Deshaun Watson Sexual Assault Allegation(s) Thread

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
It just feels like the 9ers are gonna get this guy. I hate that and it terrifies me. Let's go Panthers make that deal.

SWAdude

And don't call me Shirley
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
John
Kind of feels like the law is going to get this guy.

Stuff like this gets you permanently kicked out of the NFL.

Maybe why the Texans didn't want to deal a guy and have to manage the potential shit storm to follow.

Tyrods signing makes perfect sense now.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
It just feels like the 9ers are gonna get this guy. I hate that and it terrifies me. Let's go Panthers make that deal.
Maybe the only organization he'll be playing for is the Mean Machine in the Texas Penal League? He might get a 20 year deal in Huntsville.....

Ballhawk

Please don't confuse my experience for pessimism!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
NPW
Sounds like he has a future in politics!

TexasRam

Legend
Texans: Hey Deshaun, about that trade request. Yea we been thinking we
Just want you to be happy so.

On a serious note. It’s really sad to see this guy go down like this. If true. Everyone deserves due process and it wouldn’t be the first time fake accusations were made to suck some money out of a rich person. But dude is in deep water now.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
Texans: Hey Deshaun, about that trade request. Yea we been thinking we
Just want you to be happy so.

On a serious note. It’s really sad to see this guy go down like this. If true. Everyone deserves due process and it wouldn’t be the first time fake accusations were made to suck some money out of a rich person. But dude is in deep water now.

Well, something was sucked out of someone. Evidence, where'd that go ?

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
I don't know. Tyreek Hill is still playing. Big Ben is still playing. No one is even criminally investigating this at all.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
I'm normally quite firmly in the "believe her" camp.

However... this just stinks of the Houston good ol' boy network working with this lawyer to ensure that Watson stays.

My mom was the COO of a legal outplacement firm in Houston and the stories of the really fucked up things that go on in those legal circles in Houston are just that... fucked up.

If he did it, he absolutely should be held accountable. Still, I find it incredulous that the time period is such that if guilty, specifically the date ranges start in March 2020, prior to the team exercising his fifth year option, would give the team substantial leverage which they currently lack.

Funny that.

Why is this an issue? Well, if he knew of something and didn't alert the team, they could come back at him for fraud when he signed the big contract.

And I bet behind the scenes, there's a "hey... why don't you drop this whole trade thing and we'll make this whole thing go away"... which is another way of becoming someone who can be forever blackmailed.

If anything, he should fight this with everything and gtfo b/c these assholes just showed that they're willing to ruin a guy if that's what it takes to assert control.

If I were a player, Houston went from a "do not stop here" to "Chernobyl".

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I try to at least maintain the "innocent until proven guilty" thing. But to be fair that also requires lack of judgment with the accuser too and sometimes doing both is tough.

Either way if this keeps him from going to SF it works in our favor whether it's true or not.

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
All 3 victims using the same lawyer. I wonder how that came to be. Do these victims know each other? Did the lawyer go find them? Did he take out an ad - "have you been the victim of a Deshaun Watson sexual assault? If so, call this number."

Unless they have some corroboration, I'm not seeing this go very far.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I'm normally quite firmly in the "believe her" camp.

However... this just stinks of the Houston good ol' boy network working with this lawyer to ensure that Watson stays.

My mom was the COO of a legal outplacement firm in Houston and the stories of the really fucked up things that go on in those legal circles in Houston are just that... fucked up.

If he did it, he absolutely should be held accountable. Still, I find it incredulous that the time period is such that if guilty, specifically the date ranges start in March 2020, prior to the team exercising his fifth year option, would give the team substantial leverage which they currently lack.

Funny that.

Why is this an issue? Well, if he knew of something and didn't alert the team, they could come back at him for fraud when he signed the big contract.

And I bet behind the scenes, there's a "hey... why don't you drop this whole trade thing and we'll make this whole thing go away"... which is another way of becoming someone who can be forever blackmailed.

If anything, he should fight this with everything and gtfo b/c these assholes just showed that they're willing to ruin a guy if that's what it takes to assert control.

If I were a player, Houston went from a "do not stop here" to "Chernobyl".
You don't really know that, Mac. I lived in a small town near Houston for a couple of years in the 70's and what you are describing is closer to that timeframe than today. It certainly WAS a good ole boys network, but now, I don't recognize it as such. Watson may not be too bright and thought just getting out of state was the right thing to do and not thinking out the consequences of that. We don't know jack shyte right now except that charges have been leveled against him..

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2022 TOP Member
People are innocent until proven guilty and accusers are truthful until proven not. Story sucks and anything we say here is just speculation. I've always liked the player and hope this isn't true.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
Kraft got off, I imagine Watson will too. If this is on a credit card, curious what the tip might be as this could explain a higher degree of 'services'.

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
Innocent until proven guilty is for the criminal system, these are civil matters.

On the good old boys network - it may be worth mentioning that the lawyer who has filed each of these 3 suits was a neighbor of Bob McNair a few years back and is a big enough fan of the team that he once put up a billboard trying to persuade the Texans to draft Manziel.

Status
Not open for further replies.