Ernest Jones Traded to Titans

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
Given the odds a 3rd round pick is a hit, they have much less reliability than Jackson does. Remember Logan Bruss. We've hit some home runs in the draft lately, but it's still a crapshoot.

I'd hate to roll the dice on Stafford's blindside protector with a 3rd round pick. And that's not the McSnead MO at all.
I feel like the Rams are building the roster to the point where they can move on from Stafford and go all-in on a rookie, trading multiple high picks.. or maybe they'll be kicking tires on someone like Trevor Lawrence in a trade. We'll see.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Let the word go forth from this time and place, to friend and foe alike, that the torch has been passed to a new generation of Rams.
1724790145982.png

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Given the odds a 3rd round pick is a hit, they have much less reliability than Jackson does. Remember Logan Bruss. We've hit some home runs in the draft lately, but it's still a crapshoot.

I'd hate to roll the dice on Stafford's blindside protector with a 3rd round pick. And that's not the McSnead MO at all.

Logan Bruss had a major injury, and he's looked like the third round pick he was supposed to be in his third year. And third round picks have also yielded Kobie Turner, Byron Young, Noteboom, JJ3, Ernest Jones, and - last but certainly not least - Cooper Kupp.

I trust McSnead in their drafting process.

Tano

Legend
Watching Speights stand up that RB told me everything I needed to know about him. Literally stonewalled him.
It's been a LONG time since I saw an ILB in Horns do that. Our ILB corps needed a serious talent infusion, and that's not slighting EJ -- I think he'll do well in the TN system. Best of luck to him, and thanks for giving our ILB room a decent measure of respect.
Yeah but when he didn't play that last game against the 49ers - Shanahan was laughing at us playing Reeder.

JonRam99

Hall of Fame
Name
Jonathan
I feel like the Rams are building the roster to the point where they can move on from Stafford and go all-in on a rookie, trading multiple high picks.. or maybe they'll be kicking tires on someone like Trevor Lawrence in a trade. We'll see.
Intrigued by Lawrence... but he'd have to grow a lot between the ears to satisfy McVay. Staff has set a high benchmark here for QB play.
I'm thinking we go all in, in '26, on a rookie QB; it'll be McVay's masterpiece, his protege, that he will win a SB off of in '27 & ride off into the sunset by '30.

DzRams

Rookie
Name
Desmal M
Logan Bruss had a major injury, and he's looked like the third round pick he was supposed to be in his third year. And third round picks have also yielded Kobie Turner, Byron Young, Noteboom, JJ3, Ernest Jones, and - last but certainly not least - Cooper Kupp.

I trust McSnead in their drafting process.
So do I! I feel they are great drafters. It's still a crapshoot.

And more importantly, if you trust McSnead in drafting, you should also trust them in their team-building methods. And one of them is, they've never allowed their QB to be protected by a 3rd round rookie. They typically pay money for vet tackles.

Memento

Name
Jemma
There's absolutely no way Trevor Lawrence is available; he just signed a massive extension this year.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
Intrigued by Lawrence... but he'd have to grow a lot between the ears to satisfy McVay. Staff has set a high benchmark here for QB play.
I'm thinking we go all in, in '26, on a rookie QB; it'll be McVay's masterpiece, his protege, that he will win a SB off of in '27 & ride off into the sunset by '30.
Definitely a possible scenario.

Memento

Name
Jemma
So do I! I feel they are great drafters. It's still a crapshoot.

And more importantly, if you trust McSnead in drafting, you should also trust them in their team-building methods. And one of them is, they've never allowed their QB to be protected by a 3rd round rookie. They typically pay money for vet tackles.

I think they turn to McClendon before they turn to a third-round rookie myself. McVay has stated this offseason that he likes McClendon at left tackle.

Memento

Name
Jemma
You'd think not.

Then again.. it's the Jags.

Five year, 275 million dollar extension with 142 million of it guaranteed. The dead cap alone would make it impossible.

I'd say 99.999999999 percent chance we don't get Trevor Lawrence, as much as I like him - and I think I'm being generous on my number.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
The extra money might give them the ability to add Ahkello Witherspoon as I believe CB is where they need to upgrade. I expect Omar Speights to be the starting ILB along with Rozeboom.

DzRams

Rookie
Name
Desmal M
I agree! I was actually thinking around draft time that there was a small chance they could have made that move this year. Given Stafford's age and the Rams position that they're taking their relationship with Stafford on a year-to-year basis, it wouldn't surprise me to see an all-in move on a new QB as soon as next year.

Afro Ram

Pro Bowler
Name
Mike
I have zero knowledge of what happened with this trade But the one thing I don't like about McVay and Snead is the way they seem to treat the players on a personal level. (And again I'm not behind the doors)

But look at the Goff situation. They were basically like f'you. You're not our guy. IF think you can do better elsewhere more power to you. Otherwise we are throwing you to the wolves And I can name all least three was an obvious vibe where other players were gee something didn't seem normal about that situation.

It like there's some highschool crap going on. But it's all speculation