First Look: Raiders at Rams / Joint Practices

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
On offense? Just Stafford & Wolford work well together.This QB group continues to grow .

Mcvay is such a good coach. His energy is top notch. He is working with the Defense more than ever. He comes over & gets into. I like to see his freedom as a HC. Trusting his coaches.

Kevin O’Connell being the first Rams OC to continue there as Sean Mcvay 2nd year guy.The trust & releasing the keys for a solo test drive with this offense is cool to see.

The Offensive line. There just learning & pushing each other.

Muguel Cabrera will probably hit his 500th HR this weekend,but MLB channel guy ask players all the time what he wants to get out of spring training.He said he never heard an answer like his.

You can translate it.He said he wanted to feel everything as a hitter.Get jammed,brake a bat,hit by a pitch,hit one off the tip,find the sweet spot of the bat.Even strike out & hit one out. I like where the offensive line is.They will get more out of the little mistakes or play calls that don’t work,especially reviewing it.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I assume that McVay had his guys locked in to get good work vice the over the top nonsense. Look at Rams & Cowboys for an example of two coaches who had their teams focused in.

This really does seem to me like a Raiders thing.
Chuckie likely is pumping the silver and black dirty tough guy image to players to inspire them.

Ive always hated that crap. Bill Romanowski football is a thing of the past. That old Raider persona doesn’t belong in the league anymore with the way the NFL tries to protect players on offense

T-REX

"King of the tyrant lizards"
Rams On Demand Sponsor

dang

Legend
Chuckie likely is pumping the silver and black dirty tough guy image to players to inspire them.

Ive always hated that crap. Bill Romanowski football is a thing of the past. That old Raider persona doesn’t belong in the league anymore with the way the NFL tries to protect players on offense
The only smart decision from Chuckie so far was not trying to replace Carr. He is an excellent leader and good (not great. Not elite) QB.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
CGI Ram - saw a couple videos. Btw - that one photo was my gal at SoFI.
I’m converting her into a Rams Fan. Will see how our Saturday goes.Not sure we make it out,but still going to be a Fan. - we went to Chargers camp & elected to walk away from the Chargers gear except to take a peak at the clear NFL(stadium) bags. Had Chargers on it,so quick NO.

from a non-fan point Leonard Floyd was the guy who got her attention. He is just a solid Football player. Very deversatile. .
Favorite was Troy Reeder.I’d ask for observations, and he is smooth in his drills.I’m a huge Troy Reeder fan.He showed me so much from not playing to always being ready. Time after time he made plays on :rd down no one seems to pay much attention to.Kiser & Reeder are team leaders in drills. E.Jones will be better for having to earn his spot & learn.
Troy from what I saw from his play against the raiders was physical.If he just lets himself go & plays balls to the wall will be Tough.He just misses on plays that he is right there on. I’m expecting even a Higher intensity & quicker steps from sideline to sideline.(Peds ?)
Next up was Jonah Williams.I believe he was the one in drills that stood out to me.In SOFI you can get some good angles & views. Henderson works these guys well.His sack against SD Chargers was nice.He works hard.He made another play again against raiders in drills. — Like his size & effort.On the TD run last week.He took on 2 blockers.wrong hole,but did his part to stand ground.

On live drills SoFI I saw a couple plays.Juju picked off Stafford? Whatever(who) he made a nice interception.First camp I went to the same.When a CB went down in training camp he slide over a couple plays. Everyone wants to talk about Burgees at CB.It’s #23 not #26 Ram fans need to look for down the sidelines. He made a play on one of the videos as well.’.
Yes Lawler was playing on the Left side mainly.He continues to work hard.Saw him his rookie year.He has a knack at getting to the QB with good angles.He can come off both edges though.Still a back up to Floyd though ? ( Obo ?)
Just sharing because seeing certain players early & still making plays throughout camp gets me jacked & self insures my views.

Peace !
I have no issues with Troy Reeder/ Ernest Jones being our MLB'ers! As far as the other ILB'er post it sure appears that Kenny Young has come in ready to take that post over again. I was hoping that Howard would outshine Young who I thought was an inside weak link last season. I would not count out Jake Gervase making this team as the hybrid ILB/SS. Ram may need those millions tied up in Kenny Young's contract to sign a legit veteran RB soon to come to our team when preseason concludes.

FS JuJu Hughes #23 suited up for 12 regular-season games last season. Hughes should have an edge on many of the safeties the Rams currently have signed. I have always thought that Hughes has the talent to make this team as one of the reserve free/deep safeties. With the Nick Scott knee injury, I am sure Hughes is smart enough to make sure that these extra opportunities he is now getting are used wisely. Having FS Hughes here in 2021 helps when in next March UFA Nick Scott seeks a starting post & bigger contract elsewhere.

If OLB'er #53 Justin Lawler does not get injured again he will make this Rams team this season & will prove to be a very positive addition as Floyd's backup. With Justin Hollins & Og Okoronkwo locking down the other side @ OLB'er. While Terrell Lewis is wheeled to the IR.

Eric Banks vs. Jonah Williams in the race for the Morgan Fox position......Williams appears to be the better pass rusher @ this point.....A super-sized need in this DL front!

Last edited:

Soul Surfer

Legend
Name
Charles Mazyck
Hopefully Terrell Lewis can make the 53 for game one but he should minimally get the Justin Lawler treatment of a couple years to heal up because they actually invested a fairly high draft pick in him.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
Hopefully Terrell Lewis can make the 53 for game one but he should minimally get the Justin Lawler treatment of a couple years to heal up because they actually invested a fairly high draft pick in him.
Sure looks like 100% earned Injured Reserve List material to me Soul Surfer. If after resting that knee for most all of 2020 then the offseason treatments & now its 3rd week into August & he still is not close????? I would go with the best four healthy OLB'ers which is not Lewis. It still will give Lewis some hope of returning at some point this season IF that knee will permits.

Sure would be nice to see OLB'er John Daka all of a sudden explode as a designated pass rusher today!
:boom::bomb::fire1:

I would hope to keep OLB Garrett on the PS along with DE Eric Banks to help the loss of the pass rush talent of a healthy Lewis.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
I have no issues with Troy Reeder/ Ernest Jones being our MLB'ers! As far as the other ILB'er post it sure appears that Kenny Young has come in ready to take that post over again. I was hoping that Howard would outshine Young who I thought was an inside weak link last season. I would not count out Jake Gervase making this team as the hybrid ILB/SS. Ram may need those millions tied up in Kenny Young's contract to sign a legit veteran RB soon to come to our team when preseason concludes.

FS JuJu Hughes #23 suited up for 12 regular-season games last season. Hughes should have an edge on many of the safeties the Rams currently have signed. I have always thought that Hughes has the talent to make this team as one of the reserve free/deep safeties. With the Nick Scott knee injury, I am sure Hughes is smart enough to make sure that these extra opportunities he is now getting are used wisely. Having FS Hughes here in 2021 helps when in next March UFA Nick Scott seeks a starting post & bigger contract elsewhere.

If OLB'er #53 Justin Lawler does not get injured again he will make this Rams team this season & will prove to be a very positive addition as Floyd's backup. With Justin Hollins & Og Okoronkwo locking down the other side @ OLB'er. While Terrell Lewis is wheeled to the IR.

Eric Banks vs. Jonah Williams in the race for the Morgan Fox position......Williams appears to be the better pass rusher @ this point.....A super-sized need in this DL front!
Williams got another sack.Yeah -stupid booth dude didn’t even see a couple plays.Sad.

Garrett ?
Troy Reeder won his spot.

Juju again almost has another pick 6.IMO he is like a Troy Hill.