DeSean Jackson’s contract with Rams - $2.75 million plus incentives

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
Trying to think of the name of the WR who was a speed guy with bad hands that made a career out of moving from team to team.
Think he had stops in Miami, Arizona, Chicago etc.

You don't mean the other Coop, do you ?
As in Pharoh ?

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
Trying to think of the name of the WR who was a speed guy with bad hands that made a career out of moving from team to team.
Think he had stops in Miami, Arizona, Chicago etc.
Tedd Ginn Jr?

BatteringRambo

Inked Gym Rat Stoner
Name
J.Fo
(Tedd Ginn did pretty well for his time with the Saints, I believe) I could be wrong I'm a Rams fan not Asshole Face fan.

Rams43

Hall of Fame
About Terrell Williams...

Very intriguing to me. And the Covid cap reduction might force him to take a 1 year reasonable salary.

Doable, iow.

FarNorth

Hall of Fame
Yeah that's the guy. The dude kept getting deep threat jobs every year but didn't do squat.

Really I like Jackson better than any of these guys if he's healthy and motivated. Jackson could always play. Imo he had or has more than just deep speed. Elusiveness. Ability to get open on different routes and catch the ball. Then a threat to break it.

Seems to me that he fits McVay's bill. They know each other. McVay said he was looking for speed to stretch the field but not just a deep threat. If they can work the contract I think this may happen.

I would like the chances for our offense and Matt Stafford much better if they can sign Jackson and he can still play.

El Chapo Jr

Hall of Fame
Really I like Jackson better than any of these guys if he's healthy and motivated. Jackson could always play. Imo he had or has more than just deep speed. Elusiveness. Ability to get open on different routes and catch the ball. Then a threat to break it.

Seems to me that he fits McVay's bill. They know each other. McVay said he was looking for speed to stretch the field but not just a deep threat. If they can work the contract I think this may happen.

I would like the chances for our offense and Matt Stafford much better if they can sign Jackson and he can still play.
Imma come out and give my thought about Jackson again lol

View: https://giphy.com/gifs/eXQPwwE8DFTZS

PARAM

Hall of Fame
The more I read the posts on this thread, the more acceptable DJ sounds. Older? Sure, but he's still got wheels. More than just a deep threat? Yup, he has the ability to get open all over the field. A reasonable deal to return to Cali, reunite with McVay and a gunslinger QB? Absolutely. Anything more than a friendly deal and we should pass.

As far as a PR, in certain situations, yes. He hasn't been the normal PR but when Philly needed a big return, they'd stick him back there. He's actually a perfect fit.

Won't be needed to play 50% of the snaps, so he should be a bargain AND remain healthy. And if you need a good return late in a game, give him a shot.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
The more I read the posts on this thread, the more acceptable DJ sounds. Older? Sure, but he's still got wheels. More than just a deep threat? Yup, he has the ability to get open all over the field. A reasonable deal to return to Cali, reunite with McVay and a gunslinger QB? Absolutely. Anything more than a friendly deal and we should pass.

As far as a PR, in certain situations, yes. He hasn't been the normal PR but when Philly needed a big return, they'd stick him back there. He's actually a perfect fit.

Won't be needed to play 50% of the snaps, so he should be a bargain AND remain healthy. And if you need a good return late in a game, give him a shot.

I am into this camp too.

PR.... could be interesting.

MachS

Hall of Fame

Yea it's kind of insane to me the hate DJax is getting around here. Worrying about his health is understandable, but comparing guys like Ross, Ted Ginn, Tyrell Williams to him? Uhh what? People forget DeSean was one of the better WRs in this league for a long time. And for a while the best deep ball WR threat hands down. I'd venture to say when its all said and done he's a top-5 deep threat WR ever. His speed, hands, and ability to track the ball are all elite.

If he's healthy and we can get him for cheap he's got to be the best option. I wonder if we will trade Kupp however and try to get Golloday/Robinson
/Godwin/Fuller.

Soul Surfer

Legend
Name
Charles Mazyck
He's from LA and near retirement. They'll sign him on a cheap deal to be the #4 WR. If he gets hurt, he gets hurt. He's not going to be counted on to be the guy.
If by, "cheap deal" you mean vet minimum, I could see that.

Soul Surfer

Legend
Name
Charles Mazyck
Even the name DeSean Jackson we'll get him double-teamed when he's on the field.

And we know what Kupp and Woods can do as single covered secondary receivers.

I kind of like it. :cool:

ottoman89

Busch Light slammin, hog farmin, Iowa boy.
Name
Josh Otto
Even the name DeSean Jackson we'll get him double-teamed when he's on the field.

And we know what Kupp and Woods can do as single covered secondary receivers.

I kind of like it. :cool:
Yeah, but the problem is he's not healthy enough to be on the field 75% of the time.

Tano

Legend
Yeah, but the problem is he's not healthy enough to be on the field 75% of the time.
Personally I would see him as a 3rd and long WR with maybe from time to time Second and short

Are they going to run it for the first down or will they throw deep to Jackson on that second and short play

Keep defenses guessing

El Chapo Jr

Hall of Fame
Yea it's kind of insane to me the hate DJax is getting around here. Worrying about his health is understandable, but comparing guys like Ross, Ted Ginn, Tyrell Williams to him? Uhh what? People forget DeSean was one of the better WRs in this league for a long time. And for a while the best deep ball WR threat hands down. I'd venture to say when its all said and done he's a top-5 deep threat WR ever. His speed, hands, and ability to track the ball are all elite.

If he's healthy and we can get him for cheap he's got to be the best option. I wonder if we will trade Kupp however and try to get Golloday/Robinson
/Godwin/Fuller.
Not hating on him, just don't think the older version of DJ will do much for us based on his recent injury history. Best ability is availability and he hasn't had that in some time.

MachS

Hall of Fame
Not hating on him, just don't think the older version of DJ will do much for us based on his recent injury history. Best ability is availability and he hasn't had that in some time.

He'd likely sign for a vet minimum or very small contract. Yes he's been hurt recently but he did come back week week 16 last year and caught an 81yard TD. He's the definition of a low risk/high reward signing. I'd bet coming to California weather and only being asked to play a limited roll for McVay would keep him a lot more healthy, versus being on the field every snap.

My point is Tyrell Williams is hurt non stop, will cost more money and hasn't proven much in this league. Ross is a joke. Agholor will cost a lot more money. TY Hilton will cost a lot more money. I think our only legit options for cheap deep threats are DJax or Perriman. And I would prefer DJax. We will likely draft a rookie speed WR as well. This is all assuming we dont trade Kupp and go after a bigger name #1 WR type. Which I think is a legit possibility.

socalmab

UDFA
My issue and maybe it was blown up was the crowd he hangs with or his entourage. I seem to recall an issue with gangs and also with tweeting out some anti semetic stuff. Maybe I am thinking of someone else. The Rams seem to have a bunch of solid citizens