Deshaun Watson Sexual Assault Allegation(s) Thread

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.
Status
Not open for further replies.

FarNorth

Hall of Fame
[
I don't mean this toward you specifically, but all people who say innocent until proven guilty.

When someone assaults someone in public, or kills someone, or shoots up a school - most people no longer abide by "innocent until proven guilty" anymore.

While there's a gap between murder and this situation, far too many people use innocent until proven guilty as a way to not believe the women that were harassed.

If you are ever accused of a crime or serious misconduct you might change your mind. Especially in the possibly unlikely event that you might be falsely accused, or that what you are accused of turns out not to be a crime after all.

PARAM

Hall of Fame
That’s part of the weirdness, if I find a person who I believe does a good job for me, be it barber, masseuse, whatever, I go back to that guy. I want him or her to be successful so they stay in business, and they also get an idea what I like.

If everybody thought that way, many small businesses wouldn't falter. The idea "I like what you do so I want to help you stay in business" is beneficial to both parties. Yeah, waaaaay too many different women.

rams1fan

Pro Bowler
I remember that being brought up as a possibility but never heard if that was true or not.

from what i remember reading.
asian massage parlors are know to be rife with salve sex trafficking. That is why the florida police were staking the place out in the first place. Kraft lawyers go5 a judge to toss the evidence. Its preety obvious. Why would Kraft goto to a dinky asian massage parlor in a strip mall?

Ellard80

Legend
asian massage parlors are know to be rife with salve sex trafficking. That is why the florida police were staking the place out in the first place. Kraft lawyers go5 a judge to toss the evidence. Its preety obvious. Why would Kraft goto to a dinky asian massage parlor in a strip mall?

k.. yeah i know he went there for handies...

that was obvious.. if they were "slaves" or not I never saw that confirmed.

FrantikRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Well if its in public there are witnesses and video footage. CCTV or phones or w/e. Really can't escape that.

If it's a murder they can usually place a guy under suspicion, and you'll have evidence, often time DNA evidence. Sometimes witnesses. In other words proof is usually available pretty quick.

This was supposedly a private one on one thing with no witnesses (that I've read) and no proof. As to the whole believe/not believe the woman thing, I think its a huge double standard to not give the man the a chance to defend himself. The idea of having one side getting all the sympathy doesn't seem very fair from a court perspective. Even tho on this thing it looks awful for Deshaun Watson.

I would contend that the facts added up equal more damning evidence than video would (even with a video he could say something like "she said it was okay and then changed her mind" for most of the accusations). However, there's no logical defense for the combination of the number of therapists and using Instagram to find them.

It is a double standard but here's the problem:

Most of the time, women are telling the truth. Like, almost all the time. There are a tiny, miniscule number of cases where a woman is lying about this.

Throughout history, women have consistently not been believed and
Innocent until proven guilty is one of the main reasons why - the encounters are almost always private and if they don't report it immediately, which is common, there's no evidence.

Which is why anything to do with sexual assault has shifted.

There's a small chance he's innocent and if so I'll admit I was wrong. But in terms of public sympathy, he deserves none. Even if he is innocent, he put himself in a bad situation which is something that 99.9999999% of QBs have managed to avoid.

rams1fan

Pro Bowler
k.. yeah i know he went there for handies...

that was obvious.. if they were "slaves" or not I never saw that confirmed.
And there has been no evidence if any sexial acts between watson and his therapists were not consentual. I mean if watson said would you give me a bj and she did why is that not consentual

Ellard80

Legend
And there has been no evidence if any sexial acts between watson and his therapists were not consentual. I mean if watson said would you give me a bj and she did why is that not consentual

between 20 and 30 woman have given testimony that it was not consensual - testimony is a form of evidence.

rams1fan

Pro Bowler
between 20 and 30 woman have given testimoney that it was not consentual - testimony is a form of evidence.
What testimony specifically stated watson forced them? I have here he exposed himslelf, made sexual innuendos.

Ellard80

Legend
What testimony specifically stated watson forced them? I have here he exposed himslelf, made sexual innuendos.

you haven't read the statements i can see.

You can read up some more - im not going to detail everything... one thing he commonly did was roll over with his erect penis and make sure it touched them... that was one of his alleged common tactics that many of them have repeated.

Ellard80

Legend
I would contend that the facts added up equal more damning evidence than video would (even with a video he could say something like "she said it was okay and then changed her mind" for most of the accusations). However, there's no logical defense for the combination of the number of therapists and using Instagram to find them.

