Final Cuts are starting!

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Mick

Pro Bowler
I only wish my list was as exciting...milk, eggs, and laundry soap just don't have the same "it" factor as Coach's...oh, and I have cut broccoli btw....keep up the good work coach...

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I remember last year someone posted about Stacy becoming the starter, said he knew someone. Lot of people jumped on him before it was reviled Stacy was the starter.

I'd say that given CoachO's track record, he's probably on point. Of course we're all dying to see the list, but he's being smart. And getting inside information could be really nice at times down the line. Never want to burn those bridges. Instead of worrying about if he really has sources or not, just talk about the cuts and who might go. We will all find out soon.

Most inside info is overrated. Everyone finds out eventually, you just hear first...which really, in the end, doesn't mean much.

And the really good inside info...that doesn't get shared with outsiders. :LOL:

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Anyone else want to rub down Amber Theoharris's legs with flavored massage oil? Oh wait were talking cut downs not rub downs, my bad

Didn't even know who that was until I googled her. I'm not opposed but she isn't at the top of my fantasy list. Haha. ;)

Interestingly enough, I read that she replaced Snead's wife at NFL Network.

iced

just made this...seemed fitting...

espn-sam.png

BD-TomCat

Rookie
hey coach o what are yop ur thoughts on cutting Carrington to keep both westbrooks and Sam. he is a vet getting up there in age and I think the we would be better off keeping both of them

Mick

Pro Bowler
This Just In:

Rams Cut DE Robert Quinn
All I remember from Quinn is how slow he is out of the blocks...I keep yelling "unhook the trailer ya lard ass"...I mean I don't wanna say he is slow, but Corky is doing quadratic equations before this guy gets out of the blocks...

CoachO

Hall of Fame
hey coach o what are yop ur thoughts on cutting Carrington to keep both westbrooks and Sam. he is a vet getting up there in age and I think the we would be better off keeping both of them
I could see some merit to that, especially since Westbrooks has shown so well at DT. But I can tell you, I dont have any knowledge of that being the case or anything involving any of those players

Blue and Gold

Pro Bowler
Name
B and G
I am not coach O, but I think Carrington has not done tons to distinguish himself, but I think he's in battle with Conrath . . .Carrington, can play a little DE when we go with 3DL . . .and he blocks kicks . . . so I don't think Sam is in competition with the inside guys. IMO

RamWoodie

Legend
Pettis keeps coming to mind.
His size has been replaced by Britt and Quick.
Givens speed stays.

I wouldn't want to see him go, but how often is he going to be on the field if those two are healthy.
Well you won't. Pettis has value on STs and punt returns too...AND WHO DO YOU KNOW THAT'S BETTER ON 3rd down?

Pettis will be here...or they get something in trade...there will be no cut!!!

NJRamsFan

Please Delete
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I remember last year someone posted about Stacy becoming the starter, said he knew someone. Lot of people jumped on him before it was reviled Stacy was the starter.

I'd say that given CoachO's track record, he's probably on point. Of course we're all dying to see the list, but he's being smart. And getting inside information could be really nice at times down the line. Never want to burn those bridges. Instead of worrying about if he really has sources or not, just talk about the cuts and who might go. We will all find out soon.
Nobody ever jumped on him about whether or not he has sources, well no one jumped on him at all. It was merely a question of motivation as in, why say I have inside sources and know what everyone else is dying to hear, but im not gonna tell you...Thats all. I mean I understand why he cant share and agree that is the right thing to do but it came off as kinda "I know something you dont know" since no actual information was shared just that he had information we didnt. He has since clarified and its water under the bridge...

LazyWinker

Pro Bowler
Name
Paul
Anyone think the guy that holds Stedman Baileys spot is a DB or DL instead of a WR? Just with Hayes being nicked up and Johnson being out for a few weeks.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Well you won't. Pettis has value on STs and punt returns too...AND WHO DO YOU KNOW THAT'S BETTER ON 3rd down?

Pettis will be here...or they get something in trade...there will be no cut!!!

Agreed. Pettis shouldn't be let go for nothing. Anyone else see the route he ran on that slant he caught for a TD? It was beautiful. Dude sold it like an out after stemming outside off the LOS which caused Miami's DB to jump outside giving Davis a huge lane to throw through. And Davis's timing on the play was impeccable.

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
Most inside info is overrated. Everyone finds out eventually, you just hear first...which really, in the end, doesn't mean much.

And the really good inside info...that doesn't get shared with outsiders. :LOL:

It means a lot to me! It's makes me feel... exclusive.:D

OldRock

Rookie
Name
Rocky
I'm fine,,, I just dont want to play this 20 questions thing. I'm sure they are waiting to inform the players before they release the names to the media. I do know that the players who have been cut outright have already been told, and most are on their way home. They have already identified the guys they want to add to the PS, so those guys are not so quick to be given their plane tickets.

And NO, I won't give out any info on which is which, even if those guys names have already been announced. Mainly because it could quite possibly change based on who the final guys end up being.
No doubt it could change. Our "Think Tank" is working on it even harder than we could imagine, and their opinion is the final say. Lay down your bets. Nothing but your pride will be taken.

Alan

Legend
Blue and Gold with this thought:
so I don't think Sam is in competition with the inside guys.
Yeah but I think he's in competition with Carrington as far as the number D-line personnel we keep. Of course they might (unlike us and the media) completely separate the two in their thinking. When Fisher talks about how many they might keep he lumps them together though.