Final Cuts are starting!

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
The word "list" is officially banned from this thread. :mad: And I'm thinking of banning the word "soda" next. :sneaky:

BD-TomCat

Rookie
I could see some merit to that, especially since Westbrooks has shown so well at DT. But I can tell you, I dont have any knowledge of that being the case or anything involving any of those players
just wanted your opinion on the issue cause westbrook has looked damn good when playing from the DT spot. I don't remember Carrington doing anything in pre season

Akrasian

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
With no actual info - and not much of a clue, really - I think that the final cuts will depend on whether they can either pick up some nice waiver players to fill depth positions in weak areas; trade somebody to clear space; or maybe both these options. I.E. they are trying to find another LB or DB available, maybe a QB they had wanted to draft, or seeing if somebody will give them a draft pick for some player on the DL.

Remember, you heard this WAG here first.

scifiman

I dont mean to complain but how about someone just post the list of cut players. I have read that the rams cut 17 and only have 5 more cuts left to do.

CoachO

Hall of Fame
I dont mean to complain but how about someone just post the list of cut players. I have read that the rams cut 17 and only have 5 more cuts left to do.
and they have only made 9 of those 17 public....

Gilbert, Smelley, Hooey, Van Dyk, Harlan, Steward, Sabino, K, Brown, and A. Cunningham And they have 4 more to go, since Bailey goes on the suspended list.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
The last 8 haven't been posted yet.
The first 8 were posted a couple pages back.
Sabino listed recently.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
I think most teams trim down, then test the trade market for their roster bubble players. Doesn't mean they get bites... But they try.

Mick

Pro Bowler
The word "list" is officially banned from this thread. :mad: And I'm thinking of banning the word "soda" next. :sneaky:
funny-gif9.gif

CoachO

Hall of Fame
I think most teams trim down, then test the trade market for their roster bubble players. Doesn't mean they get bites... But they try.
and to add to that, some of the names that have been released, are to see which of these players may get claimed, or have some interest shown in them. Some of them may be potential PS candidates, and if they are claimed, could impact some of the final decisions.

For example, and this is strictly hypothetical, if they are considering putting Hooey on the PS, and he is claimed, it may have some impact on what they can do with Jones. and if they have to keep an extra OL for insurance.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
just wanted your opinion on the issue cause westbrook has looked damn good when playing from the DT spot. I don't remember Carrington doing anything in pre season
Carrington case reminds me of Langford. Although I don't recall how Langford looked in preseason, he was terrible in my eyes. Esp. compared to a rookie Brockers. It's been said that DE's coming from 3-4 defenses require an adjustment period. So, Carrington's slow start doesn't worry me as much since Langford played pretty damn good last season.
Westbrooks has looked really good. Wherever he has played. His ability to control his area is noticeable....He plays like the SEC Co-defensive POY.

CoachO

Hall of Fame

So now they have released the names of 12 of the 17.

DCH

Madman with a box.
Name
Dewey
Surprised at Woodard and Bond. Seems they may be keeping Roberson and Washington, then.

ChrisW

Stating the obvious

So now they have released the names of 12 of the 17.

Damn, there goes Woodard. Haven't been keeping up as I just got back from the store. What CBs on the bubble are still there? Roberson and Reid still not cut?