Facial Recognition of Fans by Owners

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
These are the times we live in, and it is probably only going to get worst. The fact is we have to accept it and find a way to deal with it; one way is by just staying home and watching the games.
I have no problem staying home and watching games. I can see the game better. The nearest stadium is 2.5 hours away and a game is an all day affair, plus overpriced imo.

Aside from that, I’m very friendly but at the same time I’m not quick to assume that people are good at heart, especially when drinking at a sports venue.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
No problem. Just wear a mask when you go into the stadium. After covid masks are not that uncommon.

rdlkgliders

"AKA" Hugo Bezdek
Name
Don
Serious question...why does every new piece of tech automatically gets thrown a conspiracy theory the guvment is out to take away our freedums?? What evidence do you have to support that other than paranoia??

The NFL isn't a guvment organization. It's private and no longer tax exempt. The 4th amendment is about government search and seizure...how is that even applicable here?
A lot going on in your question/remarks I will share a small portion of my concern.

We are 1 step away from our likenesses being sold to a 3rd party and also delivered to law enforcement. This brings us even closer if not square on top of being infringed upon.

Yes, you have been offering your info online for 20 years but what we fail to consider is our information is then sold for profit and circulated outside of the U.S. where we have protection, OUR information. We own and should have control over how our information is used and then profit ourselves on the "product" we own.
We neglected to put up guard rails and lost. So far anyway. The crypto market block chaining system seems to be a space where this can be righted but I haven't read enough nor do I understand it yet.

I understand the whole hey it works for me angle and in truth, we don't know where it will go if anywhere but people are on alert and we have a right to be and likely need to be.

A tangential example would be during my last contract negotiations the employers wanted the right to body scan us. It would have been tied to our deal memo.
After doing the scan they would own the rights to use it in perpetuity. We fought and won but these are examples of how our social and financial credit scores are being used to benefit people other than their owners.

I personally am not one to say a stance is right or wrong, it either works for you or it doesn't

Last edited:

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
Don’t want to be on camera and put into a database?

Don’t leave the house.

Cameras are EVERYWHERE now.

With AI advancements, tracking us will be easier & easier.

The only counter is to be an involved citizen, to work to make sure entities both public & private cannot misuse the data they are collecting.

rdlkgliders

"AKA" Hugo Bezdek
Name
Don
Don’t want to be on camera and put into a database?

Don’t leave the house.

Cameras are EVERYWHERE now.

With AI advancements, tracking us will be easier & easier.

The only counter is to be an involved citizen, to work to make sure entities both public & private cannot misuse the data they are collecting.
Agree, you can't hide without it having an insalubrious effect on your mental state.
The latter part of your reply is where we have to be diligent, with the direction of AI and Camera technology we as a society need to remain engaged.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
In no way in anywhere did I type I’m in favor of giving up privacy. As a matter of fact if you read carefully you will see I’m against any type of tracking for private commercial use or government practices that are not legal per the 4th amendment.

The Patriot Act for example, enable basically any behavior by government entities to basically do whatever they want with that act.
I was adding my comments toward the person you had quoted and responded to. No worries, I understood.

I like Rams

Hall of Fame
I've been playing this game recently, it's been around for a while I just thought it was for dorks, anyway it's called Doomsday prepper. Little late to the game but better late than never?

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
I've been playing this game recently, it's been around for a while I just thought it was for dorks, anyway it's called Doomsday prepper. Little late to the game but better late than never?
My *personal* feeling is that that approach tends to disengage individuals from society and, imo, that's not what we need. More factionalized means weaker.

Again, just my two cents on the concept.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Oh? Is something gonna happen? I've been offering my info online for 20+ years and perfectly fine. I'm curious what next steps are.

And why not? Hows the Best Buy rewards program gonna take away my rights?

Nah. I don't care. I bought a ticket....I'm fully aware they can see me. If they want to use my ugly mug go for it. Honestly what are they going to do with it?

The new camera at Sam's club works perfectly fine too btw.

Again why not? Debit and CCs have been around for years. I've been using them for 25+ years, parents for years before that.

I fail to see anything that made me feel like i was being invaded or something taking away?

This reminds me of a Dale Gribble themed King of the Hill episode.

Don't see why I would have to deal with cops on a regular basis?
I guess I’m weird in that I don’t like giving private companies my info and therefore the govt , since private companies rarely refuse giving personal information to the govt when asked. Twenty years ago until the last few years, they didn’t have the ability to gather vast amounts of data for no other reason than control. They want the China method to control those who are critical thinkers and possible dissidents.
This is no King of Hill stupid cartoon. The pot is slowly coming to boil and I choose to recognize and not die like a compliant frog.

REV3NGE

Rookie
Name
Adrian
How are the going to “verify” everyone unless everyone’s picture and name is already loaded into a system somewhere…

TSFH Fan

Epic Music Guy
:pop::pop::pop::pop::pop::pop::pop::pop::pop::pop:

From 10+ years ago:

d73.gif

Point? Yeah, NFL owners wanting group shots of fans probably shouldn't be that high on the "Muh Freedoms!" watch list.

Last edited:

Merlin

Damn the torpedoes
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Serious question...why does every new piece of tech automatically gets thrown a conspiracy theory the guvment is out to take away our freedums?? What evidence do you have to support that other than paranoia??

The NFL isn't a guvment organization. It's private and no longer tax exempt. The 4th amendment is about government search and seizure...how is that even applicable here?
The trend and application is alarming. Much of the infrastructure is there for govt control and that control is emerging in some places in the world already. And the nature of govts, because they are groups of people, are to seek more power to "benefit" the people.