It is a double standard but here's the problem:

Most of the time, women are telling the truth. Like, almost all the time. There are a tiny, miniscule number of cases where a woman is lying about this.

Throughout history, women have consistently not been believed and
Innocent until proven guilty is one of the main reasons why - the encounters are almost always private and if they don't report it immediately, which is common, there's no evidence.

Which is why anything to do with sexual assault has shifted.

There's a small chance he's innocent and if so I'll admit I was wrong. But in terms of public sympathy, he deserves none. Even if he is innocent, he put himself in a bad situation which is something that 99.9999999% of QBs have managed to avoid.

yeah the sheer number of woman saying similar stories about his behavior is damning.

Shuie3225

Starter
Crazy how this thread has literally 4-5x the posts that other Rams off-season and draft threads have. A microcosm of society today and the desire to virtue signal and show outrage when very few facts are known. The energy people spend thinking and arguing about things online that don't affect their life is a sad reality of today's world.

XXXIVwin

Hall of Fame
Crazy how this thread has literally 4-5x the posts that other Rams off-season and draft threads have. A microcosm of society today and the desire to virtue signal and show outrage when very few facts are known. The energy people spend thinking and arguing about things online that don't affect their life is a sad reality of today's world.
Couldn't disagree more with this post.

IMHO "virtue signaling" is a completely loaded political term and doesn't belong here. Speaking for myself, I find the 3 detailed allegations I have read/watched to be credible, and therefore I think Watson's behavior to be gross and yes, harmful. That's not "virtue signaling", that's just expressing an opinion.

As for the "sad reality" that ppl "spend energy thinking and arguing about things online that don't affect their lives," I disagree with that too. What the hell is wrong with spending time thinking about something that is interesting? If ppl were only concerned with the things that directly affected their own lives, the world would be pretty damn boring.

XXXIVwin

Hall of Fame
For those of you saying "let's see the facts first," please know that there are a number of pieces of evidence already in the public domain. Three accusers have already spoken out and described their allegations in detail. (Ms. Solis, Ms. Baxley, and the as-of-now anonymous source for the SI article).

In addition, they've released a number of texts and IG messages. Some are messages between Deshaun and the masseuses. Others are messages between various masseuses complaining (at the time, before the lawsuits) about Deshaun's behavior.

IMHO these texts are extremely damaging, and go a long way to corroborate the allegations. Read them for yourself in the link below.

Robert

Rookie
For those of you saying "let's see the facts first," please know that there are a number of pieces of evidence already in the public domain. Three accusers have already spoken out and described their allegations in detail. (Ms. Solis, Ms. Baxley, and the as-of-now anonymous source for the SI article).

In addition, they've released a number of texts and IG messages. Some are messages between Deshaun and the masseuses. Others are messages between various masseuses complaining (at the time, before the lawsuits) about Deshaun's behavior.

IMHO these texts are extremely damaging, and go a long way to corroborate the allegations. Read them for yourself in the link below.

Well some of those message were apparently out of context according to his longtime therapist. https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.kh...tson/285-025a4385-24f4-4ba6-abbe-7aa026617147

XXXIVwin

Hall of Fame

Ellard80

Legend

But.... arguing about if Jared Goff sucks or not doesn't affect anyones lives either - probably less than this story.

Tano

Legend
This is about a very good QB who may have done things wrong so football fans are going to discuss this.

If an unknown person had done the same exact thing - I doubt it would even show up in the papers other than a small paragraph.

When stuff happens to famous people, people discuss it. I don't think it is a bad thing at all to discuss issues that don't affect your life as long as you don't get extreme about it.

Everquest (Evercrack) is a good example. Everquest is an online game that people play to relieve the daily stresses of your life. Very enjoyable game to play - old now though. Very harmless game for the most part. However, there were certain situations where people took the game to the extreme and played non-stop for hours that eventually took their toll on the person's life - lost jobs, divorces, in certain extreme instances - their physical health where they either died or came close to dying.

Same thing with this - as long as people discuss issues reasonably and not get into actual mental jabs with each other, then discussing any issue is fine - reduces the stress and relieves possible boredom of real life. However, a small percentage of people will take these discussions personally and allow it to affect their real life.

I just hope everyone takes anything people say on this forum with a grain of salt and not allow any personal attacks to affect their real life. If you have to - put them on ignore.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.