Final Cuts are starting!

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
The one unit on the team that concerns me is LB. THey really don't have anyone beyond Bates, honestly, that I feel could come in actually play LB if they needed. I will very surprised if they dont find a vet off the waiver wire.

As far as Joyner, I agree with Hammer regarding his man coverage skills. But he has such good football instincts, that I think he will be fine. Also don't think Williams will play as much straight man to man as many in here envision. Otherwise, the secondary is not as big of a concern to me that it is to others. I think what people tend to get caught up with, is the performances of players who are not going to 1) wont be here next week, or 2) wont be called on very much to play defense. They are more ST guys and depth guys.

I do like Cody Davis, and so does Hammer. I am the first to admit that he isn't flashy, but he is steady and doesn't make many mistakes. I actually thought he and Alexander complimented one another pretty well, when they were on the field together.

My personal opinion is that Joyner should be playing FS for us and that I'd like to see us run more (effective) Cover 3 this year. That's Seattle's main shell and they do it well. I think we have the pieces to do it well also. But we need guys to play team defense in zone...an issue under Walton.

As far as Davis is concerned, I must disagree.

diehard99

UDFA
Name
Derek Blac
Yeh, that cb would be Roberson, I like his coverage skills like "hammer" does, but he sure doesnt like contact. Florida corners can cover and with Joyners and Gainess tackling abilities I wouldnt mind a better cover guy for our 5th spot. Interestly , Joyner is a fs on the depth chart not cb. To me, that 4th cb spot is more than a st player for if you have just one cb go down then he must step up and play outside or slot for you, Mcgee just doesnt impress me for that, plus hes hurt now, ankle I believe.

CoachO

Hall of Fame
NFL network says we are down to 57 right now.

Anyone have a list already made of who those 57 are?
they haven't released the names to any of the media of the last 9 guys, only the ones that have been put out there. But I am not going there again.

Orchid

Starter
Name
Obert
Against All pros and he is in a new position that all about the eyes in past protection... I am not the least bit surprised.

CoachO

Hall of Fame
Yeh, that cb would be Roberson, I like his coverage skills like "hammer" does, but he sure doesnt like contact. Florida corners can cover and with Joyners and Gainess tackling abilities I wouldnt mind a better cover guy for our 5th spot. Interestly , Joyner is a fs on the depth chart not cb. To me, that 4th cb spot is more than a st player for if you have just one cb go down then he must step up and play outside or slot for you, Mcgee just doesnt impress me for that, plus hes hurt now, ankle I believe.
I think Joyner will excel in zone coverage, using his instincts and aggressiveness to read and react. Same with Gaines. One of the things Hammer and I talked about at camp, was how Williams teaches and allows his players to make pre-snap reads, much like WRs do with coverage. Seattle does this very well, and it allows players to come off coverage if they see something developing. Both Joyner and Gaines do this quite well. OR at least it appears they do. When Joyner is matched up in straight man coverage, he can be and has been exposed.

Last edited:

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
Is there somewhere I can see the cut list of players so far without having to read thru 14-pages of posts?

DrLurkalot

UDFA
Name
Don
The guy we had like this was Pead. Now he's hurt.

Exactly, we've been doing fine with late round finds at RB. I wonder what Mason really showed that made them so high on him? I really liked a bunch of RB's in this draft. A Pretty good one I thought was Isiah Crowell. You can add an OG to your list. Hell, any decent OL. Maybe even a QB

Exactly....All I can think is the Auburn ties of the Snisher....

I wish some of you guys would seriously stop with the "why you talking about the list then....blah blah blah" It's irritating. He explained his reasoning behind why he couldn't divulge its contents, and says he knows the reasoning behind some of the choices. He'll probably write a cool thread on it in the coming days. I'm actually surprised he hasn't cussed some of you out for pestering him. Make a comment about a cut player, or a player that shoulda been cut or may be cut....I've never criticized a poster in here, it's not my way, but it's not fair to blast someone about their integrity either. If someone tells you something in confidence, and you promise not to divulge it, you don't. Plus some of these guys getting cut deserve to hear this info in private. Seems like everyone could respect that. But if you can't, it makes others respect you a lot less.

Exactly. Great post.

Yamahopper

Hall of Fame
It's been decades since I last tasted Fresca. I seem to remember it tasted pretty good for a clear soda. Are you recommending it?
I still roll with a fresca when I can. Though getting hard to find. More than decent with a double shot of vodka. What I jones for is a Tab. Been a dogs age. I need to get a guy on the inside at the bottling plant to hook me up.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
yea, i just figured you try to let him get a season under his belt, since we dont have much to lose this season.
I think it has more to do with Joseph getting back to full strength. He's a pro bowl guard when healthy.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I think Joyner will excel in zone coverage, using his instincts and aggressiveness to read and react. Same with Gaines. One of the things Hammer and I talked about at camp, was how Williams teaches and allows his players to make pre-snap reads, much like WRs do with coverage. Seattle does this very well, and it allows players to come off coverage if they see something developing to Both Joyner and Gaines do this quite well. OR at least it appears they do. When Joyner is matched up in straight man coverage, he can be and has been exposed.

Gaines is definitely a zone CB. Doesn't have the feet and size, imo, to be a great man CB.

A55VA6

Legend
Is there somewhere I can see the cut list of players so far without having to read thru 14-pages of posts?
Garrett Gilbert QB
Brad Smelley TE
Sean Hooey OL
Michell Van Dyk OL
Deantre Harlan DT
Kourtnie Brown DE
Phillip Steward LB
Avery Cunningham S

bluecoconuts

Legend
I remember last year someone posted about Stacy becoming the starter, said he knew someone. Lot of people jumped on him before it was reviled Stacy was the starter.

I'd say that given CoachO's track record, he's probably on point. Of course we're all dying to see the list, but he's being smart. And getting inside information could be really nice at times down the line. Never want to burn those bridges. Instead of worrying about if he really has sources or not, just talk about the cuts and who might go. We will all find out soon.

the zohan

Rookie
Name
Macker
Anyone else want to rub down Amber Theoharris's legs with flavored massage oil? Oh wait were talking cut downs not rub downs, my bad