Deshaun Watson Sexual Assault Allegation(s) Thread

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.
Status
Not open for further replies.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

Deshaun Watson’s lawyer: First plaintiff sought $100K before filing suit

https://search.yahoo.com/search?p=Deshaun Watson
Josh Alper
Wed, April 7, 2021, 7:12 AM

At a press conference at lawyer Tony Buzbee’s office on Tuesday, a woman named Ashley Solis revealed that she is the plaintiff in the first sexual assault lawsuit filed against Texans quarterback Deshaun Watson.

While it was the first time Solis publicly revealed her identity, it was not the first time Watson’s camp became aware that she was making those allegations. Watson’s lawyer Rusty Hardin released emails between Scott Gaffield, the general counsel for Watson’s agency Athletes First and Buzbee’s office regarding a demand of $100,000 to avoid the lawsuit while noting that Solis said she is not “doing this just for money.”

Hardin’s statement shares an email from Gaffield saying that they “don’t believe that the alleged facts show that Deshaun did anything wrong with regards to Ms. Solis” while asking “if Ms. Solis wanted to either help us understand the rationale behind the $100k demand or come back with a different figure.” It also includes Buzbee’s response from February 19.

“We made a legit demand. You rejected it,” Buzbee wrote. “We won’t be making another or bid against ourselves. We also won’t be having an extended dialogue about why you think your client did nothing wrong or how you want this to be a “learning” experience for your “high profile athlete,” as you refer to him. This is Houston, Texas. Perhaps you should find him a lawyer here so you can apprise both you and your client of the landscape here and who you are dealing with. Talk soon.”

Gaffield prepared a statement that was also included with the release from Hardin’s office.

“My email exchanges with Mr. Buzbee and [Buzbee’s associate] Ms. Brandfield-Harvey were very clear,” Gaffield wrote. “We did not think that the facts showed that Deshaun did anything wrong with their client. We believed then — and fully believe now — that Deshaun learned a lesson about putting himself in this type of situation by interacting with people he does not know. As the emails show, we were willing to continue discussions on Deshaun’s behalf to explore ways to prevent a lawsuit and a public spectacle. But Mr. Buzbee informed us that he was unwilling to do so. We expect that this matter will be resolved in court.”

nighttrain

Legend
Watson is not a nice guy, but neither is this first woman to come forward a homecoming sweetheart...
train

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

i'm not in it for the money but i want $100,000.

seriously man, how are we supposed to feel about this? i would like to understand the thinking behind this behaviour after an alleged assault because i don't understand it. probably because i've never been assaulted, so those who work with people that have been assaulted, can you please explain their thought process.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack

seriously man, how are we supposed to feel about this? i would like to understand the thinking behind this behaviour after an alleged assault because i don't understand it. probably because i've never been assaulted, so those who work with people that have been assaulted, can you please explain their thought process.

I'm confused also.

They ask for $100k based on their contention.

Watson's Atty at Athletes First ASKS why they think this is an appropriate number OR to furnish further evidence to substantiate such a number OR to come back with a better (meaning lower) number

Buzbee comes back with "FU, you didn't give us what we wanted right off the bat, so we're going to war"

Uh...what?

Buzbee's team isn't helping... as for this whole "try this in the court of public opinion" isn't gonna matter if they force a trial and they don't win... which is doubly harming if Watson did it... because there's yet another example of a rich person getting away with illegal behavior.

Anyway, it's descending into drama which means that's my exit... I'll wait to hear the verdict.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River

I won't even attempt to explain an individuals thought process, but I will say that I believe we live in extremely corrupt times, and when folks feel wronged, they often want their own pound of flesh because they see so many others getting away with rampant unethical behavior. Hell, often enough, you don't even need to feel wronged, people just want what they want and are willing to do most anything, it's so much easier than actually working for it.
What we might think of as 'normal' people, they commit petty crimes regularly, and they get away with it all the time, whether it be a girlfriend or wife that steals a lipstick, a couple walking out on a meal at a restaurant, a guy in a minor fender-bender that extends a medical issue and escapes a few weeks of work by wearing a neck brace and complaining about non-existent pain. You name it, there are a thousand ways a person can and will attempt to take the easy way out. I'm not saying everyone behaves this way, and i'm especially not suggesting that these women who are seeking monetary compensation for alleged crimes are out of line in any fashion, although I do see bad/criminal behavior in epidemic proportions, and it comes at a very steep societal cost. While young and growing up we expected family, politicians, cops, religious figures & government to be above reproach, but when these pillars fall, it's really easy to understand how murky the trail becomes for those prone to mischief.

Since I don't have all the facts, I can hardly blame someone for demanding $100,000. if they feel that's what they deserve, I don't know what kind of psychological damage was induced by Watson, if any, I don't know whether she had to leave her profession due to the mental scars she may have to deal with now. I will admit that I tend to believe these ladies just because of the sheer volume of accusers, but without cameras in the massage room, i'm not sure how they prove their case unless Watson has bragged about these exploits to others. jmo.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Just let it play out. He's presumed innocent - right? It may not look good but two lawyers spewing shit does not a guilty party or a money grubber make.

I for one hope he's innocent. But I can't know. If he IS innocent, I hope he can get past this. If not, I hope they all get a pound of flesh out of him.

