DeSean Jackson’s contract with Rams - $2.75 million plus incentives

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
I’ve enjoyed watching him as a player & drank like 20’natural lights until he was drafted.
200w.webp

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Did he kidnap your dog or something?
No shot my Dog walker..

DJ went to Cal instead of SC. The Rams Billy D. didn’t want turds.DJ was a good kid from Poly & stood alone on his college career.He wanted to Play baseball. I give him Props.
That Ganster BS Sucked. He was a excellent young prospect.His dad had or was just dying as well.
Like I said in my first post.It is on Sean Mcvay if he wants DeSean Jackson. He knows him as a player & as a person.I’m not a Hater,but would hate to see him as a Ram Now.

Last edited:

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter

Sorry 9 Natural Lights in a row. At least 5 before that. Drank over 20 during the draft. Back in the day The first Day was Saturday with 3 rounds. Rough draft.

Before there was like 21 rounds in a weekend. Going 40 days & 40 nights without right now.Just check myself.
Cheers

TheTackle

Pro Bowler
Terrell Williams tore up our secondary a few years back. I wonder if he will be available on a cheap deal? When healthy he is a difference over the top and can high point the ball. I haven’t watched much of him since he left the chargers but liked him coming out and thought he could have been something with Rivers

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Why not. If he comes in and has an impact in the passing game like Brandon Lloyd did for us years ago, then great. If he doesn’t, then whatever. I’ll sign him on Madden, and let you know how he does. Because that’s really the true measure of how successful any of these trades can actually be.

El Chapo Jr

Hall of Fame
Since we are talking about old injured WRs, would you consider AJ Green on one year deal if he were willing to take the vet minimum over DJ? Just curious, not stomping for it at all

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Since we are talking about old injured WRs, would you consider AJ Green on one year deal if he were willing to take the vet minimum over DJ? Just curious, not stomping for it at all
Not really, Rams arent short on talent on WR, they have really good/great ones. AJ Green would be merely redundant to what Woods/Kupp can do. Djax brings a dimension seemingly missing from the Rams arsenal, Green would not

jap

Legend
Not really, Rams arent short on talent on WR, they have really good/great ones. AJ Green would be merely redundant to what Woods/Kupp can do. Djax brings a dimension seemingly missing from the Rams arsenal, Green would not

Yes, DJax is the Warp Five factor.

…..

Legend
Imo- Green is a mere shell of his former self. No speed, cant seperate. Wether thats due to injuries, age, or being out of shape i dunno. But thats how he looked last time I saw him.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis

Rams need a burner, Green is not it....Jackson makes sense from that standpoint.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Terrell Williams tore up our secondary a few years back. I wonder if he will be available on a cheap deal? When healthy he is a difference over the top and can high point the ball. I haven’t watched much of him since he left the chargers but liked him coming out and thought he could have been something with Rivers

I felt the same. He is coming off a serious injury that caused him to miss a bunch of time. The Raiders released him. I felt that he’d be in position to sign a prove it deal. Some here think he’d only sign for starter money and a starter’s role. I just don’t see why any team would be willing to commit to that after he missed so much time. Which team would rely on him being a starter?

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Rams need a burner, Green is not it....Jackson makes sense from that standpoint.

how good is D. Jackson as a PR guy now? The Rams are trying to add on special teams.Back in the day he was one of the best PR guys in football.
Imo AJ Green is done.Would not have him on this Rams Roster.

den-the-coach

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
how good is D. Jackson as a PR guy now? The Rams are trying to add on special teams.Back in the day he was one of the best PR guys in football.
Imo AJ Green is done.Would not have him on this Rams Roster.

Jackson has returned punts in the past for great success, however, I don't see them putting Jackson back there if he's signed, I look for them to add someone with return capabilities in the draft.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Jackson has returned punts in the past for great success, however, I don't see them putting Jackson back there if he's signed, I look for them to add someone with return capabilities in the draft.

If that’s the case I don’t see The Rams signing D.Jackson. Imo - Copper Kupp is not the answer & Jackson would be just a spot WR. —Mcvay has a relationship & he is from the hood.You know LBC,Compton,& The wood.

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
Rams need a burner, Green is not it ... Jackson makes sense from that standpoint.

Agree with this. Assuming the Rams don’t move Woods or Kupp (possibility only because the way their contracts are structured) any addition at WR would seem to be a deep option for a 3rd/4th WR role.

Rams could look for that via the Draft but right now they have pick #57 and two projected comp picks at the end of Round Three. So right around pick #s 100 and 101.

That’s not much! And there are other needs.

So an inexpensive free agent might make sense, unless the Rams think Jefferson or Trishton Jackson can fill the role.

Jackson makes some sense because his age and lack of durability may prohibit any significant guaranteed-$; plus, he has experience with McVay (which could also be a bad thing), and is from CA; and playing in L.A. with Stafford and a chance to go deep into the post-season, could all be attractive options.

Also think John Ross makes some sense for many of the same reasons. Not in a position to ask for much in guarantees (performance incentives ok), from CA and success in L. A. with the Rams, McVay and Stafford could be a spring-board to re-establishing himself.

These are the type of options that may make sense AND fit. Hardly, great options but realistic. Assumes they want to continue to play, and the Rams see the need for a deep option and like their skill set. Will be interesting to see who else may come free in the next two weeks as teams get under the cap and prepare for free agency.

A.J. Green does not seem like a good fit for need or $. Think he can do much better (more significant role and guaranteed-$) than the Rams can offer; and still join a team with championship possibilities.

Tyrell Williams would fit the need but could see him getting more guaranteed-$ and a significant role with multiple teams.

Reality Sucks.

den-the-coach

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
If that’s the case I don’t see The Rams signing D.Jackson. Imo - Copper Kupp is not the answer & Jackson would be just a spot WR. —Mcvay has a relationship & he is from the hood.You know LBC,Compton,& The wood.

Jackson would be the receiver that can take the top off a defense, he still has that ability and would be the reason the Rams sign him. McVay & Jackson have a great relationship, so Jackson tries to rebuke Thomas Wolfe's sentiment, you can't go home again, by coming home for one last shot, to drink from the silver cup and take that highway to the sky.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Trying to think of the name of the WR who was a speed guy with bad hands that made a career out of moving from team to team.
Think he had stops in Miami, Arizona, Chicago etc.