DeSean Jackson’s contract with Rams - $2.75 million plus incentives

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

TheTackle

Pro Bowler
Nobody is going to pay him much. He'll take a cheap deal, or we won't sign him. It's that simple. I have no issue with it. He's worth a cheap contract.

If healthy, he will catch the ball once he gets underneath it. That is the problem with targeting a player such as Ross who will cost a lot more money but is nowhere near the WR Jackson is. That said, I would expect them to run him through his paces first

MachS

Hall of Fame
Yea it's not just his speed, it's his ability to track the ball deep. One of the best ever to do it. If he's playing limited snaps for us in Cali weather he should be able to stay healthy. Plus it let's us develop Jefferson too. With the Washington connection between him and McVay I think this is very likely to happen. He's better than Ross, Perriman, Agholar. And should be cheap too.

ottoman89

Busch Light slammin, hog farmin, Iowa boy.
Name
Josh Otto
People realize he's 34, and can't stay healthy right?

dang

Legend
The more I read about Jefferson the more I see he has the speed to stretch the field. McVay and the Rams know what they have in Jefferson. If that’s the case what the Rams need is a strong red zone target who can high point the ball against a defender. I’ve zeroed in their on someone like Marvin Jones or Tyrell Williams but don’t think we have the $$$. Maybe a Perriman?

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
The more I read about Jefferson the more I see he has the speed to stretch the field. McVay and the Rams know what they have in Jefferson. If that’s the case what the Rams need is a strong red zone target who can high point the ball against a defender. I’ve zeroed in their on someone like Marvin Jones or Tyrell Williams but don’t think we have the $$$. Maybe a Perriman?
Perriman is a guy who was a Tyrell Williams type last off season. A guy looking for an opportunity that would allow him to elevate to a #1-#2 role. And it did not work out well. So he's got to be real about being a 3-4 guy.
Assuming the Rams dont trade Woods, Kupp or Jefferson, Perriman could fit.
That said, if money is the same, I'd take the flyer on Djax over Perriman. Just his experience alone could be a huge benefit to the WR core. Getting deep is more than just speed so who better to mentor than DJax?

SuperMan28

Hall of Fame
Yea man some of our drafts back then were so bad. I love drafting WRs and that one hurt . Also drafting Tavon Austin over DeAndre Hopkins and Keenan Allen still pisses me off. His college tape was great but after seeing how it played out just sucks.

Yeah, huge whiffs.

-Greg Robinson over Sammy Watkins

Jason Smith was really bad but the 09 draft was trash in general. Funny how that can change because the 2011 draft was loaded with talent. Just never know.

…..

Legend
Low expectations, high possible return. Its not like we need him to be the offensive captain. Just need him to take the top of the defense without pulling a hammy. Id be good with it.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Low expectations, high possible return. Its not like we need him to be the offensive captain. Just need him to take the top of the defense without pulling a hammy. Id be good with it.

He doesn’t deserve to be a RAM. I say F”HIM!!! If he is McVays boy then that’s on him. Still no business being a Ram.

…..

Legend
He doesn’t deserve to be a RAM. I say F”HIM!!! If he is McVays boy then that’s on him. Still no business being a Ram.
I mean ...you seem pretty passionate lol

So to clarify, you would vote no?:giggle:

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
tenor.png

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter

Just his history & past.He Hated The Rams growing up as welly I believe.
The Rams need youth as well.If it happens I’m down with it.Cool with it,but would be seriously pissed if he showed disrespect or is disrespectful.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Back in the day I was really into the draft & The Rams.Billy D. or JZ still ?

In 2006 wanted Jay Cutler.Bulger singed a big contract,or last year
of his contract? Just thought it was time to move on.Would have put pressure on Bulger & given The Rams trade value. His issue was diabetes though. Ngata as well.Always a fan of the trade back,but not 2006.Tory Holt was a Ty Hill guy & was getting into being a Draftnik guy with Corey Chavous?? Corey use to actually be on TV draft days like NFL network??
That was actually when Whitworth was drafted.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
In 2008 I want The Rams to draft Matt Ryan at number 2.I wanted them to trade SJ39.It was actually my post name.tradeSj39 with stltoday.

SJ39 was coming off one of the NFL best All-Purpose seasons in History.
The Rams could have had Dallas’s first round draft picks.
My point on Matt Ryan was Arthur Blank needed a QB. Atlanta was in the Middle of M.Vick thing.Matt Ryan was one of The Toughest QB’s & talented QB’s I’d ever seen. Better than Flute from BC. He was playing for a National Championship #1 ranking back in the day against I believe FSU & he was Yakking on the sideline. Came back in & threw a go ahead TD in the 4th qrt.They lost & season went to crap.
—His trade value was huge & Atlanta would have had to PAY The Rams Bigtime!!

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
2008 draft

The Rams took Donnie Avery at Number 33
I wanted DeSean Jackson at 25 with The Cowboy’s 25th pick.
So I drank from there until The Rams picked or DJ was drafted.
Had a 30 pack of those beers ?
9 beers one beer for each pick.

Donnie Avery was the first WR picked.Maybe it was until the first WR was picked.I just know I drank from 25 until 33. I think I would have kept going if The Rams took another position player now that I’m looking back.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
I’ll add what Les Snead has done is Unbelievable. That RG111 trade was incredible. I wanted Les Snead to Trade the Number 2 Pick overall instead of Drafting anyone at 2.

Aaron Donald was not on my top 10 list. Brian Quick always comes back to mind with DeSean Jackson though.

Donnie Avery & Brian Quick were the Top WR’s taking in each of there drafts.

Tavon Austin as well.To trade up for a 165 pound WR is crazy.#8 overall.

Les Snead got lucky with Copper Kupp.Josh Reynolds was not bad either Comparing.
Add Robert Woods comparisons to Tavon Austin as a Ram & the 2013 draft.