First Practice News and Reports

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
Thanks for all these Great Tweets and Photos Dr.Ram!!
But they're all starting to really pee pee me Off!!
I was supposed to be their today, with the "THOUSANDS" that Showed up.. BUT..

Sadly I had to spend the Day in the ER with My 3 year Old Grand-Daughter! She poked something in her Ear and was Bleeding from Her Ear!! Scared the Hell out of my Wife and I! We Spent several hours their! And I missed all the Fun. She's OK! Just scratched the inside of the Ear Canal!
From what is being reported here and by Marshall Faulk at the TC "Things are Looking Great!

" I'm Sorry I couldn't file a Report Like I promised I would!"
Quite the scare Dave. Happy she's ok.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
Thanks for all these Great Tweets and Photos Dr.Ram!!
But they're all starting to really pee pee me Off!!
I was supposed to be their today, with the "THOUSANDS" that Showed up.. BUT..

Sadly I had to spend the Day in the ER with My 3 year Old Grand-Daughter! She poked something in her Ear and was Bleeding from Her Ear!! Scared the Hell out of my Wife and I! We Spent several hours their! And I missed all the Fun. She's OK! Just scratched the inside of the Ear Canal!
From what is being reported here and by Marshall Faulk at the TC "Things are Looking Great!

" I'm Sorry I couldn't file a Report Like I promised I would!"
It's OK. Thank God that she is OK!

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
My guess is that because Hav is hurt and they want the young guys to get reps. The starting oline I would like to see is GRob Reynolds Barnes Roger Hav. The coaches might see it differently. The only thing I know it's very early to call starters on the oline. We will see how and who lines up in week one. I just want all the guys to be healthy so we start the 5 best.

That's cool , but Wichmann actually played real well last season. He is better & has more upside than Reynolds.

-- Reynolds is a solid back up at best.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
I heard that Greg Williams was throwing a Lot of different Looks at Goff today! I like that idea!!
I think that is good, but could be bad too, it all depends on the young psyche of Mr. Goff. I think he can handle it. If he shows regression, we should dial it back, just a little, and build that confidence.

hotanez

NRA Member for Life
That's cool , but Wichmann actually played real well last season. He is better & has more upside than Reynolds.

-- Reynolds is a solid back up at best.
Wichmann played ok. He made alot of mistakes out there but his run blocking was above average.

VilleDeal

UDFA
Cody Davis did have the pick btw.....was most likely "still chasing Duke Williams" i guess though...probably ran him right into the ball... fcol

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
It's ok Dave. You were taking care of priorities. Glad she is ok. But just to be sure, I called CPS on your ass. :sneaky:
She's fine! She jumping all over me, wanting to play, as we speak!! "I need protection from HER!! (Actual she turn's 3Years Old Aug 13th!)

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
I think that is good, but could be bad too, it all depends on the young psyche of Mr. Goff. I think he can handle it. If he shows regression, we should dial it back, just a little, and build that confidence.
Your right! I would hate to see his confidence Shaken. BUT If he can take the Pressure we will have a real winner on our hands!!(y);):D:yess:

Roman Snow

H.I.M.
Name
John
She's fine! She jumping all over me, wanting to play, as we speak!! "I need protection from HER!! (Actual she turn's 3Years Old Aug 13th!)
An August baby. Knew I liked that kid. (Though take it easy on grandpa. He's as fragile as Saffold. We need our camp reports!) :LOL::LOL:

rams24/7

Pro Bowler
Name
Nick
@DR RAM @A55VA6 thanks for following my tweets on twitter (if you didn't know I am @ngalarreta on twitter). I wanted to post more, but once 7 on 7 & 11 on 11 started there wasn't enough time to tweet and be fully engaged. My full recap will be coming soon!