TexasRam

Legend
Yes, because in an alternative universe it's only the seditionist fascists which are deserving of free speech rights guaranteed under our Constitution.

Free Speech must be protected for all. No one is arguing that point.

Violence, looting, destruction and killing from either side is not Free speech and is not protected.

The point I am making is the NFL is smart to stay out of this and let the legal process play out rather than taking a side.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
Free Speech must be protected for all. No one is arguing that point.

Violence, looting, destruction and killing from either side is not Free speech and is not protected.

The point I am making is the NFL is smart to stay out of this and let the legal process play out rather than taking a side.

That's fine, but you clearly made a different point in your previous post. I'm all in on @CGI_Ram's suggestion that we keep this thread on-track and move on ...

FrantikRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

The lawyer probably hasn't handled this well.

But if we assume that he's guilty for a second, and what she's saying is all true, 100k isn't enough to be "going after money".

For adults with debt and kids, $100k could be spent without even making a difference in my life. It's not enough to quit my job, not enough to pay off my house - I could pay off a car, and then I'd most likely invest the rest so I could retire in my 50s instead of my 60s. Don't get me wrong - I'd love 100k - but this is not millions of dollars.

That's me - without the trauma of this situation.

For her, if this had an impact on her working, then this would only make up for part of her salary for two years most likely. After that, despite this money, shed still be much worse off unless she's able to work as she did prior to the incident.

So IMO for this amount it's DEFINITELY not about the money.

If she

Ellard80

Legend
if they want money or not... doesn't really mean anything to me.

If he is guilty money is going to only be one of his many worries.

Boston Ram

Hall of Fame
What I don’t understand is why he has gone through 22 different massage therapists. It seems like a trend with this guy. If you find a good therapist doesn’t it make sense to stick with one?

When this first came out I thought it was all bull, but with this many women making claims I lean towards why does any NFL player have some many and I’m sure there is more.

It appears to be a pattern where he is going through lots of therapist from all over the place. All of them were not good enough to be his personal therapist?

I haven’t been following this story that closely but the more women that come forward really seem to indicate he is looking for more than a massages. Either that or he has very high standards to keep his body right lol

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
What I don’t understand is why he has gone through 22 different massage therapists. It seems like a trend with this guy. If you find a good therapist doesn’t it make sense to stick with one?

When this first came out I thought it was all bull, but with this many women making claims I lean towards why does any NFL player have some many and I’m sure there is more.

It appears to be a pattern where he is going through lots of therapist from all over the place. All of them were not good enough to be his personal therapist?

I haven’t been following this story that closely but the more women that come forward really seem to indicate he is looking for more than a massages. Either that or he has very high standards to keep his body right lol

There are 30 NFL teams

FarNorth

Hall of Fame

Deshaun Watson’s lawyer: First plaintiff sought $100K before filing suit

https://search.yahoo.com/search?p=Deshaun Watson
Josh Alper
Wed, April 7, 2021, 7:12 AM

At a press conference at lawyer Tony Buzbee’s office on Tuesday, a woman named Ashley Solis revealed that she is the plaintiff in the first sexual assault lawsuit filed against Texans quarterback Deshaun Watson.

While it was the first time Solis publicly revealed her identity, it was not the first time Watson’s camp became aware that she was making those allegations. Watson’s lawyer Rusty Hardin released emails between Scott Gaffield, the general counsel for Watson’s agency Athletes First and Buzbee’s office regarding a demand of $100,000 to avoid the lawsuit while noting that Solis said she is not “doing this just for money.”

Hardin’s statement shares an email from Gaffield saying that they “don’t believe that the alleged facts show that Deshaun did anything wrong with regards to Ms. Solis” while asking “if Ms. Solis wanted to either help us understand the rationale behind the $100k demand or come back with a different figure.” It also includes Buzbee’s response from February 19.

“We made a legit demand. You rejected it,” Buzbee wrote. “We won’t be making another or bid against ourselves. We also won’t be having an extended dialogue about why you think your client did nothing wrong or how you want this to be a “learning” experience for your “high profile athlete,” as you refer to him. This is Houston, Texas. Perhaps you should find him a lawyer here so you can apprise both you and your client of the landscape here and who you are dealing with. Talk soon.”

Gaffield prepared a statement that was also included with the release from Hardin’s office.

“My email exchanges with Mr. Buzbee and [Buzbee’s associate] Ms. Brandfield-Harvey were very clear,” Gaffield wrote. “We did not think that the facts showed that Deshaun did anything wrong with their client. We believed then — and fully believe now — that Deshaun learned a lesson about putting himself in this type of situation by interacting with people he does not know. As the emails show, we were willing to continue discussions on Deshaun’s behalf to explore ways to prevent a lawsuit and a public spectacle. But Mr. Buzbee informed us that he was unwilling to do so. We expect that this matter will be resolved in court.”

The accuser, while asking $100k not to sue, is "not doing this just for money."

Due process... presumption of innocence... wait until there are real facts (if that ever happens.)

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
I did have it right , but changed it.

I have been corrected

Oh wait - 32

Um...I think they were talking about massage therapists that Watson had gone through? What does having thirty-two NFL teams have to do with any of this?

FarNorth

Hall of Fame
Um...I think they were talking about massage therapists that Watson had gone through? What does having thirty-two NFL teams have to do with any of this?

So they can call it a conspiracy and sue all the teams too?

Status
Not open for further replies.