Deshaun Watson Sexual Assault Allegation(s) Thread

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.
Status
Not open for further replies.

XXXIVwin

Hall of Fame

View: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=mYlgbMsWmLU

Above is the link to Buzbee's press conference today.

The first accuser (Ms. Solis, I believe) reads a statement near the beginning.

Poor woman seems pretty fragile.

A couple thoughts:

1. For those of us who are fathers, I hope we talk to our daughters about how to say "no" to guys, forcefully and confidently and gracefully. My daughter is 14, and I'm sure she's gonna experience some unwanted attention at some point-- maybe more than that.
2. I can't imagine what it must have been like for Ms Solis to have this large, physically imposing, powerful, famous man lying naked in her house and making unwanted advances. OTOH, I wish she had had the wherewithal to end the session abruptly and say something like, "I'm sorry, but this behavior is not okay, this is not what I do. Please gather up your things and leave my house. This session is over." This is easy for me to SAY, of course... what if she worried that saying something like that might escalate things and make it even worse...? Bottom line, I feel sorry for her that she seems to be traumatized.
3. Hate to say this, but I hope that all Licensed Massage Therapists receive "how to deal with sexual harassment" training. I would imagine that many licensed massage therapists go through this at least once (or more) in their careers. Hitting on a masseuse is unfortunately a cliche in our society.

Anyway.... what a tough situation.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Um...I think they were talking about massage therapists that Watson had gone through? What does having thirty-two NFL teams have to do with any of this?

well he could be getting massages in those City’s. I don’t know these woman.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter

View: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=mYlgbMsWmLU

Above is the link to Buzbee's press conference today.

The first accuser (Ms. Solis, I believe) reads a statement near the beginning.

Poor woman seems pretty fragile.

A couple thoughts:

1. For those of us who are fathers, I hope we talk to our daughters about how to say "no" to guys, forcefully and confidently and gracefully. My daughter is 14, and I'm sure she's gonna experience some unwanted attention at some point-- maybe more than that.
2. I can't imagine what it must have been like for Ms Solis to have this large, physically imposing, powerful, famous man lying naked in her house and making unwanted advances. OTOH, I wish she had had the wherewithal to end the session abruptly and say something like, "I'm sorry, but this behavior is not okay, this is not what I do. Please gather up your things and leave my house. This session is over." This is easy for me to SAY, of course... what if she worried that saying something like that might escalate things and make it even worse...? Bottom line, I feel sorry for her that she seems to be traumatized.
3. Hate to say this, but I hope that all Licensed Massage Therapists receive "how to deal with sexual harassment" training. I would imagine that many licensed massage therapists go through this at least once (or more) in their careers. Hitting on a masseuse is unfortunately a cliche in our society.

Anyway.... what a tough situation.

Well said

XXXIVwin

Hall of Fame
Ugh. Just listened to the letter written by the second accuser (Lauren Baxley), which starts at the 32 minute mark. (From press conference video, linked in my post at top of this page). This was a "letter" that Baxley's therapist advised her to write, as if she were writing directly to Watson.

WOW!! what a freaking letter. Baxley is humiliated and hurt, but also enraged. Very powerful, very believable, very detailed.

At what point are we supposed to believe that all 22 women decided to completely fabricate these stories?

And all the corroborating evidence--the Instagram messages, showing he'd ask for pictures of what they looked like before he'd hire them?

I'll gladly hear out Watsons defense. Hardin is an extremely skilled lawyer. But we are beginning to see that there is a MOUNTAIN of evidence against him.

Last edited:

Flint

Pro Bowler
Something very weird is going on for sure, I would like to let it play out but there are so many women, that’s not proof but it’s not great either. And now some of them are coming forward to make statements, again, it’s not proof but it looks really bad.

PARAM

Hall of Fame
Something very weird is going on for sure, I would like to let it play out but there are so many women, that’s not proof but it’s not great either. And now some of them are coming forward to make statements, again, it’s not proof but it looks really bad.

