First Look: Raiders at Rams / Joint Practices

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Merlin

Damn the torpedoes
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Raiders seem to think this scrimmage is their Super Bowl. Reminds me of Fisher teams tbh. McVay gonna think twice next year before he agrees to this shit again.

bubbaramfan

Legend
Camp Reporter
Whaaaa! I'm taking my ball and going home!

Go Home Year GIF

ScotsRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Niall
I have no time for this fighting shit in practice. You're trying to get good work in. You need reps, not dick measuring. Stupid fucks.

If it's not a starter, cut those involved. Get a message sent that the standards are higher here. That's Bush league bullshit.

Merlin

Damn the torpedoes
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I assume that McVay had his guys locked in to get good work vice the over the top nonsense. Look at Rams & Cowboys for an example of two coaches who had their teams focused in.

This really does seem to me like a Raiders thing.

Merlin

Damn the torpedoes
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I like to hear that re: Robinson. AD isn't gonna be doing that coachspeak shit. If he sucks things are gonna be a lot tighter. Depth at DL is great this year it's the starting group and replacing Brock that's the big key for them.

HX76

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
So Donald has a rest day and the Raiders want to kick off all over the place. Makes sense I suppose.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

10 Observations from Rams' second joint practice with Raiders​

THOUSAND OAKS, Calif. – The Rams held their second and final joint practice with the Raiders on Thursday, a shorter session that saw a crisper performance by Los Angeles' offense.

Staff writer Stu Jackson shares 10 Observations from the session.

1) Offense looks sharper: Los Angeles' offense had a much better day against Las Vegas' defense in the second joint practice, with quarterback Matthew Stafford connecting with wide receiver Cooper Kupp a couple of times over the middle and wide receiver Van Jefferson on a deep ball down the right sideline during 11-on-11 work. In 7-on-7 drills, quarterback John Wolford found tight end Johnny Mundt over the middle for a touchdown.

2) Speaking of Jefferson's catch: Stafford and Jefferson have connected on deep passes before in training camp, so it was a familiar sight seeing Jefferson use great ball tracking to make the over-the-shoulder catch he had on Thursday.

3) The Kupp connection: One of those catches over the middle included a one-handed grab, then Kupp heading to the endzone for the touchdown.

4) Another Taylor Rapp pass breakup: This time, the third-year safety deflected a pass by Raiders quarterback Derek Carr near the line of scrimmage with both hands.

5) Burst from Xavier Jones: The second-year running back showed nice agility after the catch on a short pass from Stafford, making a evading a couple defenders then cutting upfield.

6) Bringing the "thud": LB Troy Reeder delivered as physical a hit as a defender could while keeping the other player on their feet during 7-on-7 drills, drilling a Raiders wide receiver to force an incomplete pass from quarterback Marcus Mariota.

7) Tight window: One of Stafford's other impressive passes in Thursday's joint practice came via threading the needle past the outstretched hand of a defender for a completion to Kupp, delivered with velocity before the defender could deflect the pass.

8) Almost: Wolford nearly found tight end Jacob Harris for a touchdown during 7-on-7 work. Harris was in good position, but Wolford just overthrew him.

9) Rest day for defensive lineman Aaron Donald: The three-time defensive player of the year was an observer rather than a participant on Thursday, receiving a veteran rest day.

10) Practice wraps up early after skirmish: A fight during special teams drills sent the Raiders to their buses to depart the facility, while the Rams finished special teams drills with their own offense going against their own defense. However, "there was a lot of good work we were getting in" despite practice ending early, according to Rams head coach Sean McVay.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
CGI Ram - saw a couple videos. Btw - that one photo was my gal at SoFI.
I’m converting her into a Rams Fan. Will see how our Saturday goes.Not sure we make it out,but still going to be a Fan. - we went to Chargers camp & elected to walk away from the Chargers gear except to take a peak at the clear NFL(stadium) bags. Had Chargers on it,so quick NO.

from a non-fan point Leonard Floyd was the guy who got her attention. He is just a solid Football player. Very deversatile. .
Favorite was Troy Reeder.I’d ask for observations, and he is smooth in his drills.I’m a huge Troy Reeder fan.He showed me so much from not playing to always being ready. Time after time he made plays on :rd down no one seems to pay much attention to.Kiser & Reeder are team leaders in drills. E.Jones will be better for having to earn his spot & learn.
Troy from what I saw from his play against the raiders was physical.If he just lets himself go & plays balls to the wall will be Tough.He just misses on plays that he is right there on. I’m expecting even a Higher intensity & quicker steps from sideline to sideline.(Peds ?)
Next up was Jonah Williams.I believe he was the one in drills that stood out to me.In SOFI you can get some good angles & views. Henderson works these guys well.His sack against SD Chargers was nice.He works hard.He made another play again against raiders in drills. — Like his size & effort.On the TD run last week.He took on 2 blockers.wrong hole,but did his part to stand ground.

On live drills SoFI I saw a couple plays.Juju picked off Stafford? Whatever(who) he made a nice interception.First camp I went to the same.When a CB went down in training camp he slide over a couple plays. Everyone wants to talk about Burgees at CB.It’s #23 not #26 Ram fans need to look for down the sidelines. He made a play on one of the videos as well.’.
Yes Lawler was playing on the Left side mainly.He continues to work hard.Saw him his rookie year.He has a knack at getting to the QB with good angles.He can come off both edges though.Still a back up to Floyd though ? ( Obo ?)
Just sharing because seeing certain players early & still making plays throughout camp gets me jacked & self insures my views.

Peace !