention away from you.

Jacobarch

Legend
Name
Jake
Donald with a legit edge rusher? Yes please....

The sack record is getting broke by either Donald or the stud they sign to come destroy QBs with him.

Edge rushers should be pushing their agents to join this team. Perfect situation for them. Great scheme, huge need, and the best player in football to take attention away from you.

If we can get Fowler for a reasonable price, get a legit Passrusher and AD on the same line? Ummmmm yes please. I'd love to keep suh but he's not a passrusher nor is he really a fit in a hybrid 3-4 defense.

Stl2La

Hall of Fame
If we can get Fowler for a reasonable price, get a legit Passrusher and AD on the same line? Ummmmm yes please. I'd love to keep suh but he's not a passrusher nor is he really a fit in a hybrid 3-4 defense.

That works too. Especially if coaches feel good about what they saw from Obo in practices. If not I’d spend a little more and go for Houston. Then maybe draft Tillery. Bump Brockers back inside and grab a vet dt as well.

Jacobarch

Legend
Name
Jake
That works too. Especially if coaches feel good about what they saw from Obo in practices. If not I’d spend a little more and go for Houston. Then maybe draft Tillery. Bump Brockers back inside and grab a vet dt as well.

Yeah we need to add some beef inside, Too often Olinement would get to the 2nd level and take out our LB'ers and that's on the guys upfront. I think we'll correct that this offseason whether it's thru the draft or FA.

Stl2La

Hall of Fame
Yeah we need to add some beef inside, Too often Olinement would get to the 2nd level and take out our LB'ers and that's on the guys upfront. I think we'll correct that this offseason whether it's thru the draft or FA.

Littleton taking over Barron’s spot and Kiser/Free agent taking over littleton’s should help our run d next year. Wade doesn’t really like his NT to take up blockers so having a thumper like Kiser will be an upgrade. We’d improve vs the run at both ILB spots.