From the get go I thought something strange was going on. But this is too much to ignore. Nike's out.

But I agree with Far North......we have to wait for this all to play out. It looks bad, for sure but an accusation isn't a conviction.

I am really bummed because I always though Watson was a level headed kid. Of course we can never be sure because we don't know him personally but bummed just the same. There are all forms of addictions which don't allow a person to think with a clear head. Substance abuse, gambling, sex, etc.

FrantikRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
The accuser, while asking $100k not to sue, is "not doing this just for money."

Due process... presumption of innocence... wait until there are real facts (if that ever happens.)

Again, 100k isn't much money when considering that this seemed to affect her ability to work. Likely less than two years salary.

And we do have some facts - a $40 million QB goes through, apparently, 40 massage therapists over the years (counting the number who accuse and the number who have defended him), using Instagram to find them.

There are no facts that can help Watson here. He even apparently deleted some instagram messages.

The only facts that were missing are what the messages contained, whether all 22 women are colluding, or whether all 22 women were "asking for it".

The defense will obviously go with colluding, but that's been destroyed by the two accusers coming forward and the SI article from a woman who isn't even sueing him.

This isn't a normal situation - it's all he said she said. Even the messages likely won't prove everything he's being accused of. I doubt there's a "sorry I forced you to give me a blowjob" text. Anyone who wants to wait for this to play out before passing judgement has likely already decided, for whatever reason, that Watson is innocent.

Tano

Legend
From the get go I thought something strange was going on. But this is too much to ignore. Nike's out.

But I agree with Far North......we have to wait for this all to play out. It looks bad, for sure but an accusation isn't a conviction.

I am really bummed because I always though Watson was a level headed kid. Of course we can never be sure because we don't know him personally but bummed just the same. There are all forms of addictions which don't allow a person to think with a clear head. Substance abuse, gambling, sex, etc.
It definitely looks bad but I want to wait until the whole thing plays out.

Could this be a money grab? Maybe?

But it is not looking good for Watson and if he did these crimes, I would hope that he gets the full punishment from the law.

Tano

Legend
Again, 100k isn't much money when considering that this seemed to affect her ability to work. Likely less than two years salary.

And we do have some facts - a $40 million QB goes through, apparently, 40 massage therapists over the years (counting the number who accuse and the number who have defended him), using Instagram to find them.

There are no facts that can help Watson here. He even apparently deleted some instagram messages.

The only facts that were missing are what the messages contained, whether all 22 women are colluding, or whether all 22 women were "asking for it".

The defense will obviously go with colluding, but that's been destroyed by the two accusers coming forward and the SI article from a woman who isn't even sueing him.

This isn't a normal situation - it's all he said she said. Even the messages likely won't prove everything he's being accused of. I doubt there's a "sorry I forced you to give me a blowjob" text. Anyone who wants to wait for this to play out before passing judgement has likely already decided, for whatever reason, that Watson is innocent.
I have always been innocent until proven guilty type of guy.

But it definitely is not looking good for Watson.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
The ironic thing is...the Texans may come out of this looking better. They held their ground. Just because he got butthurt ;) over the team direction, that doesn't mean he gets to leave and allow some other team to benefit. If he doesn't want to play for the Texans and after all this, fuck off. He ruined his career and rep in just over a month.

Ellard80

Legend
Ugh. Just listened to the letter written by the second accuser (Lauren Baxley), which starts at the 32 minute mark. (From press conference video, linked in my post at top of this page). This was a "letter" that Baxley's therapist advised her to write, as if she were writing directly to Watson.

WOW!! what a freaking letter. Baxley is humiliated and hurt, but also enraged. Very powerful, very believable, very detailed.

At what point are we supposed to believe that all 22 women decided to completely fabricate these stories?

And all the corroborating evidence--the Instagram messages, showing he'd ask for pictures of what they looked like before he'd hire them?

I'll gladly hear out Watsons defense. Hardin is an extremely skilled lawyer. But we are beginning to see that there is a MOUNTAIN of evidence against him.

