Ernest Jones Traded to Titans

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Gandalf

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Maybe, there are more moves to be made, and they need that extra couple of million in cap space.

SWAdude

And don't call me Shirley
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
John
We'll likely never know. What if the Rams only offered an extension of $4 mil. per year? If I'm the agent I'd hard pass on that too. It will be interesting to see what he signs for in free agency.
I am interested as well.

I wonder if is appropriate to share some of the details of negotiations with another team so they know what they are willing to do.

Wisconsinram

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Mike
I honestly feel as though the Rams are one of the best run organizations in all of sports. They have earned my trust.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
We'll likely never know. What if the Rams only offered an extension of $4 mil. per year? If I'm the agent I'd hard pass on that too. It will be interesting to see what he signs for in free agency.
If he doesn’t ask for an extension, then maybe Jones is a Ram all season. There is no requirement that a player asks for an extension.

His agent miscalculated how much the Rams valued Jones and now Ernest is on a team without much of a playoff chance. He never asked for a trade. That indicates that he would have preferred to stay a Ram.

Unless the Titans give him his contract, it’s a lose/lose. They acquired him because of injuries to their linebackers. It doesn’t seem likely that they plan to give him an extension.

If they don’t bring up an extension Jones gets to play this season on a Super Bowl contender. And the Rams are a serious contender.

I think his agent made a bad move.

Tano

Legend
He was here with Staley and again with Staley in San Diego. It’s possible until someone else is ready.

Season 5 No GIF by The Office

fanotodd

Diehard
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Fanotodd
Also, anyone thinking Jones was top 10 at ILB is smoking something, please pass it along. I think we overvalued his leadership, blitzing ability and above average run defending ability.

Off the top of my head, I can’t think of anybody the Rams have let go who has thrived or made the Rams look bad for letting them go.

Goff would be the only one I can think of who has gone on to have real success, but the Rams got Stafford in return and won a SB. Both robinson and skow were cut today.

Look at every player from that SB team who the Rams let walk, released, or traded. What have they done since? How would you like to be the bills, holding that von miller contract? Yikes!

Jones wasn’t coming back after this season and I’ll be quite surprised if he has a season that makes us second guess the Rams’ FO.

DzRams

Rookie
Name
Desmal M
I think his agent made a bad move.
I disagree. If I'm a good player, I'd want my agent to ask for an extension after year 3 as the CBA allows. If you don't ask, you don't get. If I'm an agent, that would be my policy as a matter of course. Just because it sometimes doesn't work out shouldn't deter from that policy.

Winning the SB is great but this is their job; getting a big payday is priority numero uno. And it's speculative at best that the Titans won't pay him.