Ernest Jones Traded to Titans

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

pvtdragon39

Rookie
I think Speights opened the eyes of Rams, that maybe hes better than Jones? I wont know for sure, only they will. Jones Will be missed, but I think they are prepping for a huge trade at trade deadline, or offseason next year.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
The Rams do some weird shit sometimes.....
I believe that once a player or his agent rocks the boat, McVay wants him gone yesterday. He won’t risk anything interfering with the culture.
I get that you want to do right by the players, McSnead...but this is a shit return, honestly. I wish they were a bit more ruthless at times.
They had no leverage. Few teams had cap space or need for a ILB with limited range and a bum knee.
The Rams could've kept him, used his talent to help us win. Let him walk, and STILL gotten more value in the sense of a comp pick.

This a mess and big L all around for the Rams, and Snead
Maybe they didn’t want to risk having a disgruntled player, who is losing snaps as the season goes on, to have a negative affect aura on the team. I know I wouldn’t.

El Chapo Jr

Hall of Fame
Praying Speights is the real deal. Preseason star is way different than showing out during the regular season. Personally think this is a mistake since we are now an injury away from being fucked LB depth wise unless we have something else up the sleeve. Thanks Ernest for all the wonderful memories and good luck unless you face the Rams.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
I have zero knowledge of what happened with this trade But the one thing I don't like about McVay and Snead is the way they seem to treat the players on a personal level. (And again I'm not behind the doors)

But look at the Goff situation. They were basically like f'you. You're not our guy. IF think you can do better elsewhere more power to you. Otherwise we are throwing you to the wolves And I can name all least three was an obvious vibe where other players were gee something didn't seem normal about that situation.

It like there's some highschool crap going on. But it's all speculation
Probably see that with other teams that none of us care to read about.

majrleaged

Hall of Fame
I doubt they think they'll be better off without him this year. I think they're just making the best of a difficult situation. They'd have gotten more value out of him by letting him play out his contract, get a (likely) strong year of play out of him, and then get greater value in the comp formula than they got in this late-round pick swap. But they seem to make it a higher priority to do right by the player than squeezing every ounce of value out of him.
According to Farr on 710 ESPN Jones was grumbling. That the Rams were missing AD's leadership cause he would have put a stop to it. The Rams didn't do Jones any favors sending him to Titans. Titans are the big winners cause they got themselves a humbled player who will probably ball out knowing next year isn't a given. The Rams are a player's team unless they think you aren't all in. Then they do what they think is best for the team. They think the team is better off without him.

younghutch

UDFA
Old timey fans, think about how cool it is that we're lamenting the cutting / trading of quailty players. Gives insight into the talent of the players that were kept. Les & Sean may be many things (most of fthem good) but they are outstanding evaluators of talent and they don't get gooey when it comes to "loyalty". A bit cutthroat? Sure, but it's a business. The 80's 49ers did this and so did the Patriots dynasty.

WestCoastRam

Legend
According to Farr on 710 ESPN Jones was grumbling. That the Rams were missing AD's leadership cause he would have put a stop to it. The Rams didn't do Jones any favors sending him to Titans. Titans are the big winners cause they got themselves a humbled player who will probably ball out knowing next year isn't a given. The Rams are a player's team unless they think you aren't all in. Then they do what they think is best for the team. They think the team is better off without him.
Interesting, especially considering he was a captain and a leader on D. The D still needs to find it's new leaders... even moresoe now.

JYB

Starter
DeMarco was ruminating and speculating -- he was just as blind-sided as everybody else when the news broke. In fact, he was shocked and very disappointed by the news. Again, I doubt McSnead believe they're better off without their best ILB. Jones may well have forced their hand when the Rams informed him he wouldn't be extended after the season. We may learn more about the details in the coming days, but I seriously doubt their decision was based on the calculation that the team would be better off without Jones.

majrleaged

Hall of Fame
DeMarco was ruminating and speculating -- he was just as blind-sided as everybody else when the news broke. In fact, he was shocked and very disappointed by the news. Again, I doubt McSnead believe they're better off without their best ILB. Jones may well have forced their hand when the Rams informed him he wouldn't be extended after the season. We may learn more about the details in the coming days, but I seriously doubt their decision was based on the calculation that they'd be better off without Jones.
So your saying out of the goodness of their heart they traded him to the Titans so he has a chance to get the contract? I doubt that more.