Deshaun Watson Sexual Assault Allegation(s) Thread

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ReekofRams

Hall of Fame
Name
Reek
Either way this situation will not turn out good. If the claims are proven true then Watson’s life will be ruined. If DeShaun is proven innocent then those who made the false claims will find that their lives too will be ruined.

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
Either way this situation will not turn out good. If the claims are proven true then Watson’s life will be ruined. If DeShaun is proven innocent then those who made the false claims will find that their lives too will be ruined.

More likely is we never know. Nothing gets proven. Some people always look at him side eyed and other people go to their graves believing that he was set up. I do not - for one second - believe that this will stop him from playing in the NFL. We have seen too many players whose careers went right on ahead with allegations like these and worse.

fearsomefour

Legend
I'm normally quite firmly in the "believe her" camp.

However... this just stinks of the Houston good ol' boy network working with this lawyer to ensure that Watson stays.

My mom was the COO of a legal outplacement firm in Houston and the stories of the really fucked up things that go on in those legal circles in Houston are just that... fucked up.

If he did it, he absolutely should be held accountable. Still, I find it incredulous that the time period is such that if guilty, specifically the date ranges start in March 2020, prior to the team exercising his fifth year option, would give the team substantial leverage which they currently lack.

Funny that.

Why is this an issue? Well, if he knew of something and didn't alert the team, they could come back at him for fraud when he signed the big contract.

And I bet behind the scenes, there's a "hey... why don't you drop this whole trade thing and we'll make this whole thing go away"... which is another way of becoming someone who can be forever blackmailed.

If anything, he should fight this with everything and gtfo b/c these assholes just showed that they're willing to ruin a guy if that's what it takes to assert control.

If I were a player, Houston went from a "do not stop here" to "Chernobyl".
There is no reason to be in any camp unless personally involved.
To be is just presumption.

fearsomefour

Legend
Why any public figure would go for anything or bring anyone into their atmosphere without witnesses or cameras etc is beyond me.
How a young, well known guy is supposed to get laid now is beyond me.
Of course, unless he’s guilty.....that would certainly explain the lack of witnesses etc.
There is a reason famous men go to prostitutes.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Well if its actually true that he did this, and ultimately has to be prosecuted?
I hope he gets traded to the 49ers first

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Watson very well could be guilty. Other players have in the past.

But is it possible that some other team could pay these three women to come out against him to decrease his value?

Maybe I’ve been watching too many shows like the blacklist

Zodi

Hall of Fame

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer

If it's the latter this will always stick with him. Just Brett Favre, Ben Roethlisberger, Ray Lewis etc.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Nine accusers? Yeah, that’s a pattern.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
The New England Patriots
BFB7E810-A2AE-422B-88E8-5AAE0272C978.jpeg

There’s an APB out for a homeless man that fits this description in the Houston area.

RamsFanCK

HAIL ME
This smells really fishy to me. Seems like its happening at a very convenient time for some people now doesn’t it.

That being said, if he is guilty...damn Deshaun..wtf

Last edited:

tklongball

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I hated to even post this, and I tried not to come off as being on either side, since I know nothing about any of the details, and I don't have a dog in this fight. On one hand, I know that there are lots of people out there that are looking to make a quick easy buck, and don't mind ruining someone else's life if the opportunity to do so arises. On the other hand, there are shitty people in the world, who have money and power and use it to take advantage of those who don't. And, lots of top prospects have all their messes cleaned up for them their whole lives. They never suffer the consequences of their actions, and just learn that they can get away with it; until they can't. Either way, man I hat to see stories like this. Hopefully, true justice is served in this one, whatever that may be.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
OJ seemed pretty squeeky clean at USC and Buffalo and MNF, before Nicole was butchered in her driveway....*smh

Uh...no.

My mom knew OJ well enough that she walked up to HER in the bank once to say hi. So, not friends, but def acquaintances enough that he went to say hi to her.

He had tons of issues. He was also super unstable and both he and Nicole engaged in some really fucked up shit to harm one another. Their blowups were legendary.

They both did things not just to harm the other, but to drive the other mental. And it was known among those who remotely knew him.

Absolutely NOT saying she deserved anything. Far from it.

If anything, there were folks who were concerned for BOTH of them, worried that it could end in something horrible... and it did.

The fact that it was before social media doesn't mean that OJ was squeaky clean. Far from it. We also didn't believe women then. Even 10 years after The Burning Bed and stuff that would today have put OJ in jail was ignored "as a civil matter".

This is quite different. There are already folks coming out who've known Watson for many years and this is antithetical to everything he's about.

Couple that with the fact that the lawyer makes Saul Goodman look like a professor of ethics and there is reason to doubt.

I'm not saying he's innocent. I'm saying that it's awfully convenient that these lawsuits coincide with his desire to be traded and I'm sure the hope is that no teams will want to trade for him with pending sexual assault charges... and you can bet that the team would be only too happy to "stand behind Deshaun Watson during this time while an investigation is under way" until after this year because next year, Watson's cap number makes it that much harder to trade him.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Uh...no.

My mom knew OJ well enough that she walked up to HER in the bank once to say hi. So, not friends, but def acquaintances enough that he went to say hi to her.

He had tons of issues. He was also super unstable and both he and Nicole engaged in some really fucked up shit to harm one another. Their blowups were legendary.

They both did things not just to harm the other, but to drive the other mental. And it was known among those who remotely knew him.

Absolutely NOT saying she deserved anything. Far from it.

If anything, there were folks who were concerned for BOTH of them, worried that it could end in something horrible... and it did.

The fact that it was before social media doesn't mean that OJ was squeaky clean. Far from it. We also didn't believe women then. Even 10 years after The Burning Bed and stuff that would today have put OJ in jail was ignored "as a civil matter".

This is quite different. There are already folks coming out who've known Watson for many years and this is antithetical to everything he's about.

Couple that with the fact that the lawyer makes Saul Goodman look like a professor of ethics and there is reason to doubt.

I'm not saying he's innocent. I'm saying that it's awfully convenient that these lawsuits coincide with his desire to be traded and I'm sure the hope is that no teams will want to trade for him with pending sexual assault charges... and you can bet that the team would be only too happy to "stand behind Deshaun Watson during this time while an investigation is under way" until after this year because next year, Watson's cap number makes it that much harder to trade him.
operative word in my statement was "seemed" squeeky clean. I was 4-5 years old when OJ played at USC. Even though I lived in LA until 1975-76, I didn't read much besides Cat in the Hat and the sports scores. No gossip or crap like that. I lived in Houston area in the late 70's when sports news was very regional. I lived on 3 line box scores about the Rams for a few years. When he was in Buffalo, I didn't hear much about him except when he broke 2000 yards. I never heard sports interested adults talk about OJ and I didn't read magazines if they spoke about his faults. When I saw him after that was on Hertz commercials and on Monday Night Football and the couple of movies he was in. So to me from that perspective, he seemed clean. Your experience differs.

Status
Not open for further replies.