Eagles agree to trade QB Carson Wentz to Colts for two draft picks

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

SWAdude

And don't call me Shirley
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
John

The Carson Wentz era is over in Philadelphia.
The Eagles have agreed to trade Wentz to the Indianapolis Colts in exchange for a 2021 third-rounder and a conditional second-rounder in 2022, NFL Network's Mike Garafolo reported.
ESPN first reported the news.
Around the NFL will have more on Wentz's trade shortly.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
So the Eagles solved the Pederson-Wentz marriage breakup by firing Pederson and trading Wentz.
My goodness, have to like the Rams marriage counseling much more....

Psycho_X

Legend
Read the second rounder can be a first if certain conditions are met. Either way, a great situation for Wentz to go to. A great offensive line, some good weapons on offense, and a good defense. A coach who will get what he can out of him. I don't know if it'll be enough to fix him but it's probably the best available option for him. Plus, if he does revive his career at least it'll be in the AFC.

edit

View: https://twitter.com/adamschefter/status/1362444999187697669?s=21

Liberator

Pro Bowler
I think the Colts should have probably found another option at QB. Wentz isn't very good and they have, in my eyes, the makings of a contender with their roster + cap space. I dunno I just don't think Wentz is it for them. Good job by the Eagles getting out of the contract, though they will be awful for the foreseeable future. Wonder if they draft Trey Lance or trade up?

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
I think it's great for Wentz and I believe he will be the comeback player of the year and lead the Colts to a Super Bowl loss against the Los Angeles Rams.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
Frank Reich coached Carson in Philly when he had a good season. Maybe it can be rekindled with them coming together again.

I doubt it though. Wentz sucks and his head ain't screwed on tight.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I think it's great for Wentz and I believe he will be the comeback player of the year and lead the Colts to a Super Bowl loss against the Los Angeles Rams.
Back off, coach! That's my award! ~ Matty Stones

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I thought the Eagles brought in Ciranni because it would provide the "Reich Touch" for Wentz. I now really question that coaching hire, and why wouldnt they have looked for the spread type mentality to mesh with Hurts

btfd16

Rookie
I thought the Eagles brought in Ciranni because it would provide the "Reich Touch" for Wentz. I now really question that coaching hire, and why wouldnt they have looked for the spread type mentality to mesh with Hurts

They are a mess... The Colts however are in a great spot. Great OL (draft a Costanzo replacement), great Defense, solid coaching. Basically get Wentz for 4/100m and only 15m dead cap if cut next year.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

Nah. I think they were always planning to ship out Wentz. That relationship went very south. But it's a good deal for both sides.

Psycho_X

Legend
Another important note, he doesn't have to deal with all the bullshit of being in Philadelphia. From the Philly fans to the Philly media, I'm sure it can be draining on a person. Wentz gets to shed that negativity at least. Will probably feel like a vacation in Indy.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
They are a mess... The Colts however are in a great spot. Great OL (draft a Costanzo replacement), great Defense, solid coaching. Basically get Wentz for 4/100m and only 15m dead cap if cut next year.
Colts did well, because really, where else were they going to find a QB? Brissett doesnt have it, and Luck is staying retired.
I think the Colts will cut bait on him quickly too if he's not working out, that conditional 1st rounder could be awful tricky

ScotsRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Niall
I think Wentz is the most overrated QB I've ever seen, personally. This will not end well for the Colts.

payote75

Hall of Fame
Name
Payote75
This makes me wonder even more now assuming wentz plays 70% and 75% and those picks become first rounders we don't know the salary part of it yet though but my questions to you guys is....

Did the rams staff and management feel that strongly about goff not being good anymore or having hit his ceiling?

Did the league feel Goff wasn't any good?

I understand why the rams zeroed in on Stafford he is a top 5 in arm talent and making all the throws and even improvising some. As well as the ability to restructure his contract and reduce cap hit and not be chained to him killing our cap as well as dumping all of Goffs salary. It just shows you what the going rate for starting qbs is.
When I see this trade if we were heading down a different road I would be pissed and have demanded a better haul than Wentz brought back but because we on a different situation this makes me feel even better about the Stafford deal.

We are in win now mode and I've been saying I'm ok with the Stafford trade no matter what because qbs age for decline are a bit different these days and Stafford is a gamer so even if we get 3-4 quality years out of him the cap will be different and I have faith in Mcvay and scouting/management to bring along another qb.

I'm just shocked that Philly could get that for Wentz his injuries and his salary.

I think for all the back and forth on a lot of threads most of us are of the thinking Goff is better than wentz I assume? The league and the rams must have felt differently.

wentz will be in a way way better situation than Goff so besides our own team I'm so intregued by next season. I want to of course watch our rams can't wait to see what changes we make but I also want to watch Goff and yes root for him lol but keep an eye on wentz also. This is unfolding to be quite an offseason which technically hasn't even started yet.

yrba1

Mild-mannered Rams fan
Based on the draft picks, it looks like the Colts will be eating that contract

El Chapo Jr

Hall of Fame
I know I'm not the only one and yes I know it can't be changed, but this deal makes me feel like the Rams got raped for that second 1st rd pick. I'd rather they made that pick be a 2nd pick next year. Would have left us with a first next year to trade back for more picks if needed as I know they don't like drafting in the 1st round anyways.

NJRamsFan

Please Delete
Rams On Demand Sponsor
This makes me wonder even more now assuming wentz plays 70% and 75% and those picks become first rounders we don't know the salary part of it yet though but my questions to you guys is....

Did the rams staff and management feel that strongly about goff not being good anymore or having hit his ceiling?

Did the league feel Goff wasn't any good?

I understand why the rams zeroed in on Stafford he is a top 5 in arm talent and making all the throws and even improvising some. As well as the ability to restructure his contract and reduce cap hit and not be chained to him killing our cap as well as dumping all of Goffs salary. It just shows you what the going rate for starting qbs is.
When I see this trade if we were heading down a different road I would be pissed and have demanded a better haul than Wentz brought back but because we on a different situation this makes me feel even better about the Stafford deal.

We are in win now mode and I've been saying I'm ok with the Stafford trade no matter what because qbs age for decline are a bit different these days and Stafford is a gamer so even if we get 3-4 quality years out of him the cap will be different and I have faith in Mcvay and scouting/management to bring along another qb.

I'm just shocked that Philly could get that for Wentz his injuries and his salary.

I think for all the back and forth on a lot of threads most of us are of the thinking Goff is better than wentz I assume? The league and the rams must have felt differently.

wentz will be in a way way better situation than Goff so besides our own team I'm so intregued by next season. I want to of course watch our rams can't wait to see what changes we make but I also want to watch Goff and yes root for him lol but keep an eye on wentz also. This is unfolding to be quite an offseason which technically hasn't even started yet.
14 damn I was off ....