Ernest Jones Traded to Titans

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
DeMarco was ruminating and speculating -- he was just as blind-sided as everybody else when the news broke. In fact, he was shocked and very disappointed by the news. Again, I doubt McSnead believe they're better off without their best ILB. Jones may well have forced their hand when the Rams informed him he wouldn't be extended after the season. We may learn more about the details in the coming days, but I seriously doubt their decision was based on the calculation that the team would be better off without Jones.
Maybe not today. Or the first few games of the season, But what if they believe they’ll be every bit as good at the position AND got a better future draft pick.. and saved money this year and in future?

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
Interesting, especially considering he was a captain and a leader on D. The D still needs to find it's new leaders... even moresoe now.
I seriously don’t think that’s an issue.
Turner, Verse, Fiske & Young are all high-character… Curl, Williams & White bring plenty of experience.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Bad knee and big contract demands for a guy who plays a position the Rams haven't valued with this current regime. Shouldn't surprise anybody.

JYB

Starter
So your saying out of the goodness of their heart they traded him to the Titans so he has a chance to get the contract? I doubt that more.
I think Jones forced their hand. And yes, I do think that part of their calculation was making sure the player got some say in where he would be traded. Just as they did for Ramsey when they got almost nothing in return for him.

SWAdude

And don't call me Shirley
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
John
I'm gonna go full circle on this to my original thought that it appears there may be a character thing that developed.

Trading a Captain and starting green dot defensive player this late is very unusual. Can't remember a time it has happened with any team. Not that it hasn't.

It appears the rest of the league was not too keene on EJ as well. Trading low round picks (or is it high round, anyways) is either a steal or a bust. Lack of serious interest I will lean into a Titan bust.

As others have pointed out we do have some new, early impressive talent.

So who will be the leader? Guess that works out on its own.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Per Jourdan Rodrigue-

The Rams made it clear in the spring that they wouldn’t be giving Jones an extension. So teams started calling to see if he’s available.

She said Snead has a saying, “If it’s inevitable, make it immediate.”

Last edited:

JYB

Starter
Maybe not today. Or the first few games of the season, But what if they believe they’ll be every bit as good at the position AND got a better future draft pick.. and saved money this year and in future?
Well, we all hope they're right. And maybe they will be. But right now, it's a leap of faith, and all they're really getting in return is peanuts in draft compensation (probably would've gotten more in the comp formula if he played out his contract) and a couple million in cap savings.

OTOH, if Speights doesn't work out, we're left with Reeder, Rozeboom and Hummel. :wow2:

majrleaged

Hall of Fame
I think Jones forced their hand. And yes, I do think that part of their calculation was making sure the player got some say in where he would be traded. Just as they did for Ramsey when they got almost nothing in return for him.
Fair enough. I don't think they consulted him other than to inform him they were looking to trade him. I don't think they had a better offer.

Afro Ram

Pro Bowler
Name
Mike
And again. It's fr from beta big deal to me and I understand millions are on the line. But they can be douchebags. And imagine that's what not being hidden from the media