I think Orwell was correct that the boot on a forehead is inevitable. It just so happens that we are also in the early stages of creating the next evolutionary step of intelligence, from organic to artificial. So the shape of that boot I think has yet to be determined.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter

Sure - The NFL should build a bunch of football stadiums in Dyersville & be like SOFI through Covid. Then we could all be like you & lock ourselves indoors.

Actually I’m lucky to be let back to training camp ? Not always on my best behavior.They must say,not this guy again.Just like my posting,I’m probably the most obnoxious Fan ? I get a little intense & crazy.

I like Rams

Hall of Fame
My *personal* feeling is that that approach tends to disengage individuals from society and, imo, that's not what we need. More factionalized means weaker.

Again, just my two cents on the concept.
I'd say most who practice prepping already live in an isolated area. I live in the suburbs, so my plans are a bit different. You deff should work to defend what we have, but also need to be proficient in self sustainability if it all falls through.

Merlin

Damn the torpedoes
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Yeah where you live is crucial if the system crashes. If you're in the suburbs you will be subject to roving bands under warlords that will inevitably rise in the population centers. They'll eat the cities out of food then start ranging out to find fresh meat for their BBQ. So prepping in the suburbs is a waste of time. Need to have a plan to get out if that's your situation, an exit strategy as it were, once certain thresholds have been met.

I don't think most modern folks are ready for the savagery that will follow this type of event. And the ones who aren't, i.e. the rationalizers, are going to be on the menu.

JYB

Starter
I guess I’m weird in that I don’t like giving private companies my info and therefore the govt , since private companies rarely refuse giving personal information to the govt when asked. Twenty years ago until the last few years, they didn’t have the ability to gather vast amounts of data for no other reason than control. They want the China method to control those who are critical thinkers and possible dissidents.
This is no King of Hill stupid cartoon. The pot is slowly coming to boil and I choose to recognize and not die like a compliant frog.
Yep. If people doubt that there are many people in this country in positions of power who would eagerly impose the Chinese social credit score system to enforce behaviors THEY support and punish behaviors they oppose -- those people haven't been paying attention.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
A lot going on in your question/remarks I will share a small portion of my concern.

We are 1 step away from our likenesses being sold to a 3rd party and also delivered to law enforcement. This brings us even closer if not square on top of being infringed upon.

Yes, you have been offering your info online for 20 years but what we fail to consider is our information is then sold for profit and circulated outside of the U.S. where we have protection, OUR information. We own and should have control over how our information is used and then profit ourselves on the "product" we own.
We neglected to put up guard rails and lost. So far anyway. The crypto market block chaining system seems to be a space where this can be righted but I haven't read enough nor do I understand it yet.

I understand the whole hey it works for me angle and in truth, we don't know where it will go if anywhere but people are on alert and we have a right to be and likely need to be.

A tangential example would be during my last contract negotiations the employers wanted the right to body scan us. It would have been tied to our deal memo.
After doing the scan they would own the rights to use it in perpetuity. We fought and won but these are examples of how our social and financial credit scores are being used to benefit people other than their owners.

I personally am not one to say a stance is right or wrong, it either works for you or it doesn't

So I read up a bit on this and see where you are coming from as far as data brokers. To be fair companies have privacy policies and most sites use cookies that tell you to accept or reject which most ppl dont care. I also get about the legal loophole.

But ultimately it's an online and digital world. I really don't care and I'm not worried about someone coming to "get me."

I guess I’m weird in that I don’t like giving private companies my info and therefore the govt , since private companies rarely refuse giving personal information to the govt when asked

Well the government has always had you info since day 1. They have a lot of info on you already.

Whats the govt gonna do with a picture of you attending an NFL game really?

But As i mentioned to rdk im willing to change my tune about daya brokers after reading amd watching some stuff on it.

Twenty years ago until the last few years, they didn’t have the ability to gather vast amounts of data for no other reason than control. They want the China method to control those who are critical thinkers and possible dissidents.

And this is where you lose me.

What's this control and specifically this China control? And who's "they" exactly?

There's many many many people out there voicing what they want, questioning what they want, but even from the sane to the crackpot it's out there....where is this control? How is it happening? Not theories or a "they want to"...where is it?

The trend and application is alarming. Much of the infrastructure is there for govt control and that control is emerging in some places in the world already. And the nature of govts, because they are groups of people, are to seek more power to "benefit" the people.

I think Orwell was correct that the boot on a forehead is inevitable. It just so happens that we are also in the early stages of creating the next evolutionary step of intelligence, from organic to artificial. So the shape of that boot I think has yet to be determined.

I'll start worrying when I see tanks on the street.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
Yep. If people doubt that there are many people in this country in positions of power who would eagerly impose the Chinese social credit score system to enforce behaviors THEY support and punish behaviors they oppose -- those people haven't been paying attention.

I guess I haven't been paying attention. Can you show me this China style control??

Last edited:

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
Yeah where you live is crucial if the system crashes. If you're in the suburbs you will be subject to roving bands under warlords that will inevitably rise in the population centers. They'll eat the cities out of food then start ranging out to find fresh meat for their BBQ. So prepping in the suburbs is a waste of time. Need to have a plan to get out if that's your situation, an exit strategy as it were, once certain thresholds have been met.

I don't think most modern folks are ready for the savagery that will follow this type of event. And the ones who aren't, i.e. the rationalizers, are going to be on the menu.
Already executed part of our exit strategy.

1722898379232.jpeg