First Practice News and Reports

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Uggghh.... all the quotes of the LA fans who refused to cheer for the team all these years or even wish for them to lose.
Or the ones who have no sympathy for St Louis fans because we "took them".

It just flat out sucks reading that crap.
I hope the majority of fans that are able to show up are a lot cooler than the bandwagon fans they interviewed.
It's still hard swallowing my pride so I can continue to support my team.

look at the source. he probably searched out for those kind of fans and made it sound like they were the majority of fans there.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
They booed Goff? Are these people fucking serious?

One thing I'd like to point out is these complaints that Goff checked down. Go watch the video of Fisher's presser after practice. He stresses that today's focus in passing was the shorter and check down stuff. Quit freaking that Goff only checked down, thats what he was supposed to do!! I happened to watch some of NFLN and their "live camp day" all you saw Eli, ARod and many others doing was the same thing. First couple days of camp they were stressing the easy stuff of short routes and check downs. Calm down everybody and quit calling him captain checkdown :p

Yea. I'm not sure why people make something of this every year. Coaches tend to stress doing certain things every day early in camp. They'll have days where they throw short. Days where they throw long. Days where they work certain packages. People shouldn't try to read the tea leaves there.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
I'd say about half and half maybe 2/3 shotgun and 1/3 under center. There were also a handful of plays run out of the pistol. There were a fair amount of plays with a fullback as well. Still, more vanilla plays with few reads down the field, mostly underneath stuff. I'm sure I'll see a lot more at the scrimmage at the coliseum next Saturday.
Thanks for the reply @rams24/7

That's a lot of shotgun. Isn't it? I'll be interested to keep an eye on that. I'm just wondering if it's part of the process to ween Goff into playing under center or a new system altogether.

Roman Snow

H.I.M.
Name
John
JT, with the damp rag to pee pee and moan and ruin everybody's day.:rolleyes:
I agree. Did you notice his reference to the kid first in line with his buddies as a "gang"? All the cynicism of, "we didn't cheer for them when they went to St. Louis, hoping they would lose and move back to LA." "The crowd booed Goff".

Thanks JT. You got what you came for. Go back home you bitter old woman.:effemine::shooting:

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Im not going to lie, this thread makes me sad... but im still here reading it
I understand. This will be a rough year for you because the newness of the Rams being back in LA wlll draw large crowds and media attention. I am proud of the players that I see interviewed that still give a nod towards St Louis. They have to be excited about their LA reception, however, they in some ways don't have a choice. It's their new home, whether they wanted it to happen, or not.

rams24/7

Pro Bowler
Name
Nick
Thanks for the reply @rams24/7

That's a lot of shotgun. Isn't it? I'll be interested to keep an eye on that. I'm just wondering if it's part of the process to ween Goff into playing under center or a new system altogether.
@Mojo Ram I think it's a little of both. Goff is obviously comfortable working out of the gun, but Groh/Boras may be looking to tweak the offense slightly this year. The reason I think the system has changed slightly, is because it wasn't just Goff taking multiple snaps from the gun; Keenum and Mannion were also seen getting a healthy amount of snaps from the gun too.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
@Mojo Ram I think it's a little of both. Goff is obviously comfortable working out of the gun, but Groh/Boras may be looking to tweak the offense slightly this year. The reason I think the system has changed slightly, is because it wasn't just Goff taking multiple snaps from the gun; Keenum and Mannion were also seen getting a healthy amount of snaps from the gun too.
That was said before OTA's of changing the offense. Even before the draft as well. Once they hired Groh

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
That was said before OTA's of changing the offense. Even before the draft as well. Once they hired Groh
I recall that too. IIRC they said things like "tweaks" and "new wrinkles." They didn't say anything about running more shotgun stuff specifically. Did they?

In the Rams i trust....but i'm not a fan of drafting a stud like Gurley and lining him up in shotgun all day. Not intelligent.