Divisional Playoffs: 49’ers at Packers - 8:15pm ET

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

The Ramowl

Starter

hqdefault (2).jpg

IBruce80

Tokyo Ram
Tough game. Thought GB would win by a couple of scores.
Don't want to comment too much until we play tomorrow, but looks like several niners are going to be carrying injuries into next week.

Good day of football.

Deac

Starter
Name
Sean
Drunk 49er Fan: I OWN YOU! I'VE ALWAYS OWNED YOU!

Security: Mr. York, will you please stop yelling at Mr. Rogers....

Flint

Pro Bowler
Packers really needed somebody besides Devante to step up, didn’t really happen, run game didn’t help much either but all would’ve been forgiven if not for not so special teams.
That’s gotta hurt, 3 points you didn’t get and 7 pts they did.
Felt like one more score could’ve done it if the mvp puts one drive together.

SWAdude

And don't call me Shirley
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
John
Knowing the NFC championship, THEN the SB is in your own house MUST give a home field advantage even in Tampon.

Bucs must be scared at this point. I would be.

Psycho_X

Legend
I thought playing in cold ass weather was an asset to the Packers? They were a hot mess playing that just as much as the Whiners were with all the mistakes they had. At least it was a physical game for both sides. Hope that beating carries over into next weekend for them.

oldnotdead

Legend
What I find so ironic is how the media portrayed what a great advantage the GB winter weather was for the Packers. Yet it was clear the weather was affecting both teams, only nominally less so for the Packers. The game stats don't reflect the great advantage to the Packers that the media consistently touted. It also, showed how a team from California like the Niners with a balanced offensive attack and a strong defense, could beat the Packers at home in the snow.

It's why I was confident that the Rams could beat the Packers if it came to that. I just hated the thought of a weather related turnover stealing a win from the Rams. On week 18 the Rams showed they can beat the Niners. Except for some inexplicable defensive playcalling, the Rams would have won that game handily instead of losing it. It's why I feel good about the Rams facing them again.

But for that to happen, they need to beat the Bucs in what I think will be a close game. IMO there is no margin for error, i.e. the Rams need to play a clean game. If they do I'm confident that the Rams will beat the Bucs and thereafter the Niners to advance to the Super Bowl, where I think they will probably face Buffalo.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I thought playing in cold ass weather was an asset to the Packers? They were a hot mess playing that just as much as the Whiners were with all the mistakes they had. At least it was a physical game for both sides. Hope that beating carries over into next weekend for them.
Since they won the Super Bowl they're 7-7 in the playoffs at home.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
My son was reading an article from a doctor who discussed how cold weather games really take it out of players more than a normal game... The recovery time is drastically longer.

Let's hope the Rams can win tomorrow to make that matter.
I used to work outdoors. In the winter months the county always had indoor work for us to do. One winter they didn't so we had to blaze a new 8 mile trail along the river all winter. It took us a good month to get into a grove of hard work in 18 degree weather until we were no longer exhausted by the end of the day. The cold weather causes the body to burn more calories. That was a very physical game for both of those teams. Their Oline looked sluggish by the fourth quarter. Guys were limpinfg off the field. That has to work in the Rams favor.

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
How the fuck do the Packers manage to choke it away so many times when they have everything set up for them to win? This year to the fucking 9ers, last year to the Bucs, a couple of times to the Giants ... I just don't get it.

And Kyle Shanahan must be the greatest coach ever for the way he is able to consistently compensate for such a mediocre QB running such a simple offense.

It's just baffling.

SteezyEndo

The Immaculate Exception
How the fuck do the Packers manage to choke it away so many times when they have everything set up for them to win? This year to the fucking 9ers, last year to the Bucs, a couple of times to the Giants ... I just don't get it.

And Kyle Shanahan must be the greatest coach ever for the way he is able to consistently compensate for such a mediocre QB running such a simple offense.

It's just baffling.

As much as I dislike Shanny dude is brilliant he has mastered a way to just play str8 physicality when necessary.

NEOM

UDFA
Name
MbS
I said it before, of all teams, the Niners were a terrible opponent for Packers.

HX76

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
First I trudge all the way up to Manchester yesterday for them to get a last minute winner and then I wake up to this. I feel sick.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Game planning and execution are two different animals. 49ers just beat people down in the first half and by the second half they start to roll. The key to beating them is being more physical than they are.
The key is capitalizing on Jimmy's mistakes. The Packers had three opportunities to pick off bad passes he threw and return them for TDs. They missed each one. If you put him under pressure and don't allow them in 3rd and short situations, he'll make mistakes. If we play them, we need to dedicate ourselves to stopping the run on first and second down. We need to tackle well (our biggest problem against them). Stop the run, flood the middle of the throw with bodies to take away the short passes over the middle, and force Jimmy to beat us down the field and outside the hashes. I'll take my chances on that.

NEOM

UDFA
Name
MbS
Game planning and execution are two different animals. 49ers just beat people down in the first half and by the second half they start to roll. The key to beating them is being more physical than they are.

Being physical helps, but the Packers were rolling in their first two drives, they could have ended up leading 14 to 0 after 15 minutes. Marcedes Lewis fumbled and this helped the Niners defence getting some momentum. If you want to beat the Niners, you need to put put pressure on their offence, mainly Jimmy G, throwing the ball. I can assure you, with a 14 to 0 lead, the Packers would have rolled over the Niners.

Ballhawk

Please don't confuse my experience for pessimism!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
NPW

It's just baffling.
The 0ers couldn't even score a TD in the game and would have lost except for their special teams. So no great coaching job on offense.

The Ramowl

Starter
The analysts have been blinded by Rodgers. The Packers have been suspect for a while, they haven't beaten anyone with a winning record since November, they got a bunch of really close wins against bad teams, got mistreated by Bears and Lions. They also had a shit division this year. This is not the surprise everyone will make it to be today.

FarNorth

Hall of Fame
Packers really needed somebody besides Devante to step up, didn’t really happen, run game didn’t help much either but all would’ve been forgiven if not for not so special teams.
That’s gotta hurt, 3 points you didn’t get and 7 pts they did.
Felt like one more score could’ve done it if the mvp puts one drive together.
They needed another offensive weapon-- say, Jonathan Taylor-- instead of Jordan Love.

That's what happens when you're in "maybe we'll win later by drafting a mediocre QB for a mediocre future" instead of "win now" mode.

Not what the Rams do.

NEOM

UDFA
Name
MbS
The analysts have been blinded by Rodgers. The Packers have been suspect for a while, they haven't beaten anyone with a winning record since November, they got a bunch of really close wins against bad teams, got mistreated by Bears and Lions. They also had a shit division this year. This is not the surprise everyone will make it to be today.

Dont think that analysts/experts have been blinded by Rodgers or overrated the Packers. It's more about the fact that

1. Rodgers is too attached to Adams
2. The Niners are the worst match up for the Packers. Look at Week 3, the outcome was reversed.
3. Because of 1, it is easy to shut down most of the Packers offence.

Again, if the Packers score another TD in the first half, Lewis not fumbling the football, Packers go on and win the game. If you want to beat the Niners, you need to start hot and get a conformable lead, this puts pressure on their offence, especially Jimmy G, who then needs to throw the ball more times and this will raise the chances for turnovers. If you have a close game or the Niners go ahead, you will end up losing and that's what happend to the Packers. Niners got conformable and as soon as Rodgers couldnt convert their last drive into a TD, the game was finished.