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
@DR RAM @A55VA6 thanks for following my tweets on twitter (if you didn't know I am @ngalarreta on twitter). I wanted to post more, but once 7 on 7 & 11 on 11 started there wasn't enough time to tweet and be fully engaged. My full recap will be coming soon!
Great job. Thanks for the tweets.

rams24/7

Pro Bowler
Name
Nick
Just got home (San Diego), ate dinner, & showered from Rams practice. I guess I'll just post tidbits as they come to me...

rams24/7

Pro Bowler
Name
Nick
Day 1 First Team Offense:
QB: Keenum
RB: Gurley
FB: Harkey
WR: Britt/Austin/Cooper (slot)
TE: Kendricks
LT: Robinson
LG: Wichmann
C: Barnes
RG: Brown
RT: Saffold

Day 1 First Team Defense:
RE: Sims
RDT: Donald
LDT: Brockers
LE: Hayes
LB: Ayers/Ogletree
WS: Barron
CB: Johnson/Sensabaugh/Joyner (nickel)
FS: Alexander
SS: McDonald

Last edited:

rams24/7

Pro Bowler
Name
Nick
Day 1 Second Team Offense:
QB: Goff
RB: B. Cunningham
FB: J. Cunningham
WR: Quick/Marquez
TE: Higbee
LT: Williams
LG: Donnal
C: Kush
RG: Reynolds
RT: Battle

Day 1 Second Team Defense:
RE: Longacre
RDT: Westbrooks
LDT: Easley
LE: Coples
WLB: Lynch
MLB: Hager
SLB: Forrest
CB: Roberson/Gaines
S: Davis/Bryant

rams24/7

Pro Bowler
Name
Nick
Of note:

1) Quinn dressed, but had minimal work. I can only remember him getting a handful of snaps with the 2s, although he did have a nice play where he blew by Williams and turned the corner chasing Goff as he rolled to the right.
2) Gaines got a solid amount of work, albeit with the 2s. He split time between outside and nickel with the 2s and played well in both spots.
3) TMac is back, and started at SS.
4) Havenstein was wearing his jersey, but did not participate in any activities. This comes as little surprise to you folk as we all heard he hit the preseason PUP list a few days back. I'm no doctor, but I did see him walking with no visible limp, so I'm optimistic as many are that this is precautionary and Rob should be back before too long.

rams24/7

Pro Bowler
Name
Nick
I know it's only one day but...

STOCK UP:

1) Mike Thomas

Thomas made the only notable play during the Rams short 7 on 7 period (the day was mainly 11 on 11) when he took a short slant from the left side of the field to the right side of the field, turning the corner, and finding the sideline before being pushed out of bounds for a 30+ yard gain. He doesn't have jets, but he isn't slow. He also made a nice grab in WR drills and looked like a man among boys with the 3s.

2) EJ Gaines

Gaines is arguably the most forgotten man on the Rams D. He showed up to play today covering the slot and outside with no notable completions and came up in run support (albeit w/o pads).

3) Mo Alexander

Has no physical limitations to play free, lets just hope he can progress mentally. There weren't many downfield throws, so I don't want to give the impression he's locked up a starting spot or anything. But he didn't do anything to hurt his case today and filled up nicely in run support, giving Todd a nice pop in the hole coming all the way from his safety position.

STOCK DOWN:

1) Temmarick Hemmingway

As I've said its only day 1, but Hemmingway showed today why he fell in the draft. He is a raw project, who if developed has the physical gifts to be a great TE. That's a big IF however (see Fendi Onobun). He had a ball ripped from his hands by a DB in 7 on 7 and had a CB hit him from behind on a short curl, causing him to drop the ball as well. Hemmingway will need to shine on ST, because he doesn't provide much else currently that the Rams lack at TE.

2) Eric Kush

Had 2 bad snaps to Goff in 11 on 11 in the span of a few plays. The first was a shotgun snap that hit Goff in the feet and the second looked like a bad exchange from under center, however it looked like Kush didn't get the ball all the way to Goff.

Fun Tidbit: I loved how after 11 on 11 (practice was over) Goff was seen taking multiple reps with Kush from both under center and in the shotgun to work on perfecting their exchange.