He is guilty... i mean.. strange things happen but.... it's just overwhelming against him right now. Appears that he has ruined his life and damaged and ruined the lives of many others....

Last edited:

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
Am I the only one who thinks that the 18 women standing up for him actually weakens his case?

Guy has the best physical therapists in the world at his disposal and he's used 40+ in his 4 years there? That's like a new one every 5 weeks.

So 2020 was the year of lockdown...

Is 2021 the year of the surprise twist?

FrantikRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I have always been innocent until proven guilty type of guy.

But it definitely is not looking good for Watson.

I don't mean this toward you specifically, but all people who say innocent until proven guilty.

When someone assaults someone in public, or kills someone, or shoots up a school - most people no longer abide by "innocent until proven guilty" anymore.

While there's a gap between murder and this situation, far too many people use innocent until proven guilty as a way to not believe the women that were harassed.

FrantikRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Am I the only one who thinks that the 18 women standing up for him actually weakens his case?

Guy has the best physical therapists in the world at his disposal and he's used 40+ in his 4 years there? That's like a new one every 5 weeks.

The best comment I saw regarding this was "this would be like if I robbed a bunch of banks but then had the banks I didn't rob talk about what a model customer I was"

Ram Ts

Hall of Fame
She wouldn’t even net 100k. You have to factor in the lawyers cut. Idk how much they agreed to but contingency fees are usually around 33%. Not to mention taxes.

Flint

Pro Bowler

That’s part of the weirdness, if I find a person who I believe does a good job for me, be it barber, masseuse, whatever, I go back to that guy. I want him or her to be successful so they stay in business, and they also get an idea what I like. Who wants to start with a new person all the time, unless maybe you have reason to think they no longer want you as a client. Just weird.

Da-Rock

Pro Bowler
I don't mean this toward you specifically, but all people who say innocent until proven guilty.

When someone assaults someone in public, or kills someone, or shoots up a school - most people no longer abide by "innocent until proven guilty" anymore.

While there's a gap between murder and this situation, far too many people use innocent until proven guilty as a way to not believe the women that were harassed.

The problem is assumption. Innocent until proven guilty is supposed to keep personal judgement away from the outcome. Your examples show how people react "emotionally" to a situation.

You see a man shoot someone in public and kill them. What does your emotional side tell you what happened versus your logical side?

We have all read stories where what we think happened didn't actually happen that way at all. I'm not going to get my facts from the media and social media in order to come to a conclusion about someone. I'll wait and get as much info as I can and then make a judgement..............................or, I'll just walk away from it.

Tano

Legend
The problem is assumption. Innocent until proven guilty is supposed to keep personal judgement away from the outcome. Your examples show how people react "emotionally" to a situation.

You see a man shoot someone in public and kill them. What does your emotional side tell you what happened versus your logical side?

We have all read stories where what we think happened didn't actually happen that way at all. I'm not going to get my facts from the media and social media in order to come to a conclusion about someone. I'll wait and get as much info as I can and then make a judgement..............................or, I'll just walk away from it.
Just like the example I gave where the Atlanta Security Guard was unfairly convicted by the media in the Atlanta Olympics Bombing when he actually saved thousands of lives. He was a hero and people were beating him up as he left grocery stores.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer

Well if its in public there are witnesses and video footage. CCTV or phones or w/e. Really can't escape that.

If it's a murder they can usually place a guy under suspicion, and you'll have evidence, often time DNA evidence. Sometimes witnesses. In other words proof is usually available pretty quick.

This was supposedly a private one on one thing with no witnesses (that I've read) and no proof. As to the whole believe/not believe the woman thing, I think its a huge double standard to not give the man the a chance to defend himself. The idea of having one side getting all the sympathy doesn't seem very fair from a court perspective. Even tho on this thing it looks awful for Deshaun Watson.

rams1fan

Pro Bowler
And Robert Kraft still owns the Patriots. Will be interesting if Watsons case evaporates like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.